Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

Cleveland putters may well be the best value in golf.

Very nice write up. I think I will be adding one of the Premier 11s to my slowly growing collection. Wonder how the grip is in comparison to the Frontline? The Frontline grip is my favorite grip on any putter that I have.

Great write up! I’ve wanted to try a milled face putter for a while and one of these could very well be the door to them!
The Huntington Beach line is always underrated and often overlooked. They are great putters and for the price I challenge anyone to come up with a better option.
This quality at this price is tough to beat and it is overlooked way too often, indeed. I’ve outfitted my buddy and family with them for for a reason.

I have both the slant neck Frontline Elevado and the HB 11s. These putters are so underated. This is a great article that will cost me money as I'm going to have to add the premiere 11s to my collection!!

exactly this. i've been putting well with my frontline elevado slantneck, but a milled face putter has been tempign like the toulon atlanta or scotty fastback 1.5. the Premier 11s has caught my eye. wish the 10.5 shape was toe hang as well as it's similar to the atlanta and fastback i was eye'ing. premiere 11s may be in my future!

Man, this is a great looking lineup. I've not tried a Cleveland putter as they're tough to come by around here (like a lot of things). But, if I see one in the shop I'll definitely be giving it a try to see how it stacks up against the Titans of the putter market.

I wish you could get the Skinny Pistol on the 10.5 or 11. I like that shape better than the oversized grip; similar to the Sink that came on the original 2135 6.5, which is also face-balanced.

Nice write-up, @Molten, enjoyed the read. The face milling technology is interesting and those are some great looking putters. Cleveland definitely delivers the value in their putter line, and these are no exception.

really digging that 10.5 shape

i could see these eating into the frontline sales...

i could see these eating into the frontline sales...

I have a frontline elevado and was thinking the same. Frontline is still more expensive with the insert, and I thought face milled was more premium. Guess the extra cost is The work they did to shiftweight forward?

Please excuse my newbie ignorance!

It’s time to raise the curtain on Cleveland Golf’s new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier putters and its expansion of the successful Huntington Beach SOFT line. Cleveland Golf has consistently proven that you can make high-quality milled putters with absolute attention to detail and face technology at a really competitive price point. If you haven’t been paying attention to Cleveland putters, it may be time you perked up because you may just be surprised with what you learn.

Milling technology is the big story with both lines, as the new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier and the Huntington Beach SOFT putters are built on the same underlying technology, SOFT. SOFT, or Speed Optimized Face Technology, is face milling technology that is designed to help golfers with one of the biggest problems plaguing amateurs: speed and distance control.

Continue reading...

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if it’s already been asked/answered, but is there any difference in the new HB Soft and the “Premier” version other than the color/finish (silver vs. grey satin)? Didn’t know if any of the tech was different between the two.

we are thinking the same...

I imagine it’s too soon to know but curious how the Frontline and Premier compares. Is going to Premier from Frontline a “downgrade” (based on price), or just like anything else with putters, comes down to preference.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if it’s already been asked/answered, but is there any difference in the new HB Soft and the “Premier” version other than the color/finish (silver vs. grey satin)? Didn’t know if any of the tech was different between the two.
The face tech is the same but the grips are different. I love the SINKFIT, so I’m partial to the Premier but if you are changing the grip anyway, it won’t matter as much.

really digging that 10.5 shape
The 10.5 is my favorite also, nice looking putter. (y)

From reading the article, it looks like the tech is the same but they come with different grips.

Love the variety and always excited by the price points that Cleveland continues to hit with these. Kudos to their team.

The Soft Premier made its way into the THP Live Stream last night.

Just ordered the HB Soft 10.5C in 35” with the “Cleveland Pistol Blue” midsize grip. Already looking forward to it getting here!

Is the premier line black like the Frontline putter ? Or is it sort of a gunmetal satin type finish ?

Thanks for the write up regarding these putters. I currently game an Elevado and couldn’t be any happier with it. Cleveland is producing excellent putters at a very affordable price. I would highly recommend a Cleveland putter to anyone who is looking at putters.

Is the premier line black like the Frontline putter ? Or is it sort of a gunmetal satin type finish ?

From @Molten article on the home page.

“Each putter in the Premier line features a Grey Satin finish that limits glare and adds a quality finish and high-end look.”

I have last years Huntington Beach Soft 11 in my collection. I bought it at 34" but use a 33" so I have not had it cut down yet. The oversize grip is very comfortable.

These are now available.

Back