What did you shoot today?

Had a very solid round going today, but got tired and finished double, bogey, bogey for a two over 74.

Wasn't my day, first two holes fairway, green and 2putts for par. Then the train derailed and was just a spotty round after that. I ran out of energy about 3 holes into the back 9, but that is golf.
41/45=86 that felt like a 96 honestly.
The Toulon Chicago treated me well today.

I have no clue what is going on with me this year. I use to be a mid 80's guy with a sprinkle on low 80's. Right now I am a low 90's guy with a sprinkle of mid 90's. shot a 95'ish today....uuuggghhh

Rolling drives, hitting balls fat and thin. No good contact at all. Disheartening

38 - 36 - 74. Could have been much better if I would have putted worth a darn. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys.

79 today. Driver was off. My wedges saved my score. My friend after the round said it sure didnt look like you were breaking 80 but your wedges were great. Thought I had something great going when I was -1 going into the 8th hole. I should not get ahead of myself.

I'm now 4 rounds in a row where I broke 80. Handicap is solidly in the single figures now and now I'm starting to wonder what happens if I put a complete round together with no double bogeys.

Still mad at myself for blowing up, score wise, in my tournament today. TPC Scottsdale Stadium course

First 9 holes - Even par. 5/7 FW, 7/9 greens, 16 putts. 1 Bogey and 1 birdie. 1 birdie chip should of went in, damn PVC pipe.
Next 9 holes - 12 over. 5/7 FW, 1/9 greens, 18 putts. 1 3 putt. 4 doubles. I couldn't play a wedge to save my life. Skull city.

My driver started a high balloon fade, lost a lot of distance. My hooks came back with the irons. My wedges were garbage. My putter pace went away magically. All that and I didn't lose a golf ball. I did walk but the morning wasn't bad and the sun really didn't hit me until the last 2-3 holes. It was 110 when it was time to walk back to the clubhouse.

I finally did it, I broke out of the 80's!! I've had several 80, 81, 82 but couldn't get over the hump. Today had everything working, shot 41/35=76 with 3 birdies, including a chip in bird.

Bizarre round. 47/43-90. I was all over the place. Hit four straight drives 270+, sliced three, and hooked two. Really got punished off the tee. Irons were super inconsistent. Couldn’t stay down on them but also chunked a couple. Chipping was fantastic, but never felt comfortable on the greens. No three putts and 32 total putts. I hit the range after the round and decided to add a bit of a pre-swing waggle to avoid coming too far inside on my backswing.
EF38DA34-3DE6-4E16-A5A7-CA433905AA91.jpeg

Back to back 88s on the home course, for adjusted +16s, right at my cap. Playing pretty well the past two weeks. Nice change from the previous few months of hot garbage.

2 birdies and some bogeys. Even hitting half the fairways makes golf easier

81. could afford bogeys on the last 2 holes for a 79. Doubled them both. Oof.

44/47-91.

Golf gods exacted revenge on me after my 80 yesterday! Tomorrow begins a dedicated stretching routine; back to back rounds really take a toll on my left hip. Driving suffered on the back nine due to my hip; putting was okay, irons were decent, except for my crappy wedge play.

43/42 and about 5 mistakes for double bogeys and a first hole that I was asleep.

Played 9 yesterday and managed a 45. I was wore out and I was surprised I got a 45 because I was very "armsy" and it was very hard to focus and keep my body and my lead arm in the swing. Had a couple birdie ops but did not convert those - missed one by less than 2 inches and one by about 8 inches which demands a slight growl or two. :ROFLMAO:

Wife and I played in a 2 person tourney yesterday and it was rough for us. We just didn't ham and egg it like we normally do.
Scotch ball-Chapman formats for the round and we shot 76 and finished 4 strokes out of the money. Oooof.

I finally did it, I broke out of the 80's!! I've had several 80, 81, 82 but couldn't get over the hump. Today had everything working, shot 41/35=76 with 3 birdies, including a chip in bird.

Congratulations!!!! Good job.

Shot a 45 that should have been quite a bit lower. Had a double and a triple. I did hit 4 GIR, but only 3 fairways. The double was due to a 3 putt on a long par 3 that I pulled left into a tree and left myself with a ~60y pitch to the green and the triple was the result of an errant punch shot that caught the tree in front of me, ricocheted into another and ended up 20y behind where I started... ugh. Anyway, other than that, I didn't play awful, but it definitely could have been better.

Finally starting to get my irons back on track after having some consistency issues. Hit them pretty well yesterday, the greens I missed it wasn't by much. Of course, I had to putt like crap, but still a good round on a fairly tough course.

41 / 40 / 81

Attachments

• 2020-06-22_07-33-50.png
    2020-06-22_07-33-50.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
Shot 84 today, probably the temperature outdoors. I hit the ball OK, but am still "lifting up" at contact on many shots. This has been my "achilles heel" since my spine operation 3 years ago, and since my back arthritis has worsened. But there were enough good contact shots to encourage me that I will eventually work through this.

78 yesterday...birdied the 1st hole and from then on there putter was rollin smooth all day. 3 birdies total but a few double bogeys throughout the round which is the norm unfortunately

Summer's come early in Central California. Last month we had a few days in the 105 to 107 range. This week its 102 to 105. Played yesterday morning before the heat. Still the same. Low 90's. 93 for yesterday's round. 49 on the front and 44 on the back. This round was typical for me. I usually struggle on the front 9 and play more steady on the back 9. No birdies. On the back 9 it was 8 bogeys and 1 par. Didn't miss a fairway on the back 9 but only 1 green in regulation. That was the par.

Two putted every hole on the back 9. The good news is there were no 3 putts on the day. The bad news not enough 1 putts. Missed a couple 5 footers I shoulda made. My lags were very good. I don't think I had any second putt over 3 feet. Even from over 40 feet.

As always, the problems that keep me from breaking 90 are all over the map. Yesterday it was a quadruple bogey on the 6th hole. I pull hooked the drive into a yard. Hit my 3rd shot from the tee. Missed to the right. Had to chip back into the fairway from behind a tree with my 4th. My 5th shot was over 200 yards. Left it short. 6th chipped on the green. Two putted for an 8.

Trying 9 holes today in the heat. We'll see how that goes. Gotta keep plenty of Gatorade on hand.

93, but it was much better than that. Two bad holes, the rest were on point for me, plus a bunch of lip outs. Score is a 93, but felt more like a mid 80s round

Heart-breaking round yesterday. Standing on the 14th tee, I was on pace for a 75 if I par in. I proceeded to go bogey/bogey/bogey/bogey/triple. Shot an 82. Golf! So many good things to be happy with yesterday, but the end left a bad taste in my mouth. Ugh!

Back