Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

What wedges are you currently playing?
Ben Hogan Equalizer 50/54/60 with Recoil 780 F4 SmackWrap Shafts.

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
The modified sole design. When I miss with my wedges, its usually because I dig the leading edge a bit too much. I have always been a big fan of Cleveland Golf wedges, and the RTX line in particular having played the RTX-4s thanks to THP. There is a lot to like about the look of the RTX ZipCore wedges, but that refined sole grind has me really intrigued. If selected, I would prefer a 54* wedge so I can hit some full shots, or open it up when in trouble. I will call it the Guardian Angel because it will be by my side whenever I am in trouble.

Current Wedges: 52* Titleist Vokey S7, 56* Cleveland RTX (Original/1st model), 60* Titleist TVD

Super excited about RTX ZipCore are feel/feedback, stopping/spin on the green, and consistency of the newest Cleveland wedge and I'd love to compare & review with my (old) RTX & Titleist Vokey of mine.

I want to test and review 56*loft/10*bounce RTX ZipCore.

Thanks.

These look ridiculously good!

I've been playing Mizuno wedges for the last several years, currently playing S18s in 54 and 58, along with the Srixon gap wedge that came with my iron set. I haven't played a Cleveland wedge since the CG14s came out.

V-sole on the mid bounce options is super exciting! My irons have the V-sole, and I love it there. I'd imagine it's just as good on a wedge. Especially if you come down a bit too steep, which is my biggest wedge mistake.

I'd love to see if the new Zipcore can oust my current wedges and get the Srixon/Cleveland family together in my bag!

Thanks for putting this opportunity out there! You guys rock!

I would like to be a tester. I have previously gamed Cleveland RTX 588CB's before but have now moved onto the Callaway MD4. What intrigues me is their new grooves. I would love to compare my 54 MD4 to the Zipcore 54 degree wedge.

Currently playing:?
- Srixon z785 51° - Mid Grind - TT AMT Black S300
- Cleveland RTX-4 56° bent to 55° - Mid Grind - TT DG S400
- Cleveland RTX-4 60° bent to 59° - Mid Grind - TT DG S400

Excited to see how the RTX ZipCore compare to the RTX-4’s I play and love. How do the new ZipCore grooves improve spin on shots 100y in, and how the new Tour Issue Dynamic Gold Spinner shafts affect trajectory on full shots. I’d love to test the 56° Mid, thanks!

Currently using -

Cleveland RTX 2.0 60 degrees
Cleveland CG12 52 degrees

I'm excited by the new grooves on the RTX ZipCore !!

I would like to test the 54 degrees RTX ZipCore wedge !!

Count me in!

I'm currently playing the RTX-3 Raw in 52° with 10° of loft, a 56° with 11° of loft, and 60° with 9° of loft.

I love the look of the new ZipCore wedges, am really excited to try out the updated core and movement of the COG, have fallen in love with the Satin finish, and really want to replace my lob with a Low Grind 60°.

Thanks!

Cleveland RTX-3 VMG 50° Callaway MD-4 54° Callaway MD-4 58°

A company like Cleveland saying they tore a successful design like the RTX4 down and started over is the sort of thing that makes me pay a bit more attention. Instead of a new technology stacked atop previous success, starting over is a bit riskier. Even opting for a different name rather than the RTX5 is something I find interesting. What excites me is the idea that they have managed to take the CG placement ideas from wedges like the CBX, and multimaterial design, put them in a wedge that, down by the ball, looks the business, all without compromising feel or spin. If that's the case, that's the best wedge on the market.

I would really love to test these new wedges. As a newer golfer I think it would love to try these out. Currently I have a few different wedges. I have a 50 Apex Pro approach wedge, 52 Cleveland Black, and a 60 random old wedge I have had for a while. I would love to test these just to see how much this one wedge could improve my game as I can see what the real difference is from my crappy wedges I currently own, and I also have a huge gap. I would really love to test out a 56 degree. Thank you!

I have used Cleveland wedges for the last 25+ years exclusively (maybe with a couple of exceptions). I have probably bought 15 Cleveland wedges over the years.

WITB:

CBX2 54*
CBX2 58*
RTX4 62*

I am looking forward to test the ZipCore vs. the RTX4 I have. Every time a new Cleveland wedge comes out I go out and try them. I tend to hit a variety of shots around the green using all my wedges depending on the condition.

I know beggars can't be choosers but I would like to have the following customization if I am lucky enough to be chosen:

62* (I believe only Mid Sole comes with this loft)
Shaft: TT XP 95 S300
Shaft Length: 35.5" (I like all my wedges to be the same length)

I will be playing this Sunday with a friend who has been testing clubs for Golf Digest for its annual Club Test issue for the last few years. I will ask him for his feedback on what notes to take.

Thanks!

Would love to test the new Cleveland wedge. I'm currently playing the Callaway MD3 52* and 60* but just not in love with them. Tried out my son's Cleveland CBX and it felt very comfortable and just produced a very smooth swing. And it had me thinking about a change anyway.

Being able to test this Cleveland RTX club would truly be exciting for me. Besides being a beautiful looking club, I am most excited about its new UltiZip grooves, to hopefully give me the extra spin lacking in my existing clubs. Not getting the bite from my current clubs. And yes, the forgiveness that this club advertises is something I will most certainly put to the test.

