Official Rant of the Day

I may have missed a post or two, but it sounds like a clean sheet re-examination is in order.

My biggest career regret, in 40+ years, was staying too long at the fair too many times, and it ate me up. "I can fix this. It will turn around. I can make this work." But I couldn't, and it didn't, and deep down inside, I knew it. I would have been better off seeking a new place on my terms, cutting my losses, and moving on. It took me a long time to figure that my loyalties were misplaced.

Ken Blanchard says that you should be doing for a living whatever it is that makes you lose track of time. At the time my kids were teenagers, i had to qualify that statement by saying he wasn't talking about downloading mp3s, but it's a good place to start your thinking.

it is...as ready as i was to retire from the Corps...this job makes that last couple of years seem like paradise. 3 yrs and it feels like 10 have come off my life.

it is...as ready as i was to retire from the Corps...this job makes that last couple of years seem like paradise. 3 yrs and it feels like 10 have come off my life.

Life is too short and too precious to be feeling that way about your career. Good luck, and you have lots of people in your circle who would be happy to help.

Sunday night we got a ton of rain. 6 or 7 inches in the span of a couple hours. Flooding in the streets, stores, and peoples homes.
We got away easy. Our Street/Bay all funnels the water back down to the closest intersection. We ended up with some water in a back door (mainly due to a stuffed up storm drain, no biggie).

Monday was cleanup.

Tuesday night, 4 more inches of rain. Crazy flooding again. Wednesday (Canada Day), I was at the wife's restaurant trying to patch the roof to stop any further water penetration.... if it works, who knows.

Today, driving around, I realized how bad it was. They have diked off an access road into the city (that runs beside the river). The permanent dike has water halfway up it already. A frightening thing since the dike is at like a 1 in 125 yr water level height.

Travelling north of the city, sections of highway have washed away. A dam at the town my grandmother lives by has burst. Another dam at another town close by is very close to bursting as well.

Golf wise? 3 courses are completely underwater. Like go swimming in a fairway water level. These courses were finally getting a good year because of Covid business was up really good. Another course, the access roads have washed away.

All this in a year where the Sunday night rain was the 2nd rain we had gotten all year. Stupid mother nature.

This is a First World problem, I know, and compared to anyone else's problems, it's nothing, but this really frosted my buns today.

I needed some organic lawn fertilizer and since local dealers stopped carrying what I really liked, it's back to Milorganite for me, which for some reason is in short supply. Perhaps there's a simultaneous prune shortage and cheese surplus in Milwaukee, but I digress. Anyhow, I checked around and a local big box, the one that rhymes with Chrome Repo, had 62 bags in stock. The store is a 15 minute drive, and this stuff disappears, so I bought it online and selected curbside pickup.

By 8:15 am, I was told the order was ready in a text message with detailed instructions of where to go and a link to click when I got there. I pulled into slot 01 at 4:36 pm and clicked the link to inform them of where I was, my car, etc. The screen informed me someone would be out very soon with my order. At 4:43 the skies opened up for ten minutes. At 4:46 an SUV pulled into slot 03. At 4:55, I opened the Chrome Repo app on my phone to get the store's phone number. I was immediately greeted by a screen asking me to sign in and register when I get to the store to pick up my order. So I enter all the same stuff and I am told again that someone will be appearing shortly with my order. At 5:03, I call the store and after over ten rings, I reach an associate and ask whether it's normal to wait over 25 minutes for a curbside pickup. She said they had no record of anyone waiting for a pickup (I informed her there were two of us) and she assured me someone would be right out. Five minutes later, I went in to the store and hunted down an associate at the customer service desk. He puts his call on hold to address a very agitated me. He takes me to the staging area, helps me find my order, complaining all the while about short staffing, yet being very polite to me. total time from parking my car to driving away - 39 minutes. I then drove to a store whose name rhymes with Test Spy and they filled my curbside pickup in under three minutes.

How hard can this be?

This is a First World problem, I know, and compared to anyone else's problems, it's nothing, but this really frosted my buns today.

