Golfers Elbow - Best Elbow Braces

Thanks for the share, did you find the brace helped while playing? That looks like exactly what I'm looking for.
It did, I had no issue playing in that sleeve.

Have to be very cognizant of my ulnar nerves in both elbows. Gel ice packs are nice. I get into bad positions sleeping with my elbows bent trying to support my head and neck due to car accident. I have Steelfibers, and also would like to try Recoil Protos.
Sounds like I need a sleeve of some sort. I have a brace to the tennis elbow, but find it unconfortable on the follow through. "Band-It" it's called.
Champions Tour guys used to wear them, so thought I'd give it a go a long time ago already. Swinging on concrete also a problem child for me.

I also used the Band-It for a while. I don't think Recoil Protos will help. Steelfibers are StiffFibers. Perhaps a more lively shaft. My choice has been Accra.

I do this exercise often where I hold out an arm, take my fingers with the other and pull them back, then I pull them down. Then rotate to other arm. About 30 seconds each time. That did help.

I fight it, and I'd quit golf before lifting, so let's just say neither one is going to happen. I rotate a couple different braces (whatever is comfortable and stays in place), but I don't like wearing them when I'm golfing, so I usually do while I'm doing the other things that piss it off (running a gun, swinging a hammer, etc). I stretch and exercise religiously to help it, and get regular bodywork. I also cryosleeve (Recoup and another I can't read the label on anymore) whenever possible after a round or if I've been roofing or something. That really helps me recover a little faster. I didn't swing today, but lifted, and I'm wearing a cold sleeve at this very moment. Mine's not going to go away unless I just stop my life for a while, so I just try to keep it bearable. I travel with a cryosleeve.
I will have to look into a cryo sleeve. I'm with you elbow tendinitis doesn't go away if you want lift and play golf. Make the forearms stronger and manage the pain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I also used the Band-It for a while. I don't think Recoil Protos will help. Steelfibers are StiffFibers. Perhaps a more lively shaft. My choice has been Accra.

I do this exercise often where I hold out an arm, take my fingers with the other and pull them back, then I pull them down. Then rotate to other arm. About 30 seconds each time. That did help.
Thanks. I've had a lot of PT over the last couple of years with many different parts to focus on. Have done that one and many others waaaaay too many times. I have such arthritis in the hands, hard to do gripping/strengthening.

I had a "pop" sound in my left wrist and left elbow trying to pull a queen mattress up a couple flights of stairs myself. That was 6 years ago.
4 MRI's: "inconclusive." Really? I can feel a giant lump on the back of my left hand. It's probably an old rolled up rotten tendon in there that has now calcified over with bone. Quite sure I broke the thumb in '15 and it healed very poorly or is still out of joint. Grasping is HARD for me with that left hand. Stroke took it out on the left side as well. Whole left side pretty much destroyed from my car accident. Hard to post up on that left side.
Left knee I think the ACL is a rubber binder ready to pop. Oh the mess. And no time to deal with any of it taking care of aging parents. Hell.

I had no business trying to play this game again. None. But I'm trying. I couldn't wash under my arms because I couldn't reach, or wash my hair very well either. That was January. I made my account here and was at the range by June. Spent way too much on steelfibers, but I'll be buried with them now dammit. I had them in 110 stiff in two other sets so the step down in weight and flex in the same family of shafts made as much sense as I could make of it. Really loved them before I stopped playing in '15.

First, Theragun mini has been a game changer for me. Second, I switched to graphite.

What's the science behind the benefit JB? Less vibration or something?

That is definitely part of it for sure. Composite materials can have less impact.

See if you can find a blank steel shaft and a blank graphite shaft, and give them a tap with an object to observe the difference in vibration and sound.
The steel shaft is like a wind chime in comparison. Bryson is on track with the graphite. He's smarter than the rest for now. That will change.

Shaft inserts in steel act in a manner to "disrupt" the transference of the vibration up into the handle section as well.

Think about a golf club as being anything other than a golf club and it all makes infinitely more sense for some reason. :ROFLMAO:

Grip manufactuers USED to mention vibration dampening in the design as well. Not sure I've seen much on that angle of late.

Last edited:
See if you can find a blank steel shaft and a blank graphite shaft, and give them a tap with an object to observe the difference in vibration and sound.
The steel shaft is like a wind chime in comparison. Bryson is on track with the graphite. He's smarter than the rest for now. That will change.

Shaft inserts in steel act in a manner to "disrupt" the transference of the vibration up into the handle section as well.

Think about a golf club as being anything other than a golf club and it all makes infinitely more sense for some reason. :ROFLMAO:

looks like I need to switch next year!

In my experience, a brace is going to mitigate it. I am having issues with it again, I am thinking it is mostly due to a swing issue and behind that the fact that I haven't been able to lift weights in almost 9 months.

Like @JB I have been using theragun mini and ice which has helped. Also ordered a theraband as the main issue is weakness around the elbow so need to work on that.

looks like I need to switch next year!
Like Jer, says, they're all different. Steelfibers are quite firm even in reg flex, so I might be inclined to follow his advice and seek other options there.
It's the only one I've experienced so far, and I like the vibration reduction, and the feel of the shaft is different but I enjoy it. I like the 110 very much as a wedge shaft. Even that is getting a little heavy for me now, but 95 in wedges seemed way lighter than S400/PX and others I used to play.

Only drawback on graphite: the expense will completely de-rail you if you like to flip clubs at all. Gotta commit to this. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Thanks. I've had a lot of PT over the last couple of years with many different parts to focus on. Have done that one and many others waaaaay too many times. I have such arthritis in the hands, hard to do gripping/strengthening.

