Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

It does look so much better at address than most of the other max forgiveness ones. Not even close.

no doubt the standard looks and feels better, but the max isn't the firmer feeling tin can BANG sounding driver that so many maximum forgiveness drivers tend to be.

Step one

Attachments

• 20200709_080304.jpg
    20200709_080304.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 44
I spent a little time hitting the Mav Max against another company's driver they advertise as maximum forgiveness. For me and my needs (higher launch and higher spin), the Mav Max is a billion times better. It's higher launching, it's straighter, it sounds/feels better, and it looks a ton better at address. Callaway has a serious winner on their hands with the Mav Max for someone like I am. It's definitely the best Callaway driver I've ever hit (for me).
It's the best driver I've ever hit, period. Never had this combination of distance and forgiveness before, not even close. The fact that it looks and sounds great are icing on the cake.

I spent a little time hitting the Mav Max against another company's driver they advertise as maximum forgiveness. For me and my needs (higher launch and higher spin), the Mav Max is a billion times better. It's higher launching, it's straighter, it sounds/feels better, and it looks a ton better at address. Callaway has a serious winner on their hands with the Mav Max for someone like I am. It's definitely the best Callaway driver I've ever hit (for me).

I still want to track down a standard 9* head to test, but I am not sure how much more better it can be for me than the Max is right now.

Ok. Really brief. I threw my back out Sunday and am still on the mend. Triple Diamond went right into play for our practice round. Vs the standard, I can already tell that the flight is flatter. There's a lot less draw bias. And visually it appears to spin less.

My back held up.well for the first 7 holes. I would say I was 10-15 yards longer than normal. Since it's touted as a fade biased head I was a little worried that I was going to be losing balls right all day. But, I was hitting some tight draws and a few fades when necessary. I like the flatter look.

Very impressed on the maiden voyage. Not ready to anoint it the starter. But, it's taken a commanding lead. I mean, who doesn't want 15 extra yards? I knew that if it misbehaved, I'd put the standard in for the official tournament. There will be an official shootout eventually.

And, this was a less than 100% day for my back. My disc is barking at me and I'm just hoping I'm in a little better shape tomorrow.

Another good day with the Standard. Think I missed 2 fairways on the day and both of those were very playable just in the rough a bit. Continue to see very good distance. Love this driver.

Just wondering what is the default position of the 14g weight on the Mavrik SZ.

After hitting my brother's Sub Zero again last weekend it's been sticking in my mind. The shaft was too stiff for me but I still hit it pretty well. I like the look of that model more than the regular Mavrik and that sound/feel is so addicting. I think it might be time to keep my eyes open for a deal.

I'll be heading out this coming Monday for 18. My Mavrik SZ will be in the bag. I'm really looking forward to giving club a workout, especially with the shaft I just put on it. ;)

I took the standard MAVRIK out for a demo round yesterday. FULL ponder mode. Two days left for 50% trade in bonus...

I took the standard MAVRIK out for a demo round yesterday. FULL ponder mode. Two days left for 50% trade in bonus...
How did it perform yesterday? What's your current driver? And, that trade in bonus really makes it hard to say no. :)

Triple Diamond made one hell of an argument for itself today. My game has been sub standard. Heading into this tournament after throwing my back out on the 5th and I wasn't expecting much.

I wouldn't say it's fade biased necessarily. But, I'm enjoying the fact that it's not nearly as draw biased as the standard. Still seeing the 10-15 yards extra off the tee. We played in the first and hardest flight and my driver was an absolute asset today.

Same sweet Mavrik feel. But, I swear that straighter top line helps my alignment. A little extra junk in the trunk vs the regular SZ. Really makes for a confident tee shot.

@radiman when you say ‘extra junk in the trunk’ how much are you talking? Can you post any pics comparing the 2?

@radiman when you say ‘extra junk in the trunk’ how much are you talking? Can you post any pics comparing the 2?
I meant vs the regular sz. I don't have one to compare it to directly. But, this is vs the standard head.

Standard:

20200708_173807.jpg

Triple Diamond:

20200708_173710.jpg

Seems to be a little larger footprint front to back than the standard SZ.

Thanks for the pics, for some reason I was expecting it to be similar size and shape to the SZ

I ♥️ the standard MAVRIK. Just played my 2nd demo round with it and can't see how I won't buy it.

Sorry for skimming on this but for you guys playing the Sub Zero, is it draw biased like the regular version?

I hit one off the toe today that as soon as I felt it I knew it wasn't a good strike. Followed by the other two guys in my group saying "Nice shot!" as it turned into a baby draw and landed left center of the fairway at around 220 yards. There's no way it should have done that, this club is almost like a cheat code.

Triple just a little bigger face? Little more spin do you think then standard SZ.
Bigger face to my eye than the standard head.

20200708_173732.jpg
20200708_173700.jpg

It is supposed to spin more than the standard SZ and less than the standard. But, I suppose everyone could have different experiences. It visually seems to be spinning less than my standard Mav head just by looking at the ball flight. But, I cannot say for sure.

Debating on trading in some old clubs through Callaway and jumping in on this one. So much good stuff to read through from you all. Need to find some time to go hit it now.

Back