If not, take a bottle of febreze, or just any spray bottle and fill it with water and something that smells good (I use Agua de Violetas), print a quick sticker that says "Kitty Kitty Go Away", slap it on, and then spray it under the bed every night. She will begin to associate the smell with bedtime.
Do they make that spray for dinosaurs? I need something more potent for what scares my 2 y.o. daughter :ROFLMAO:

We’re about 2 weeks into potty training my son, giving him m&ms every time he goes. He loves sitting on his little kid toilet cause he knows he gets candy now. I’m fine with it and it’s actually working!

We’re about 2 weeks into potty training my son, giving him m&ms every time he goes. He loves sitting on his little kid toilet cause he knows he gets candy now. I’m fine with it and it’s actually working!
Goodluck! You got this!

Yes, building something sweet is a dad victory!!

And goodluck with the eye patching. We have been patching for the past 3 years and it is a battle sometimes. Best of luck there, and hopefully you see progress as a result of the patching!

Thanks man. The biggest progress was the cataract surgery he had at 15 months at Stanford. His surgeon is the guru and everything is looking great a year and a half later.

Hopefully your little one is doing well also.

Since COVID has limited my kids activities, they have had more time in the house and more time in front of a screen of some sort. They were watching YouTube shows about kids opening toys and the like, which always resulted in them either asking for a certain toy, or talking about their "friend" so and so who got this toy, with us to later find out this "fried" is basically a YouTube personality pushing toys.

One day I saw the Mark Rober squirrel video and on a whim, had the kids watch it with me. They loved it. Now, they watched a bunch of his content which is fun, funny and educational, which leads to suggestions of similar content. Now, instead of mindless crap they are learning useful things and, more importantly, retaining them. one of Mark Rober's sponsors is KiwiCo which basically makes STEM crates for kids of various age groups. Kids really wanted them, so I got them each a monthly subscription for the summer. We did our first ones together on Sunday and it was great. We had a blast and they loved it.

We've been getting the KiwiCo crates for close to a year now and Kellen is our homeboy (you will soon learn). They really are well done and some of the toys/activities are still favorites months later.

Thanks! It’s getting better each day. Plus no more diapers! :LOL:
We can see the light at the end of our tunnel. After almost 5 years, and 3 kids, we are nearing the end. I cant wait!

We can see the light at the end of our tunnel. After almost 5 years, and 3 kids, we are nearing the end. I cant wait!
The thought that always got me through on potty training was this: “The success rate is 100%, it’s just a question of when.”

Reactions: mig
The thought that always got me through on potty training was this: “The success rate is 100%, it’s just a question of when.”
And having 2 done, and one more close, is it is so mych better for everyone, parents and child, when you dont push them too hard. Every child will do it when they are ready.

Wow, 3!? I commend you my friend

Veggie spread on in the tomato sauce on pizza night
See who can get more bubbles in their mouth while brushing To get him to brush better
Applesauce variety with other fruit and veggie purées mixed in
He hates veggies so V8 splash is grow juice instead of V8
Cheeto and or Doritos dusted veggies like Roasted cauliflower

My greatest dad victory was getting our oldest daughter riding her bike without training wheels because mom ran one of the training wheels over and I didn’t want to buy another set! Took 1 afternoon and she was cruising.

Veggie spread on in the tomato sauce on pizza night
See who can get more bubbles in their mouth while brushing To get him to brush better
Applesauce variety with other fruit and veggie purées mixed in
He hates veggies so V8 splash is grow juice instead of V8
Cheeto and or Doritos dusted veggies like Roasted cauliflower
Lots of great ideas here. About the only veggies we can get the boys to eat at pureed into applesauce. I'm going to have to use some of these other ideas those!

My greatest dad victory was getting our oldest daughter riding her bike without training wheels because mom ran one of the training wheels over and I didn’t want to buy another set! Took 1 afternoon and she was cruising.
Way to turn that into an opportunity!

If not, take a bottle of febreze, or just any spray bottle and fill it with water and something that smells good (I use Agua de Violetas), print a quick sticker that says "Kitty Kitty Go Away", slap it on, and then spray it under the bed every night. She will begin to associate the smell with bedtime.

