Is there any golf related clothing you are willing to pay a premium for?

What type of golf apparel are you willing to spend a premium for? Choose up to 3

• Shirts / Polos

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Shorts / Pants

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Hats / Gloves / Socks / Accessories

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Shoes

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Sweaters / 1/4 Zips

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Jackets / Rain Gear

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
If high price tags and designer brands guaranteed better quality than inexpensive items, I might pay up. Clothing has the highest markups of nearly anything you can buy. Name brand polo shirts and pants aren’t 3 to 6 times better quality than the prices would suggest.
guess thats pretty subjective. id argue in many many many cases they are.

Sorry, none of the above. Premium prices doesn't always relate to higher quality.

Pretty sure premium prices will not guarantee lower golf scores either.
lol....was anything having to do with scores even mentioned? no.

And i would agree it doesnt always mean "higher quality". but id argue that less expensive or cheaper items rarely if ever provide for higher quality unless its a severe markdown from a premium brand to begin with.

people shouldnt be so touchy about this subject. I couldnt care less what people spend as long as they like it for them. for me? Ive bought all over the map in terms of price. With that, theres a massive gap in quality from one end to the other in my personal experience.

I would say I'm willing to spend more on Shoes and Sweaters / 1/4/ Zips. But I still think those may be a little overpriced for the higher brand companies. Do I buy them? Yes, but not as often as I would if the prices were a little more palatable.

True Linkswear shoes (even though they’re no more expensive than most), because they’re comfortable and well made.

I also voted polos and pants/shorts because I buy all mine from American Tall, which are a bit pricey. I’m 6’6” and slim, and most “regular” brands don’t fit me well. AT has great sizing for taller people and are cut to fit nicely.

Pretty much rain gear and shoes are all I would pay premium for.

A premium? Ummm none. Never fails that all this stuff ends up on clearance a few months after purchasing. So with that in mind I’m a bargain shopper and tend to buy things out of season for a better deal.

A premium? Ummm none. Never fails that all this stuff ends up on clearance a few months after purchasing. So with that in mind I’m a bargain shopper and tend to buy things out of season for a better deal.
Buying last year’s line on close out is a great way to save a lot of dough on apparel. I’m not trying to impress anybody with my fashion choices, so I have no objections to wearing the previous year’s stuff.

Buying last year’s line on close out is a great way to save a lot of dough on apparel. I’m not trying to impress anybody with my fashion choices, so I have no objections to wearing the previous year’s stuff.
I honestly wouldn’t know the difference.

I honestly wouldn’t know the difference.
it also has nothing to do with it being this years fashion. If you buy the same higher end brands next year on the rack, theyll still be more expensive than last years less expensive brands on the same rack. lol. That being said, im a bargain shopper when i find it for sure. I just prefer certain brands over others.

Uhhh I'll spend on all of the above.

long pants with the hole cut in both side pockets -- which plays a big part in me finding errant shots even though the ball appeared to be certainly gone....

I put shorts and 1/4 zips. I definitely have a nice collection of Wazzu 1/4 zips. And most of my shorts are William Murray shorts I get on sale.

I didn't put shirts although I pretty much have a full closet of TM after the recent sale.

Shoes and outerwear. Even when I was young and poor I was always willing to spend the extra $ for shoes and outerwear. It likely comes from growing up in a cold climate and learning early on that good footwear and outerwear matter. The custom liners and footbeds in my ski boots totaled $650 plus another $700 for the boots so the golf stuff seems cheap in comparison!

Same as most, shoes and rain gear.

Shoes and outerwear. Even when I was young and poor I was always willing to spend the extra $ for shoes and outerwear. It likely comes from growing up in a cold climate and learning early on that good footwear and outerwear matter. The custom liners and footbeds in my ski boots totaled $650 plus another $700 for the boots so the golf stuff seems cheap in comparison!
I gotta tell ya bud, "poor" ...."rich" has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. NOTHING. It also has nothing to do with THP as a community. This place is for all walks and all levels of golfers.

Im glad to know youre a sucessfull "rich guy" now but please for the love of god.....dont ever think that this is a "class" discussion. Its not. I dont care about anyones custom lined whatevers. This is merely a discussion for all walks of life and all levels of income and all levels of golfers to discuss what theyre willing to buy and spend on and what they arent.

For eveyone else thats responded here, i appreciate it and you. Youve all got your own reasons as to why you do what you do or dont do and i get it.

I gotta tell ya bud, "poor" ...."rich" has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. NOTHING. It also has nothing to do with THP as a community. This place is for all walks and all levels of golfers.

