Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

Well the post I didn't want to make but it was inevitable.

I am unfortunately joining my dude @mr.hicksta from the Doubtful list to OUT.

This COVID stuff unfortunately isn't going to be scaled back anytime soon, and to be honest I think this is going to last the rest of this year and into next year in my humble opinion. My employer also isn't going to scale back the restrictions on flying out if we choose to.

I contacted Southwest Airlines and they were nice enough to grant me a full refund despite booking the "Wanna Get Away" fare which is non-refundable and I was originally going to get a 2-year credit from this flight.

It sucks. I was super excited and counting down to meet the awesome group of people I haven't met as well as seeing friends again that I haven't seen in awhile.

For those of you still going, have fun, and hopefully 2021 the Lake Tahoe Open can happen without all this BS we are going thru.

Cheers.
OGC.3f62929bf24ce11426eedc5d96c1ca1e

Playing Pebble Beach 8/6 for the first time...anyone here play before?

I played it in August 2018, the week before the US Amateur, it was everything I expected and more. If you can, get a caddie and walk the course, get lots of pictures, and make sure someone gets some pictures of you (tee shot on 7, second shot on 8, walking up 18 with your caddie)!

Unfortunately caddies aren't available due to covid but definitely walking the course and taking tons of photos

Unfortunately caddies aren't available due to covid but definitely walking the course and taking tons of photos

Expecting some live round thread updates..

Too bad about the caddies, that was the first time I ever used one, and it did make it that much more memorable. I took a lot of photos, unfortunately I was the only one, so I'm not in many of them. I asked my partners to take a few with my phone, and most came out like they had never taken a picture before. :dohanim:

Playing Pebble Beach 8/6 for the first time...anyone here play before?

Have played Spanish Bay but I am reserving PB down the line. Probably for my40th in 5 yrs. Go all out and play em all

Out here at Old Greenwood for a practice round. 235 to reach the green, you're damn right I hit it in the water.

That’s cheating.. 😂😂

Fast. Barracuda Championship here in a few weeks

I kinda forgot when that was happening so soon. I will have to get up the hill and go play it. It would be cool to play a course with a pga set up.

Watching American Century Championship on Golf Channel this evening. Great memories of the Edgewood round in '19.

I can’t wait for this trip! Summer essentially started 4 months ago and I need a break from the kids.

In!

now that I think about it.. not sure the band will be the same 2020 🤬

There will be some newbies.. hopefully we can live up..

In!

now that I think about it.. not sure the band will be the same 2020 🤬
It won’t & I’ll be honest I’m not 100% sure about me yet with everything going on. But I’ve not given up & have every intention on making the flight & getting there.

Looks like a beautiful course.
Good luck to all .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It won’t & I’ll be honest I’m not 100% sure about me yet with everything going on. But I’ve not given up & have every intention on making the flight & getting there.

Well you and Romo seem to be in sync.

Both back to back winners in 2018/2019 In Tahoe....

And then Romo WDs this year...

Have played Spanish Bay but I am reserving PB down the line. Probably for my40th in 5 yrs. Go all out and play em all
Playing Spanish Bay 7/25!

Back