ANNOUNCEMENT Introducing True Motion Golf

Welcome, TMG! Looking forward to seeing what this partnership is all about.

This is a nice addition to the forum. True Motion Golf has some good things to offer.

Yes, I am interested in getting better.

Thank you JB for the introduction, and thank you everyone for the kind words. 🙏 We are here for YOU! We are honored that JB is allowing us to help you with your golf swing, short game, putting, and mental approach. We are also honored that you are willing to give us input on our Golf Academy design so we can reach an audience of like minded golfers who are simply trying to have more fun playing golf.

Helping You: We want to lend a hand if anyone in the THP community has questions about the golf swing, short game, putting, or mental approach. Tim teaches a range of students, from hackers to World Class junior golfers, and has seen a lot. I started my own golf improvement journey eight years ago, I'm a voracious reader and golf swing technique nut, and I've made some dramatic improvements to my swing, short game, and putting over the years. We can both lend our own perspectives on what ails you, or how you can improve. No question is too simple nor too difficult. Fire Away!

We aren't here to espouse 'Our Way' of swinging a golf club as there is plenty of that in the golf coaching community. We also don't have one way of helping you play your best golf. We will try and find the best methodology, feels, and communication that works for each individual, because everyone hears and feels different things when trying to make a change in their OWN golf swing or methods.

Designing the True Motion Golf Academy: As JB mentioned, one of our goals is to get input from the THP community about how we can make, our soon to launch, True Motion Golf Academy better. We think we have some great ideas in the hopper of how to build the Golf Academy and we want to get our customers' wish list upfront...before we put out a bunch of content that golfers like you, don't want, and frankly, don't need. We aren't going to pump out 100s of videos and charge people for them without seeing their swings, or making sure they do the new motion patters correctly (using Feedback). BTW, we don't think watching online golf content gets golfers better...sitting around watching videos never lowered anyone's handicap. 😂But wait, aren't you guys looking to sell online golf videos? Hahahaha

Our members (should we call them members, clients, students, players, or ...feedback request), get better by embracing the journey of improving their golf games, committing to the process, gaining confidence through reaching milestones, and understand that Feedback is crucial to making swing changes. We try to be sticklers that people send us Feedback video or pics before they try practicing an incorrect motion pattern.

So if you are interested in getting better, or you'd just like to help design a World Class online Golf Academy; ask questions, comment, let us know what you'd like to learn, and give valuable feedback on the direction we're headed. We are thinking about this relationship just like we think about helping golfers, we need Feedback; without it, you can't get better, nor can we.

Thanks
Matt
I’m very ready to see what comes of this. I’m willing to be the crash test dummy!

this is great, welc ok me to THP! always good to have more instruction and lessons accessible!

I love this! For as odd as it may seem for someone living in NYC, it is actually difficult to get a good instructor. Either they are expensive, not great, or it’s a pain to get to them. Really looking forward to this and what they offer.

Great post @MattStrube I’m excited to see what you guys have to offer. As someone who has been known to struggle with the dreaded hosel rocket from time to time I have watched countless videos and even taken a lesson or two. In fact that issue that crept in out of nowhere kind of got me started on trying to learn all I can about the golf swing.

Great post @MattStrube I’m excited to see what you guys have to offer. As someone who has been known to struggle with the dreaded hosel rocket from time to time I have watched countless videos and even taken a lesson or two. In fact that issue that crept in out of nowhere kind of got me started on trying to learn all I can about the golf swing.
We still hit them...😂, but mostly when trying to change a motion pattern. We have a pretty cool trick to get rid of them in the short run. In the long run, you just need to commit to a swing that isn't prone to them and not to sweat it when you hit one.

I love this! For as odd as it may seem for someone living in NYC, it is actually difficult to get a good instructor. Either they are expensive, not great, or it’s a pain to get to them. Really looking forward to this and what they offer.
I'm in SF, and Tim is in Chicago, and we have students all over the country. With Zoom and iPhone video, we can give people feedback anywhere!

