Who would be the worst PGA player to caddie for?

Shocking he would be the one you picked. LOL.

Haha. I actually like him from a distance, just would drive me crazy to be with him on the golf course for 8 or so straight hours.

Spieth because he never stops running his mouth. The golf course is where I go for some peace and quiet.
I think it would be pretty entertaining listening to him talk to his golf ball the whole round. Sure you might have to take some psychology classes to be qualified to caddie for him but it would be worth it 🤣.

Smylie Kaufman. Would never earn a paycheck :/

The bad boys have been named on the pga......but I can think of a couple lpga players I wouldn’t caddy for. Not because of the players themselves but because of their parents that are way too involved. It would be like having three bosses, two of which don’t golf

Tiger is easy. No need for a relationship big salary, just show up and do your job.
It seems to me if you're on Tigers good side he's going to treat you extremely well.
The bad boys have been named on the pga......but I can think of a couple lpga players I wouldn’t caddy for. Not because of the players themselves but because of their parents that are way too involved. It would be like having three bosses, two of which don’t golf
That's a great point! That would be brutal to have to deal with.

I think it would be pretty entertaining listening to him talk to his golf ball the whole round. Sure you might have to take some psychology classes to be qualified to caddie for him but it would be worth it 🤣.
If I caddied for Spieth I'd take some CBD gum and just start feeding it to him on the range hahaha

Dude is wound so freaking tight when he gets out there.

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
If I caddied for Spieth I'd take some CBD gum and just start feeding it to him on the range hahaha

Dude is wound so freaking tight when he gets out there.
Maybe sing this to him before each round.

Maybe sing this to him before each round.

I bet he sleeps great after the mental gymnastics drain him all day on course haha

He just needs to get out of his own damn way half the time.

Reactions: KEV
...Miguel Angel Jimenez spent more than an hour with them on the practise area as did Henrik Stenson and Lee Westwood. Genuine good guys.
On the flip side of this thread, Miguel Ángel and Henrik would both probably be a blast to caddy for.

The paychecks would be nice but it seems like you'd have to put up with a lot around him.

I've put up with a lot of shady antics from many supervisors and managers while not making crazy money. That being said, I'd agree he'd be a tough gig. It'd be difficult to work for someone you loathed if you had a good option to refuse. Other than him, I'd say whoever made the least money would be the hardest to work for. I mean, someone's gotta bring home some money or it just ain't worth it.

Where does Matt Kuchar fit on the list? “Hey, here’s $10. Merry Christmas to you and your family.”

Yeah, Bubba immediately comes to mind, but hasn't he calmed down a lot over the last couple years?
I don’t know. Bubba isn’t on the telecasts as frequently as he used to be. I know anytime I do see him he’s whining about a missed putt, or shaking his head in disdain about a missed putt, or gesturing wildly with his hands about a missed putt. I am not on twitter so I don’t know how frequently #PrayForTedScott is used anymore. He just seems like such a whiny baby when he plays and it makes him soooooo unlikable.

The worst guy to caddy for is someone who never makes the cut...so, like Smiley Kaufman I guess.

Please excuse the sidetrack and my ignorance here but, do regular caddies, caddy for their guy during non tournament practice rounds wherever they go? How does that work?

No doubt in my mind.... Jordan Speith.
I just couldn't put up with his whining and crying about how the ball didn't go where it was supposed to when he hit it perfectly every time.

in no particular order:

Rahm, Dechambeau, Cantlay, Rahm, Sergio, Bryson and last but not least Rahm

Actually I really like him! When the open was at Troon a few years ago, he rented a house from a friend of mine and he came across as a very, very nice fella. Pretty sure Fowler was in it as well. Left the house like a frat party had romped through it, but really pleasant and paid the guy well. Left him loads of attire too.
He may be a great guy, I just don't think I could put up with his constant whining about every shot HE hits.

At least we know he'll be fine when his boat sinks or plane crashes and he winds up on a deserted island

UnkemptDearestGecko-size_restricted.gif

I’m like that with Justin Rose. Every time he opens his mouth he just sounds like a boring t*t in a blazer from the 1980’s propping up the bar in the clubhouse. Exactly the type who puts you off golf.

I’d be on tablets if I had to spend any serious time with him.

Yea he does seem a little posh doesn't he? I did see him in a video with some little kid where Beef was driving with him and Kaymer, and they picked Rose up with the Claret Jug, and he was really cool to the boy, so I don't know if he is just a true Brit on camera, or if he is really like he was in the video with the kid.

Patrick Reed...

Bryson and it isn't even close. Set up before his practice would take you an hour. Trackman, quad, stickering up clubs, getting out the spray bottle in case there might be rain that week. Calculating wind direction exactly etc etc etc.

Then on the course, just the time it takes to play, then adding in that you are going to have to give him yardages down to the inch.. plus having to call a rules official 3 times a round and then pretend to sell whatever BS he is trying to pull off...

Sorry, I would rather have bubba literally in tears than deal with all that nonsense.

Back