What is the hardest course you have walked?

The Dye course at French Lick Resort and its not even close. I wasn't playing either. I went to watch a couple rounds of the Senior PGA tournament.
It a beautiful course tho and well worth the trip.

Valhalla here in Louisville isn't an easy walk either.

If I didn't have a caddie it would be Whistling Straits so I'll go with Ko'olau in Hawaii. Hilly and hot and humid when I walked it.

Augusta National and I wasn't playing! I now have a great respect for the caddies carrying a 'tour' bag fully loaded for four or more days there!!!

Hey @ddec Bethpage Black when it was 1000 degrees

I second Chambers Bay. Was even a tough walk as a spectator at the US Open.

Crowsnest pass Golf course.

you have to be part Mountain goat to walk that. Long uphill walks to some tee boxes and it was a hot day. Great course that needs to be enjoyed in a cart.

I'm in the Interior of British Columbia. A lot of our courses are mandatory power cart. Thank god.
We don't have hilly courses, ours are called mountain courses.

Pikewood National Golf Club

This course is literally built on top of a mountain. No carts. Almost 7000 yard for the middle tees. Played with a caddie and I felt like I carried the bag after we were done. They are kind enough to have a cart waiting to take you back to the clubhouse after 18

The first course that comes to mind is Bandon Trails.

I had planned to play Chambers Bay, but when I found out it was a 2 mile vertical hike throughout the course, that ended that idea. I would need a Sherpa to carry my clubs and bearers to carry me.

Hell's Point Golf Course in Virginia Beach in August. (hot & humid)

I don't know what I was thinking.

The walk between some of the greens & tees are as long as a the par 4's and anyone who's ever played there can attest.

The one where I was incredibly hungover for a 7am tee time and packed the wrong shoes.

We've got several mountain courses out here that have big elevation changes but otherwise are walkable. One in addition to having a lot of ups and downs has a three hole stretch of par 4s that are all up a mountain. The payoff is the view once you finish them. The next tee you can see for 30 miles on a clear day.

But probably the hardest to walk is a course called Los Lagos. The elevation changes are manageable. The real challenge is the four trips across the river. None of them are short walks, so you end up trotting the 1/4 to 1/2 mile between holes so as not to slow up play too much. For that reason, very few people walk this course, even though it's allowed.

When I was 16 I walked a course in norther Arkansas. It was a beat down. Hills all over the place. No way I could walk it today. Probably couldn’t even walk 9 at that course LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC Boston

Almost an 8 mile walk with distance between green to tee.

San Juan Oaks in the height of summer. It’s a Freddie Couples design on the edge of the Hollister hills in California. My father in law always walks, so I walked with him. Come the 14th, I thought I was going to die!!!

Bethpage Black. Walked and carried my own bag every time I have played it.
Same here. Tough, tough course. Hard to play. Lots of walking. Got my money's worth and had shots all over! Had par the first hole but didn't sniff another rest of the round!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven’t played many tough walking courses...however the one that comes to my mind is Bethpage Black...it’s just long!!!

Back