LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Not a day goes by that this experience doesn’t cross my mind. I have daily chats with teammates and they keep me laughing and smiling. For whatever reason a pic got sent in our chat and @HarryPotter took full advantage to make me laugh again. Was hilarious when I opened it. The relationships built from this event can last a lifetime if you put it in the work to maintain them.
View attachment 8951085
View attachment 8951086
Shut it down. Shut the whole forum down for the rest of the day. We have reached @Snickerdog inception. Did you at least get a matching one for @Luke WilliamsCG ?

Played with a guy today who was admiring my bag and asked about the Epic Forged irons. It is always fun telling the story of The Grandaddy.
This is the typical reaction:

Played with a guy today who was admiring my bag and asked about the Epic Forged irons. It is always fun telling the story of The Grandaddy.
This is the typical reaction:

"Wait a minute. So, all you had to do was enter a contest?"

"No one ever wins those kind of contests."

"What website was that again???"

Those are my favorite reactions :)

I love having to explain the G on my bag. People automatically think it’s for my last name, but once I explain they can’t believe it. Brings back a ton of great memories from both my trips.

“You got all that and a trip for just a $35 donation???“

It’s been one year since I got the PM, and I wasn’t on that morning as it was super busy at work. I remember @2BFAST calling me and all I hear was “dude you’re going to the Grandaddy!!” I had to go back into the office and log in quick and I saw all of these PM’s.
After trying to calm down which wasn’t easy I kinda started to realize the dream had come true and I was going to have the greatest golf experience that I had ever had. It’s been a wonderful year since then with some fond memories. Just a few highlights, my wife congratulating me with a really big cookie:
87F37DC9-173D-4B2E-ACDF-BF3236DBE868.jpeg
To getting to learn about and bonding with teammates
D10770C4-EB8E-465B-B3D6-99F95E894E1F.jpeg
Getting to play some great golf with @JasonFinleyCG and @jeffneubarth and @JMB3
9EB7BF32-176F-4765-B356-143F2CBD7EC1.jpeg
Of course after that match Jason and Jeff had to drop the digs.
View attachment trim.678BD3FE-D592-4AAE-95FE-6389ADF20B74.MOV

It’s been one year since I got the PM, and I wasn’t on that morning as it was super busy at work. I remember @2BFAST calling me and all I hear was “dude you’re going to the Grandaddy!!” I had to go back into the office and log in quick and I saw all of these PM’s.
After trying to calm down which wasn’t easy I kinda started to realize the dream had come true and I was going to have the greatest golf experience that I had ever had. It’s been a wonderful year since then with some fond memories. Just a few highlights, my wife congratulating me with a really big cookie:
View attachment 8952566
To getting to learn about and bonding with teammates
View attachment 8952567
Getting to play some great golf with @JasonFinleyCG and @jeffneubarth and @JMB3
View attachment 8952568
Of course after that match Jason and Jeff had to drop the digs.
View attachment 8952570

Bet you had an entire gallon of milk with that cookie ;)

A little bit more of the memories. Watching @Luke WilliamsCG consume large amounts of alcohol and still tear up the course, like he is squeaky clean
09E9ACB6-72F4-4D79-A867-DAFC0F86BC27.jpeg
standing on the last hole we played with @clarkgriswold and urging him to go for the green to try to win his match. That was a fun convo
F56F9A7C-606F-4BDF-A8BA-84EC681A8D5D.jpeg
In the end though it wasn’t about the golf but about the overall experience from start to finish. Meeting everyone, touring Callaway, the dinners the drinks and stories shared.
Thankyou THP and Callaway and my teammates for making it such a great year and a lifetime of memories.

Bet you had an entire gallon of milk with that cookie ;)
He probably had to break out the good stuff and drank a carton of whole milk.

Glad you bumped this thread, @Snickerdog. It’s truly amazing how this event brought a group of strangers together. I can’t imagine going through 2020 without talking to my boys daily. We all come from different backgrounds and have different perspectives, but we treat each other with nothing but love and respect. The Grandaddy is more than an event; it is a life-changing experience.

See you in August, brother!

Glad you bumped this thread, @Snickerdog. It’s truly amazing how this event brought a group of strangers together. I can’t imagine going through 2020 without talking to my boys daily. We all come from different backgrounds and have different perspectives, but we treat each other with nothing but love and respect. The Grandaddy is more than an event; it is a life-changing experience.

See you in August, brother!
Looking forward to it. Hopefully @radiman will make it down too.

Did he go for it?
I will let him tell it, but it was definitely a good convo. That is an intimidating hole with where the flag was that day, but @clarkgriswold made an amazing comeback to even get to that point and I was super proud of him.

Based on ball marker i got from @radiman that's a 229 yard par 3....yikes! Not sure what it was playing that day, but either way that distance over water...😢

Based on ball marker i got from @radiman that's a 229 yard par 3....yikes! Not sure what it was playing that day, but either way that distance over water...😢
It's an intimidating shot no doubt. Our matches were over and we were in a hurry to get Ian back so he could get home. I'm fairly certain all of us hit it in the water on this one. Does that sound about right @JMB3 ?

If I remember right it was in the 180 range that day, but yes still intimidating. I was right side in the bunker.
If @clarkgriswold doesn't show up soon I'll tell the story.

If I remember right it was in the 180 range that day, but yes still intimidating. I was right side in the bunker.
If @clarkgriswold doesn't show up soon I'll tell the story.
Come on sparky, get in here and give the people what they want!

It's an intimidating shot no doubt. Our matches were over and we were in a hurry to get Ian back so he could get home. I'm fairly certain all of us hit it in the water on this one. Does that sound about right @JMB3 ?

Despite getting smoked in my match, you three were wet. I hit a heely hybrid that rolled into the green side trap. ;)

A little bit more of the memories. Watching @Luke WilliamsCG consume large amounts of alcohol and still tear up the course, like he is squeaky clean
View attachment 8952571
standing on the last hole we played with @clarkgriswold and urging him to go for the green to try to win his match. That was a fun convo
View attachment 8952572
In the end though it wasn’t about the golf but about the overall experience from start to finish. Meeting everyone, touring Callaway, the dinners the drinks and stories shared.
Thankyou THP and Callaway and my teammates for making it such a great year and a lifetime of memories.
Technically it was to tie the match, and I laid up.......into a bush. I don’t think Matt went for it either but I ended up skulling my chip into the water anyway, so it was over. I still replay that hole in my head, I should have went for it, as it suited my fade. But I was already 0/3 on par 3s so I didn’t want to send one into the water. I’m surprised @Snickerdog didn’t give a detailed account including wind speed and temperature. I think he still remembers every shot of both of our rounds, meanwhile I only remember the first and the last. Both of which ended up in the water.

Technically it was to tie the match, and I laid up.......into a bush. I don’t think Matt went for it either but I ended up skulling my chip into the water anyway, so it was over. I still replay that hole in my head, I should have went for it, as it suited my fade. But I was already 0/3 on par 3s so I didn’t want to send one into the water. I’m surprised @Snickerdog didn’t give a detailed account including wind speed and temperature. I think he still remembers every shot of both of our rounds, meanwhile I only remember the first and the last. Both of which ended up in the water.

I’m glad Snicks is focused on you and not the 3 foot net birdie putt I missed on 7 to bring us within one of Darth Finley and Neubarth... 🤣

Despite getting smoked in my match, you three were wet. I hit a heely hybrid that rolled into the green side trap. ;)

I think we all went in the water, including Finley and Lihua, the Hideaway club pro.

Back