Would You Rather Never Miss Another Fairway, or Never Three Putt Again

Would You Rather Never Miss Another Fairway, or Never Three Putt Again

• Never Miss Another Fairway

Votes: 62 52.5%
  • Never Three Putt Again

Votes: 56 47.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as they are still 280+ fairway all day. I average less than 1 3 jack a round anyways.

I would like to clarify... Does no 3-putts also eliminate 4-putts?
For the purpose of the poll, it eliminates anything more than 2 putts.

Three putts are the freaking worst but if I never missed a fairway, I'd be hard pressed to score poorly. I've one putted for bogey too many times because I missed the fairway. Could I still three putt those and get a triple? Of course but it still would have started because I missed the fairway. Give me fairway all day every day!

Without even trying I can recall more tragic 3 putt scars than I can count. Painful woulda, coulda, shoulda, PBs. Blown matches. Opening my wallet when I should've easily won. Extremely easy choice for me. Crucial 3 putts or rounds with a bunch of them serve up a dose of hurt that never goes away.

Keeping everything else in my game the same I picked “never missing a fairway”. That would give me the biggest overall improvement since putting is the best part of my game. Well I guess it WAS haha!

Not missing a fairway would give me a better opportunity to be close to the pin. Make it tougher to 3 putt.

Today alone, missed fairways cost me at least 3 and possibly more strokes. I three putted just once. At a couple of the courses I play, the deep rough and hazards when fairways are missed are very costly. I’ll take my usual number of three putts for not missing a fairway anytime. How do I sign up for this??

This is hard because my current biggest problem between playing a good round or a poor one (shooting sub 90 or shooting close to 100) is mostly based on fighting a constant and costly pull hook vs hitting well off the tee. When i do the later is when Im sub 90.

yet that being said,....if i wasnt so penal so often id vote to never 3-putt.

I dont 3 putt all that often except when I play better else where. When more pars (or some birds) are on the table is when I tend to miss more putts. Mental pressure I guess.

I went with the fairways. I figure I can more easily control my putter. I hear what you guys are saying about being able to scramble from off the fairway, but I'm thinking that if I never missed a fairway, I wouldn't have to worry about water hazards or OB so that would be far more beneficial than worrying about 3 putting.

That being said, I don't want either. I enjoy the game because it's difficult. If it were easy, I'd likely quit.

It's gotta be no more three putts. Heck I would probably gain at 5 strokes just by eliminating the 3 putts. :D

Easy answer: no more 3 puts

I generally get myself out of errant tee shot fairly well. So I’m with no three putts

Never miss another fairway.

The challenge never ends even after hitting a fairway. Could be short, could be long, wrong side of the fairway etc.

Sure never three putting would be cool but if that were the case I would just pick my ball up once I am on the green because I am not draining 30 ft putts.

C. Both

I voted never miss another fairway because I miss them many, many more times than I three putt. Plus, hitting from the short grass should equate to a closer proximity to the hole more often than hitting out of the rough or worse.

Goodbye 3 jacks

Fairways by a hair. Definitely a difficult decision but looking back, my best rounds are those in which I’ve hit more fairways than not.

Easy. No mo tree...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

never miss another fairway. That would always give me the best chance to score and I can work on avoiding 3 putts better than I can missing a fairway imo.

Never miss a fairway for me.

Not worrying about three putting from 90+ feet would make the game boring.

Being in the fairway would make it more fun, while still allowing me to royally screw up.

From the fairway , i can dial it in to be close to the flag, more birdie chances , no 3 putts anyway

I rarely miss fairways but three putt fairly often, so absolutely no more three putts gets my vote.

Finding fairway is more valuable to me right now... ball in the woods off the tee is super demoralizing.

Off the tee is my strength but the 25-30% of fairways I miss cause many more bogies than my occasional 3 putt. If the choice was not 3 putts but never miss another putt inside of 5 feet that would be the easy choice.

Back