This sounds awesome! Welcome and I can't wait to learn more!!

Have you submitted a SetUp or Video of your SetUp yet? The Basic Academy is us getting our feet wet with our new online platform, and we are looking to really give members like you the royal treatment for being first. Think of it as our beta version of an online Golf Academy. Hit me up via email matt@truemotiongolf.com I'll shoot you my number and you can text Tim or me your videos to look at.

Thanks Matt, yes have submitted a couple for setup and takeaway and you guys responded really quickly.

Thanks Matt, yes have submitted a couple for setup and takeaway and you guys responded really quickly.
Cool... I see you're in Oakland. Once COVID is done with, we'll have to meet up and play some golf. I live in SF

Cool... I see you're in Oakland. Once COVID is done with, we'll have to meet up and play some golf. I live in SF

I am down. Played at Presidio a couple times the last month, trying to decide if playing harding before the PGA will be worth the money to get my teeth kicked in anytime you miss the fairway.

I am down. Played at Presidio a couple times the last month, trying to decide if playing harding before the PGA will be worth the money to get my teeth kicked in anytime you miss the fairway.
I would vote a big fat NO on that one. The fun is absolutely gone with 4" rough...Now we're way off topic. 😂

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is awesome!!!! Can we get their opening stance on Convex vs. Concave swing shapes :oops:

Never heard of the Convex swing...just looked it up; some of his theory might make sense and it may be within our Tolerances, but I'm not certain. 😬 Net net, we don't have dogmatic views of swing theories, or how to teach. There are tolerances where we want students to be within, and if they want to get better, they need to get to be within those Tolerances.

Never heard of the Convex swing...just looked it up; some of his theory might make sense and it may be within our Tolerances, but I'm not certain. 😬 Net net, we don't have dogmatic views of swing theories, or how to teach. There are tolerances where we want students to be within, and if they want to get better, they need to get to be within those Tolerances.
Hey Matt! Thanks for responding and Keeping up with all this! We're going to love having you associated with the Forum, and I think your model is awesome and going to have a ton of success! I've worked with other coaches that focused on helping me feel/find either edge of acceptable so I can moderate and self regulate between the bookends, sounds similar to your tolerances concept. It worked really well for me, and has been making a big difference!

My comment about the swing shape was in jest because we had a whole thing on the forum, and the thread blew up. I think @JB had to lock it down eventually because someone was try to utilize it for advertising, on top of it being crazy and not making much sense. I'm sure JB can give you more details if your interested.

But regardless, Super stoked to have you guys apart of this awesome community!

Hey Matt! Thanks for responding and Keeping up with all this! We're going to love having you associated with the Forum, and I think your model is awesome and going to have a ton of success! I've worked with other coaches that focused on helping me feel/find either edge of acceptable so I can moderate and self regulate between the bookends, sounds similar to your tolerances concept. It worked really well for me, and has been making a big difference!

My comment about the swing shape was in jest because we had a whole thing on the forum, and the thread blew up. I think @JB had to lock it down eventually because someone was try to utilize it for advertising, on top of it being crazy and not making much sense. I'm sure JB can give you more details if your interested.

But regardless, Super stoked to have you guys apart of this awesome community!
Thank you...I can totally see how his content got locked. 😉

Welcome fellas! Look forward to hearing your swing thoughts and learning more about your goals going forward.

Very freaking cool!!! Welcome to the Family!!

Welcome to THP, True Motion Golf!

You are correct sir. Tim is my instructor! Great guy for sure.

If you want to see Tim in action... Feel free to check out my lesson thread. Plenty of videos and feedback.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Mine too

Welcome True Motion!

I have taking lessons from Tim Overman for 12 years. SIGNIFICANT improvement to my game! Also really learned to enjoy golf more and more. The videos, lessons online and Zoom talks have been great.

Thank you Matt & Tim

A bit of a shaky start when links don’t work and there are spelling errors (“Lean”) instead of “Learn” on link tabs.

I’m a bit confused on the pricing as it compares to the actual sign up page. What is included in the $79.99?

Back