Im glad to know youre a sucessfull "rich guy" now but please for the love of god.....dont ever think that this is a "class" discussion. Its not. I dont care about anyones custom lined whatevers. This is merely a discussion for all walks of life and all levels of income and all levels of golfers to discuss what theyre willing to buy and spend on and what they arent.

For eveyone else thats responded here, i appreciate it and you. Youve all got your own reasons as to why you do what you do or dont do and i get it.

Sounds like you are sensitive to the word poor. Too bad as I think nearly all of us were likely poor when we were younger. I should have been more clear and said when I was making $3.20 per hour as a teenager I still spent $100 on a pair of golf shoes.

I like you have started to veer towards paying more for quality in all items, but especially shoes and rain gear. I voted those and shorts/pants as I have bought quality gear at full price while polos I always wait for a sale.

Sounds like you are sensitive to the word poor. Too bad as I think nearly all of us were likely poor when we were younger. I should have been more clear and said when I was making $3.20 per hour as a teenager I still spent $100 on a pair of golf shoes.
Nope not sensitive to the “word” poor. Sensitive to the thousands of people who are less fortunate and may not yet have hit the level of success that you have. You saying poor implies that anyone who doesn’t spend their money higher end stuff might be poor. That’s disrespectful to the other members of the forum my friend.

Nope not sensitive to the “word” poor. Sensitive to the thousands of people who are less fortunate and may not yet have hit the level of success that you have. You saying poor implies that anyone who doesn’t spend their money higher end stuff might be poor. That’s disrespectful to the other members of the forum my friend.

You are reading a lot into my comment “even when I was young and poor I was willing to spend the extra $ on shoes and outerwear”. I’m guessing most of here can relate as nearly all of us were young and poor at one time.

FWIW, I rarely spend more that $35 on any golf polos or shorts and last year more than half the golf polos I bought were under $20 from Costco or Sams Club.

I'm not sure what happened in the last few years other than the fact I can now afford a more premium lineup of clothing. But, it seems there is a serious level of drop off from high end stuff to low end stuff in quality. Maybe im wrong.

I have always liked certain brands of clothing but haven't always loved the price point some of them come in at. However, I find myself more and more and more looking into brands like:

Footjoy
Peter Millar
Stitch
Polo Golf
RLX Golf
Galvin Green
Linksoul
Johnnie-O
J.Lindberg
Etc etc etc

As opposed to other brands I liked in the past but didn't always hold up:

Puma
Under Armour
Nike
Adidas
Cutter & Buck
Ashworth

Thoughts? Answer the poll as to what type of apparel youre WILLING to spend a premium for.....commet below your thoughts on why or why not.
You should add Greyson to the top list. Their stuff is super dope. I have bought 7 or 8 shirts this summer and they are top notch and super comfortable.

Rain gear. Don't skimp.

Quarter zips.. Damn you.
I buy quarter zips at end of winter sales. There are always good ones left for dirt cheap. My favorites are Daniel Cremiuex from Dillard's. Get them at the 1/2 off of 1/2 off winter clearance for $15-$20.

I buy quarter zips at end of winter sales. There are always good ones left for dirt cheap. My favorites are Daniel Cremiuex from Dillard's. Get them at the 1/2 off of 1/2 off winter clearance for $15-$20.

They make a good quarter zip, I agree. Sadly, I am a sucker for Peter Millar ones and I just try to remember that you can’t buy them if you don’t open up the store websites that have them.

They make a good quarter zip, I agree. Sadly, I am a sucker for Peter Millar ones and I just try to remember that you can’t buy them if you don’t open up the store websites that have them.
I just can’t bring myself to pay the prices some of the premium/boutique brands want for their stuff. I see $80-$100 for a polo or pair of shorts, or $50 for a ball cap, and I can’t hit the “back” button fast enough.

I'm not sure what happened in the last few years other than the fact I can now afford a more premium lineup of clothing. But, it seems there is a serious level of drop off from high end stuff to low end stuff in quality. Maybe im wrong.

I have always liked certain brands of clothing but haven't always loved the price point some of them come in at. However, I find myself more and more and more looking into brands like:

Footjoy
Peter Millar
Stitch
Polo Golf
RLX Golf
Galvin Green
Linksoul
Johnnie-O
J.Lindberg
Etc etc etc

As opposed to other brands I liked in the past but didn't always hold up:

Puma
Under Armour
Nike
Adidas
Cutter & Buck
Ashworth

Thoughts? Answer the poll as to what type of apparel youre WILLING to spend a premium for.....commet below your thoughts on why or why not.
Agree with the top four brands... Wearing those then an under armour or nike...bleh also sheet a season some are awful.

Shoes... I have expensive nikes and moderate footjoy plus some discount Adidas all the same to me. Water resistant is key.

I would pay up for trues tho

Back