I’ve come to realize

Been playing this way too. I tried using my 56 or 60 and getting it to spin/stop, but I'm much more consistent with the bump and run.

Talk about Access to data - From Shotscope IG Account:

1593088457879.png

In my game the bump and run rules. Everything from 4 iron down, loft is dependent upon how much I need to carry to be rolling on the green. 2ft of fringe is 4 iron, 3 ft. 5 iron and, so on. Same putting stroke just various backstroke length.

I usually use my PW if a couple of yards of the green but might change that up a bit. My chipping game has hosed me this year. Nothing like a great drive with 120 left to the hole and then taking 4 shots from there. I need to get that short game dialed in and make a long putt every once in awhile

I've been using my 50 degree. Seems like its the same backstoke length for distances as my putter.
Just can't seem to get it with a 7 iron or such, as seems like a 6" backstroke with a 7 iron will go like 50', when its like 20' with my 50 degree, which aligns better with my putting distances. Maybe its just me.
No, that's my experience too. I have trouble keeping the stroke length short enough with an 8 or 7 iron. With my 50* or PW it's a little easier

My objective is to use enough club to fly the ball 5-10 feet onto the green and have it roll out from there. I choose a minimum of 5 feet in case of a mishit so the ball still gets on the green. Personally I use different clubs and the same stroke from 7i down to wedges depending on how close the cup is cut to the edge of the green. If the roll out is very long I will sometimes use a 6 iron.
This is me as well...

Back when I started playing this silly game we played with 3 woods, 9 irons, a SW and Putter. Chipping was always done with the 7i thru PW, depending on how much ground had to be cleared before the green, and how close the pin was. The SW (56) was rarely used outside of the sand.

Today, most of us have an arsenal of wedges, I'm currently carrying 50/54/58. They are all in play but mostly for approach shots. Around the green I still use 7i thru PW.

Bottom line is don't get married to one club. Let the lie & amount of green to work with dictate what club to choose. (y)

Bottom line is don't get married to one club. Let the lie & amount of green to work with dictate what club to choose. (y)
i can go with this. i also believe when greens are elevated itll take a different club. my initial response was regarding being a couple feet into the rough which i believe in a lot of cases a bump and run can be preformed.

i can go with this. i also believe when greens are elevated itll take a different club. my initial response was regarding being a couple feet into the rough which i believe in a lot of cases a bump and run can be preformed.
You can use a lot of different clubs from the rough as well. But again, it all is dictated by the lie & how much green you have between yourself & the flag ⛳

I think I'll stick with my 54 on my round today. I have a rule about not doing anything I haven't practiced during a round.

I think I'll stick with my 54 on my round today. I have a rule about not doing anything I haven't practiced during a round.

I hear ya, but unless you're standing on the 1st tee, go try it out. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick it up. Just a handful of balls on the practice green will show you. Chip them to a couple different holes and see what all the hype is about.

I would say it depends on what is happening in the round. If you are in a serious round I agree. If it is just a casual round why not try some new stuff out.

Back