If chosen, would love to try the wedge in a 58* loft in LH (hopefully you do have LH testers). But if you have limited selection of LH clubs to test, I would be happy to test the 50* or 54* as well.

I currently use a 50 and 54 deg Hogan wedge. I play the OL Cobra Speedzones so my wages are extremely important to my game. Anything inside 115 are my wedges unless it is a green side bump and run. I would love to try the Cleveland RTX's as I need a wedge to fly to the target and stop, sometimes pst sith a backstop and pull the string. I would dearly love to be picked as a tester for these. For one I would love a 50 deg, if it is a pair then the 50 with either a 54 or 56 to match.

Would love to try out new wedges. Just bought a new set of irons...wedges are next on the list to be replaced.
Currently playing Ping Tour S wedges, 52, 56, and 60.
Would like to try out the 52 degree Cleveland. Have always been a fan of Cleveland wedges, always seem to be ahead of the industry in technology.

Great opportunity! Good luck everyone!

I'd like to try them. I'm currently using CBX-2 wedges. 54, 58, and 60.

I'm currently playing a mix of Cleveland and Vokey as I love both brands:
60 Vokey SM 6 S Grind
56 Cleveland CG12
52 Vokey SM Tour Chrome

I love the feel of Cleveland wedges around the green and prefer to chip with them over any other wedge I have tried. Really excited about the additional and sharper grooves for added spin. I'm more comfortable trying to chip in close and stop with minimal roll than I am with a bump and run so am very excited to try there out. I obviously play my wedges for awhile so increased durability is a huge perk too.

Would love to try 56 loft as that is my preferred loft to chip with.

Thanks for the oppostunity!

Having already won the Vokey wedges, it would not be kosher to try for more wedges, but I sure am excited they are arriving on Monday with reviews to follow!

Another great opportunity!

I really like the look of these and the tech has me intrigued. Im interested to see how the new zipcore and moved CG can add some stability to some of my offcenter wedge

I currently play Cleveland RTX3’s in 52,56,60*. So if picked I’d like either the 52* or 56* so I can give a good head to head comparison.

thanks again!

I would love to test these new wedges out. I currently play 54 and 58 Cleveland RTX3 wedges. I get most excited to try the Zipcore wedge to try the next evolution of Cleveland wedges since I’m a long time Cleveland wedge user. I’d most like a 54 degree wedge to test. Thanks!

Last edited:
Currently playing 50* sm7, 54* sm7, and 58* md4 x grind, a fairly well working set for me but definitely room for improvement.

The rtx wedges have always been intriguing, just never got to try them out, but the zipcore for greater moi and increased spin, paired with the ulti zip more/better/deeper grooves for spin stopping power are super interesting

At this point, I think the 54* with mid grind would improve a spot needing improvement, especially around the greens

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Yesterday we had all of the details on the new Cleveland RTX ZipCore wedges and judging by the huge conversation, the interest is high! We want to have some members of the THP Forum join us in the testing of this new and exciting product.

Untitled-5-1024x692.jpg

Each participant chosen will receive a brand new wedge in the loft of their choosing. Your job will be to review the new ZipCore for a period of 30 days and at the end of it, the wedge is yours to keep. Like all of the forum testing, you must be able to check in daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.

How to Sign Up
We will select 6 THPers to join our staff that will be reviewing as well.

We will announce the testers on Friday and then get these shipped out to you.

Continue reading...

I would LOVE to test these! I primarily play Srixon/Cleveland clubs, and would love to test these out. Currently play the Cleveland Launcher 3-hybrid and Cleveland HB Soft #6 putter. In fact, my very first set of irons were the Cleveland TA5, and gamed them for almost 15 years.

I currently play a mix of Titleist SM6 and SM7. Before these, I played the old CG 15 black pearl wedges for years.

If I could choose, the lofts and grinds I’d select for these Clevelands would be:

50 mid
54 full
60 full

Thanks! Good luck everyone!

Love seeing all these posts with new names!! These wedges are causing some serious 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
I would love to be a tester and give perspective from a Northern, Canadian, golfer.

Currently playing Cobra MIM 52 56 60 and SureOut2 64

Totally intrigued by the zipcore story.

I think a 60 mid grind would be a great tester for me.

Bob

I’m so in on this! The faces on these wedges look amazing!

Mizuno T-11 52* / TrueTemper Spinner
TaylorMade MG 56* / TrueTemper
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60* / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115g

The faces look absolutely 🔥 with the new UltiZip grooves! But for me it’s about the sweet spot and High-Low MOI. If more of my shots can land there to create more consistency, sign me up all day, every day.

I’d be interested to test any, but would pick the 60* over others. According to Arccos, it’s my most used wedge, hands down. Over the last month, I’ve used my 60* for 266 shots while my 52* was swung 84 times and my 56* was pulled for 33.

I cannot tell if these things will be available in LH right off the bat, but I will throw my hat into the ring anyway :)

Wedges I Currently Play:
  • GW: Callaway Apex 19
  • SW: Titleist SM7 54 Degree
  • LW: Callaway Jaws 58 Degree

The thing I am most interested as it relates to the ZipCore Wedges is regarding the ZipCore itself. Seeing how the movement of materials effects spin and feel are the two things that intrigue me the most.

Ideally, I would like to try this in a 58 or 60 degree, as that is the club I rely on most around the greens.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity

Back