What's Your Highest Wedge Loft?

While I have a 60, it currently sits in the corner. My highest loft is a 56 bent 2 degrees weak to 58.
Same here. I HAVE a 60, but it never sees the light of day.

I have a 60* wedge as my most lofted club. I use it a lot. It is my main greenside bunker club and almost anything short of 75 yards if they don't need to be a low runner.

Gamed a 48-54-60 CBX setup for a couple years but eventually came to believe I'd be better served topping out at 58* given my (lack of) ability. Wanted the 58* to be the CBX FF but I could never find one locally. Finally found one while driving through STL enroute to a golf gathering 3 weeks ago. Such a nice wedge. I traded my old 60* in on the spot so it couldn't tempt me and also convinced the store to bend my 54 to 53 as part of their sale. I know it's anal but I just prefer the even loft spacing with 48-53-58. Only 8 rounds, 2 competitive, with the new 58* FF so far but I'm seeing better results.

58. My wedges go

PW (46)

I have a 64° in my "miscellaneous clubs" bag in the garage. That thing was more of a liability than an asset on the course for me, it hasn't seen the light of day for years.

64 Mack Daddy. Great when I have no green to work with.

For well over a decade the highest loft I was comfortable with was a 56*. I could pull off pretty much everything I needed to. However during The Grandaddy I took a chance and went with a 60* PM Grind and haven't looked back. It's been a blessing around the green.

I love my 60 from 30-95 yards for flop shots to full shots. I feel like I have more control with it and am most comfortable with the approach.

54 deg, minimal bounce. I play it out of sand and also the fairways

60* on a short course. 56* on a longer course. I'll swap the 60* for another club at the top of the bag on a longer course. Occasionally swap out the 56* instead. Should probably just buy a 58* and play a 52*, 58* setup

58* for me

I have a 58* and use a lot.

I have a 58°, and I'm using it less and less as I get comfortable using a 54 for much more shipping and short game shots. There's just too much variance with the 58 in terms of getting the ball to do what I want, I get much more reliable results from the 54.

Just replaced my 60 with a 58 and very happy

I think that callaway 64 would be fun though?

58 is the highest I carry. Only use it out of bunkers and around greens.

My highest is a 56 and I do miss not having a 60 LW. I don't have room in the bag for an extra wedge so my current setup 43/48 iron set wedges with 52/56 "real" wedges. Thinking about adding a 58 or 60 but have not decided on how to do it. Maybe 54/58 or 52/56/60 and pull out a longer club.

60 degrees give me all of the shot options I need and is still a club I can use for full swings.

As I rarely use my 60* wedge, I'm thinking of ditching it and going with a 48* instead. My Taylormade M2 PW is 43.5*. So my wedge gapping would be 42.5*, 48*, 52*, 56*. As I can hit most shots with my 56* that I would with the 60*, I think the 48* would fit much better. What is you highest wedge loft you game?
My wedge gapping is 43,46,50,56

60* that is good from around the green until about 65/70 yds. At that distance I would rather switch over to light/easy 56*

60*. I love it for 20-30 yd shots, but feel like I'm still only scratching the surface with it.

I went through a period where the highest loft I carried was a 56˚ and I did ok with it at the time. Currently I carry a 60˚ lob that I use for short sand shots and around the green when I'm short sided, which happens more than I'd like. I think everyone should play what they're comfortable with, but for my current bag makeup, going with a 60˚ lob wedge makes sense as it affords me the option for a high shot when I need it.

I'd love to experiment with a 62˚ or 64˚ in the bag for those pesky short sided shots, but would either have to drop something or spread my gaps out more. Given my current setup that's not likely this year.

I have a 64 but rarely use it anymore. I use my 60 regularly.

Back