I had a "pop" sound in my left wrist and left elbow trying to pull a queen mattress up a couple flights of stairs myself. That was 6 years ago.
4 MRI's: "inconclusive." Really? I can feel a giant lump on the back of my left hand. It's probably an old rolled up rotten tendon in there that has now calcified over with bone. Quite sure I broke the thumb in '15 and it healed very poorly or is still out of joint. Grasping is HARD for me with that left hand. Stroke took it out on the left side as well. Whole left side pretty much destroyed from my car accident. Hard to post up on that left side.
Left knee I think the ACL is a rubber binder ready to pop. Oh the mess. And no time to deal with any of it taking care of aging parents. Hell.

I had no business trying to play this game again. None. But I'm trying. I couldn't wash under my arms because I couldn't reach, or wash my hair very well either. That was January. I made my account here and was at the range by June. Spent way too much on steelfibers, but I'll be buried with them now dammit. I had them in 110 stiff in two other sets so the step down in weight and flex in the same family of shafts made as much sense as I could make of it. Really loved them before I stopped playing in '15.

I go to the former Dallas Stars massage therapist every 3 weeks - if he could make Brett Hull play on skates with 2 bad knees and win a Cup, I figure "What the heck."

I go to the former Dallas Stars massage therapist every 3 weeks - if he could make Brett Hull play on skates with 2 bad knees and win a Cup, I figure "What the heck."
Do they have an assistant that works out of a Ford Econoline van in the back parking lot? That's probably in my wheelhouse. :ROFLMAO:

Do they have an assistant that works out of a Ford Econoline van in the back parking lot? That's probably in my wheelhouse. :ROFLMAO:

No, but he works in the 'burbs. Everytime I go in, I see one of Ed Belfour's autographed hockey sticks on the wall.

And then he beats the crap out of me - he goes for more movement and flexibility - feel the pain. But 1/3 of the time, it is a back spasm on which he works - and miraculously most of the time I can play the next day ... but I should not.

No, but he works in the 'burbs. Everytime I go in, I see one of Ed Belfour's autographed hockey sticks on the wall.

Eddie was my favorite Hawk growing up

e6c95f2ce8dcd4937b5aa67b3cd510c8.jpg

And then he beats the crap out of me - he goes for more movement and flexibility - feel the pain.
My chiro retired in the middle of all of this. I think I have found another, but no opportunity to go lately. I'll be looking into massage for sure.
Need to do more in-person PT as well. Haven't seen one again since the Covid crapola started. All in the living room by myself.
I can sure feel the "no crowds to motivate" like the tour guys right now. Sheesh.
Anyway, they have ultrasound that they were going to try before all this went down. More phone calls. So many phone calls. (n)

(y) As he puts on his "Wrist Restore" brace to re-align the rows of bones in his left hand....(y):ROFLMAO:
that thing helps a lot when doing house/yard work and gives me better gripping strength.

Tried it for the golf swing too, but there are rubber pads that kinda dig into the wrist crease area and its not for golf.
I have another brace for sleeping for the left wrist to keep it in the "up" (y) position at night, and the "down" (n)position during the day with the Wrist Restore brace. The night time one is the typical carpal tunnel type you see.

To the OP....can we assume you have had an Orthopedic doc check your elbow out? Maybe a 2nd opinion?
I had an elbow problem for over a year because the first doc I saw said it was tendonitis. He had me on anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, elbow sleeves and cortisone shots over that year. Nothing helped, so I got a second opinion. The 2nd Ortho guy I went to had me lay on the bed and in 30 seconds diagnosed me with a torn ligament. Tommy John surgery fixed it. Self and internet diagnosis are some of the worst things that people do to themselves. Good luck with getting your elbow healed up !

Look into a procedure called Tenex if you have chronic tendonitis, plantar factitious. Any itis. It uses ultra sound to find the source of your pain and take it out of the body. It takes a few minutes and is a out patient procedure.

Look into a procedure called Tenex if you have chronic tendonitis, plantar factitious. Any itis. It uses ultra sound to find the source of your pain and take it out of the body. It takes a few minutes and is a out patient procedure.
Thanks I will ask my doctor about that, anything that helps quickly would be awesome.

To the OP....can we assume you have had an Orthopedic doc check your elbow out? Maybe a 2nd opinion?
I had an elbow problem for over a year because the first doc I saw said it was tendonitis. He had me on anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, elbow sleeves and cortisone shots over that year. Nothing helped, so I got a second opinion. The 2nd Ortho guy I went to had me lay on the bed and in 30 seconds diagnosed me with a torn ligament. Tommy John surgery fixed it. Self and internet diagnosis are some of the worst things that people do to themselves. Good luck with getting your elbow healed up !
I have not but I think it's time for me to see my doctor and make sure it's nothing more serious. I would be surprised if it is more than tendinitis but better safe than sorry.

Thanks to everyone who posted for some great info!

It sounds like regardless of therapy options I'm heading for graphite shafts as it has worked for so many others. Does anyone have recommendations for a stiff graphite iron shaft for a high swing speed player or a good THP thread to read some reviews? I know the best answer is to get fit and I am planning to do so when I'm ready to buy new irons but want to get something in the immediate short term to help with the injury.

Eddie was my favorite Hawk growing up

e6c95f2ce8dcd4937b5aa67b3cd510c8.jpg

I was hitting balls next to him on the range not too long ago. He has a decent swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought the band-it brace this week and played with it today. It didn’t affect my swing at all and my elbows feeling pretty decent after the round.

Back