CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Read this whole post before entering

The final Grandmama contest kicks off today as we round out the foursome that will head to CA for a trip to remember forever. Three spots have been filled and only one more reamins, and today you can enter to become one of the lucky participants.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What’s Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf with members of the team there
And so much more

This will take place in early December

1.jpg

At the Grandaddy each year, 12 lucky THPers experience something special, but it comes with a job of reviewing their equipment to the masses through the THP Forum once it is released. This year, there are only 4 THPers for the Grandmama, but they will be doing the job of 12, so we are looking for members who are truly committed to the whole process before, during and after the event. The person that loves to talk about this game, the equipment and share their honest assessment of everything they learn through content and reviews.

Qualifying
You must be a 2020 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. All of the details and benefits are here.

The Contest
Callaway has a full lineup of irons including those pictured above, some not pictured and even future releases. If you were to pick your favorite Callaway iron (current or ever), what would it be and why?

How to Enter
Give us 50 words or less on your favorite Callaway irons and why? If you have played them, consider this a mini review. If you haven’t yet, that is okay, tell us why you think it is the perfect fit for your game.

Good luck everybody. This final Grandmama contest will remain open for about a week.

Here we go, last Grandmama contest!! Goodluck everyone!

Good luck everyone!

Oh yea! Sneak attack Grandmama contest for the final participant!

My favorite irons (nevermind the brand) are Apex CF19 irons. Traditional, confidence inspiring look at address, superb feel, easy to launch and more forgiving than their size would suggest. Low face forgiveness particularly is a plus. I should have stolen them from @Mclovin’s bag when I had the chance.

OHHHH SNAP! It's happening! We are getting out last teammate! Good luck everyone! I can't wait to read all of these!

Good luck THPers! An amazing opportunity to meet and learn from some truly truly amazing people from golf's best OEM!

Someone has to pick the X-Tour irons. Callaway's first forged iron that I can recall. My first set of Callaway irons too! I feel like that is when Callaway rounded out their lineup and had something for everyone. I always admired the brand. But, now they were all encompassing.

easy one for me, my favorite Callaway irons are my current Steehead XR Irons. They are a perfect set of irons. I get it all with them: great distance, height and good spin around the green. Tough iron to beat imo.

TBH I've never really looked at the Callaway irons much. I think my favorite would have to be the Epic Forged though. I love the look of the iron with silver and black. I really think it pops. The profile, look, and technology seems like it would be a good fit for my game.

Apex pro 16 irons. I've never owned them, but had the chance to use them occasionally. I would often ask my friend to hit his on shots because I liked them so much. They are the softest feeling, longest irons I have ever hit. I love everything about them.

My favorite Callaway Irons of all time were the 2014 X2 Hot Irons. They had it all - looked great, felt great, consistent and I wish I still had them. I love the current Big Bertha line as well - would love to have more Callaway in the bag. (y):)

Good luck guys!

I would have to go with the 19 Big Berthas...sleek looks with a profile for a new player like me. I would love to see how these play in my hands.

Yes! This is what it’s all about!

I would be curious on what I was fit into and those would be my favorite irons as it would be my first fitting for clubs that are tailored to me...

If i were evaluating the clubs that I would play without the said fitting.... I am leaning Apex they seem to be little offset and beauties right out the box.

However, if I could choose any clubs right now I would stick by the recommendation of the virtual fitting ( great process during COVID) that would put me in the Callaway X Forged. This would create the nice feeling of a forged head coupled with technology and design that allows for increased forgiveness for a mid handicap like me. I would be able to spin the irons with the advancement in grooves for this line.

1598538669337.png

:eek: :eek::eek:

Good luck everyone! Time to fill that last slot.

Yes, here we go!

My 19 Apex Pros are the perfect iron. Good looks, feel, and with amazing forgiveness. There simply isn't a better iron that I have hit in the past 10 years that covers all my needs as an #internetgolfer and allows me to play my best, even at my worst.

not an entry (but I kinda want it to be an entry lol) i'd say apex pro 19. the perfect blend between classic lines and modern badging. microspheres and forging combine to be the softest and purest I can ever recall hitting. they're no slouch in distance, either, with forgiveness and workability to boot. I've had them in my cart more times than I can count!

Love at first swing a hackers story.

I don't own them *yet* but prior to the Virus,I got to sample Maverick pro 7 Iron.
At times when you hit a new club for the very first time and swing is off or just don't make good contact.
Not with this iron had perfect trajectory and improved distances from the first swing and then some.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

being a golf newbie, I have never hit a callaway iron (just shameful...) SO it is easy for me to say that my next (and first) callaway iron i hit will be my favorite. My best guess are the Apex 19 Blacks. Silky smooth with distance and workability. Yes please.

Is my game good enough for Apex Pro irons ... doubtful. So ego aside, I'd go with the Mavrik Pro irons with all the benefits that AI gives me in a clubhead .... flashface design, more ball speed & distance. These would finally complete my game & give me my confidence back.

Back