I spoke too soon. We had another episode last night. Must've jinxed myself by posting in the thread LOL.

I'll be trying a spray bottle tonight.

Wow, 3!? I commend you my friend
We had a 2 for 1 deal with twin boys, so when we had our daughter it was a breeze. 1/2 the diapers, feedings, and toddler meltdowns :ROFLMAO:

Also, the mention of bike training wheels....

When you're ready to pull the training wheels, remove the pedals too. If you've not heard of a balance bike, it's just to get the child used to balancing without training wheels, but they just push themselves with their feet and coast. It's super simple and works really well. After a day or two, put the pedals back on the bike, and they'll make the jump much quicker than if they didn't practice the balancing part first.

You can go out and purchase a balance bike, but that would be a huge waste of money when you can just pull the pedals off the existing bike for a few days.

One of the hardest things as a Dad that I have faced is that my oldest just doesn't really care about watching sports or playing them a ton. If we are playing baseball in the back yard with my 3 year old... he will come play, but he never asks to do it. We have had him in soccer and flag football, and while he enjoys it, it just doesnt drive him. It is tough cause thats all I want to do and watch, so it kills me inside that he isn't the same way.

Yesterday, we were having lunch and he started talking about Minecraft that he plays on his switch and watches on youtube once in a while. We was so into the conversation and normally I tell him the game is silly and he needs to be outside playing. Instead yesterday, I asked questions, made it seem like I was genuinely interested and it seemed like it made his life. We had a 15 minute convo about Minecraft and I did not have a clue what I was talking about or him, but it truly seems like it made his day. I have never seen him so interested and happy over having to talk to dad in a long time.

So, my dad win... just listening and letting him do what he enjoys for a bit. Maybe the love for sports will come later down the road, maybe he will be an intense gamer, maybe he will be the president. I just dont know, but man, yesterday was cool.

One of the hardest things as a Dad that I have faced is that my oldest just doesn't really care about watching sports or playing them a ton. If we are playing baseball in the back yard with my 3 year old... he will come play, but he never asks to do it. We have had him in soccer and flag football, and while he enjoys it, it just doesnt drive him. It is tough cause thats all I want to do and watch, so it kills me inside that he isn't the same way.

Yesterday, we were having lunch and he started talking about Minecraft that he plays on his switch and watches on youtube once in a while. We was so into the conversation and normally I tell him the game is silly and he needs to be outside playing. Instead yesterday, I asked questions, made it seem like I was genuinely interested and it seemed like it made his life. We had a 15 minute convo about Minecraft and I did not have a clue what I was talking about or him, but it truly seems like it made his day. I have never seen him so interested and happy over having to talk to dad in a long time.

So, my dad win... just listening and letting him do what he enjoys for a bit. Maybe the love for sports will come later down the road, maybe he will be an intense gamer, maybe he will be the president. I just dont know, but man, yesterday was cool.
I found, that sometimes sitting down and just listening is the best way to connect with my kids. They talk about a lot of interesting things, and when you get excited about what they are talking about, their reaction is priceless. Keep it up!

Those times are so awesome. You don't always know what will work, but to see their eyes light up, is a huge victory. Well done.

Not a victory of my own, but wanted to give a shout out to my dad. A few weeks ago my 2 boys found my old gas powered remote control truck in my parents basement. It's been sitting for years and the motor was seized, but my dad said he'd fix it, because the boys really wanted to drive it. He sent me a video of him driving it last night. He converted it to electric using an old Black and Decker string trimmer battery and motor. Even set up a child (slow) and adult (fast)mode :ROFLMAO: for it. What a great dad, and a great grandpa!

I am banned from Facebook, Apparently, correcting grammar and spelling is not cool or welcome......😲 My generation do not get it, but we still love our kids and grandkids....

Facebook.jpg

My kids are now 18 and 15. The best thing is hearing them say things that I would say to them when they were younger. Some of the “wisdom” sunk in along the way.

My kids are now 18 and 15. The best thing is hearing them say things that I would say to them when they were younger. Some of the “wisdom” sunk in along the way.
That's my hope on day!

Back