I needed some organic lawn fertilizer and since local dealers stopped carrying what I really liked, it's back to Milorganite for me, which for some reason is in short supply. Perhaps there's a simultaneous prune shortage and cheese surplus in Milwaukee, but I digress. Anyhow, I checked around and a local big box, the one that rhymes with Chrome Repo, had 62 bags in stock. The store is a 15 minute drive, and this stuff disappears, so I bought it online and selected curbside pickup.

By 8:15 am, I was told the order was ready in a text message with detailed instructions of where to go and a link to click when I got there. I pulled into slot 01 at 4:36 pm and clicked the link to inform them of where I was, my car, etc. The screen informed me someone would be out very soon with my order. At 4:43 the skies opened up for ten minutes. At 4:46 an SUV pulled into slot 03. At 4:55, I opened the Chrome Repo app on my phone to get the store's phone number. I was immediately greeted by a screen asking me to sign in and register when I get to the store to pick up my order. So I enter all the same stuff and I am told again that someone will be appearing shortly with my order. At 5:03, I call the store and after over ten rings, I reach an associate and ask whether it's normal to wait over 25 minutes for a curbside pickup. She said they had no record of anyone waiting for a pickup (I informed her there were two of us) and she assured me someone would be right out. Five minutes later, I went in to the store and hunted down an associate at the customer service desk. He puts his call on hold to address a very agitated me. He takes me to the staging area, helps me find my order, complaining all the while about short staffing, yet being very polite to me. total time from parking my car to driving away - 39 minutes. I then drove to a store whose name rhymes with Test Spy and they filled my curbside pickup in under three minutes.

How hard can this be?
Seems like that defeated the curbside delivery aspect. I have also used their locker system which is an awesome feature. No human contact and available quick and easy. Just might be a better option for your next trip.

Power outage since 730 this morning 😑

Power outage since 730 this morning 😑
Power was out here yesterday 2pm - 5:30... It was alson95* and sunny... I don't understand how that is even possible. Between water main breaks and power outage it's one interesting issue after another.

Power was out here yesterday 2pm - 5:30... It was alson95* and sunny... I don't understand how that is even possible. Between water main breaks and power outage it's one interesting issue after another.

Ohio Edison or Illumination Company? Everyone running AC puts the load on and a transformer blows.

Hardly any rain in Central and Eastern PA lately. Greens are rock hard. Hit a great chip that was barely moving above the hole. Kept going and going until it ran off the green. It’s that time of year.

I had a round with a couple family members early Friday morning and we tee off and as we are getting in our carts a guy flies up and tells us he's our 4th. He was completely unprepared and was late for the tee time but we just shrugged it off. He proceeds to shank a drive then top 4 straight balls. The same pattern continues. He finally hits a decent drive and makes an obnoxious comment even though he's the shortest ball by far. He continues to top almost every iron shot. We try to calm him down as we know it can be awkward joining a group you don't know but then he starts giving us tips. He started with my cousin who was 3 under at the time and was trying to give him putting advice even though my cousin was putting solid and this guy was streaky at best. He gave me chipping advice (even though his technique was not one I would copy and yielded a few bladed chips from him) then gave my brother advice as well. He then tells us about his miracle hole in one he had the previous year which didn't seem to add up but we just congratulated him and kept enjoying the round. He finally shouted a comment about Ernie Els in my downswing with driver and I blocked it out terribly. I just shook my head and ignored him the rest of the round and focused on enjoying it. I didn't realize how much he bothered my friends until the texting stream that followed. We are about as laid back and welcoming as we could be and that's how we were rewarded..

2020 is the gift that keeps on giving!

