12 years ago today this happened

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Phelps had to have gold here to win 8 gold medals in one Olympics. He was a favorite to win in 7. Murica!

Phelps the GOAT but man I forgot it wasn't Phelps himself with the finish there. Lezek elevating Phelps status with those final strokes

Team effort there. That 4X100 could have ended so much differently with just one less bit of effort.

I remember my wife and I watching that event. It was freaking crazy.

Wow, it doesn't seem like this was 10 years ago. I remember being in the bar at the time, they put this up on the screen, and the whole bar stopped to watch, and just changed "USA, USA, USA", the entire race. Then it exploded at the finish. It was so cool, and feels like yesterday.

That relay was nuts. Between Lezak’s final 50m and Phelps’s extra stroke in the 100 fly, the whole competition was full of great finishes in the pool.

He is the GOAT.

Still gives me goosebumps watching that, can't imagine the rush they felt.. what a comeback!

Damn....doesn't seem like that long ago.

Such a great TEAM in that event. But Phelps is amazing.

I was living in Baltimore during that Olympic run. You could hear people screaming in houses along the street when they won that gold. A week later I went to a preseason Ravens game during the 8th and final race. After the game they let the fans stay and aired the race on the Jumbotron. Was a fun experience to be a part of!

I love the Olympics and I remember that pretty vividly. I can't believe that was 12 years ago

Sorry, Tosh is funny:
quote-i-don-t-know-what-s-more-embarrassing-in-this-country-that-michael-phelps-fell-from-daniel-tosh-87-64-15.jpg

Fantastic sports moment right there.

I thought Parrot was going to post a HIO throwback here lol

Man he was definitely fun to watch. Dominated his sport.

Back