I had a round with a couple family members early Friday morning and we tee off and as we are getting in our carts a guy flies up and tells us he's our 4th. He was completely unprepared and was late for the tee time but we just shrugged it off. He proceeds to shank a drive then top 4 straight balls. The same pattern continues. He finally hits a decent drive and makes an obnoxious comment even though he's the shortest ball by far. He continues to top almost every iron shot. We try to calm him down as we know it can be awkward joining a group you don't know but then he starts giving us tips. He started with my cousin who was 3 under at the time and was trying to give him putting advice even though my cousin was putting solid and this guy was streaky at best. He gave me chipping advice (even though his technique was not one I would copy and yielded a few bladed chips from him) then gave my brother advice as well. He then tells us about his miracle hole in one he had the previous year which didn't seem to add up but we just congratulated him and kept enjoying the round. He finally shouted a comment about Ernie Els in my downswing with driver and I blocked it out terribly. I just shook my head and ignored him the rest of the round and focused on enjoying it. I didn't realize how much he bothered my friends until the texting stream that followed. We are about as laid back and welcoming as we could be and that's how we were rewarded..
And sadly I'm going to predict that he has no idea how annoying he is :banghead: Good on you for simply trying to make the best of it.

You are WAAYYYYY too nice.....I probably would have asked him what his swing thoughts were on #1 (after his first advice)

Last week needed $3,500.00 repairs to my vehicle. Yesterday the 2 struts that assist the rear hatch froze and wasn't able to open. Today driving down the Highway an alarm went off for brake failure and the cruise control quit working. More repair $$$$$$$
Then this afternoon the A coil and compressor for the air conditioner got fried when a snake crawled in the outside air conditioner unit. Another $3,500.00 in estimated repairs. UFF-DAH

Last edited:

We are in a finger-shaped service area (yah - THAT finger, apparently) for our electric utility. We are surrounded by another utility that almost never loses power. We are without power for over 2% of the year (something like 212 hours in 2018, with the longest outage being something like seven hours.) Over half the homes on our street have Kohler or Generac standby generators. I know the outage number by heart and it always seems to be the same number of customers - around 3,600 these days, with new developments being bulit nearby. This is so far below the service standards for New York I actually called the utility one day and got a really helpful engineer who sent me the outage details that they need to file with New York State, as well as their uptime improvement projects. I thought the primary cause for outages was going to be Rocky the Frying Squirrrel immolating himself on a transformer, but it actually turned out to be motorists taking out utility poles. It's gotten a little better of late, but I still hold my breath whenever we have a heavy dew.

I guess this is as good a topic to post this as any...

IBF and Nick Faldo. Absolute golf equipment dinosaurs. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wifes sister, backing out of the drive way into my truck door, wasn’t even parked behind her...

eb0f54cdc9447b21b3657d26eae6038d.jpg

My rant is getting older. I'm only 36 but my back has been giving me nonstop issues and I think I have a hip flexor strain. My golf game has suffered because of it which is unacceptable! I have a massage scheduled for Saturday but if that doesn't help I think it might be time to see a doctor.

My rant is getting older. I'm only 36 but my back has been giving me nonstop issues and I think I have a hip flexor strain. My golf game has suffered because of it which is unacceptable! I have a massage scheduled for Saturday but if that doesn't help I think it might be time to see a doctor.

Oh man good luck.
I can say as someone a few years your elder, the Theragun has helped me so much.

Oh man good luck.
I can say as someone a few years your elder, the Theragun has helped me so much.
I've been really considering one of those. I struggle with the price but if it helps it would be totally worth it.

I've been really considering one of those. I struggle with the price but if it helps it would be totally worth it.

Before the move I was doing it every day for about 15 minutes and back pain was nearly eliminated. YMMV, but could be worth a try.

If the massage offers temporary relief, the Theragun will be good for you

Will echo JB's comments. I got one (not Theragun) a few months ago, and it has been a huge benefit for me with lower back pain. The good ones really help.

FSA approved with a prescription... I‘ve used it to great effect to recover from P90x. And landscaping...

Reactions: KEV
Work computer seems to have a hangover this morning :banghead:

Got our final water bill from the old house and it was almost $1500! I called and they said it looks like their might be a leak, but the current owners need to get someone out there to prove that the leak is not something that "goes down the drain" meaning a dripping faucet, running toilet, etc. So basically I am at the mercy of these people to do this correctly or I am on the hook for a $1500 water bill that was never more than $135. This is crazy!

Back