Bryson DeChambeau Thread

They need to expand performance enhancing drug testing to include the stuff athletes are really taking these days. Or just do away with it.

Its all a joke at this point. A dangerous joke.

Bryson has access to these drugs RIGHT NOW, unfortunately, that his dad would use for kidney transplant. My eyes and ears absolutely LIT UP when I heard that in the post round interview, you best believe. Red flag of all red flags ever. Tour testing program is a JOKE.

I was on such drugs myself for 6 years for my Crohn's. They also use them for chemo/organ transplant and immune system suppression.
(Think about that right now in the context of Covid and ALL professional sports.)
Phil is on Enbrel for his arthritis. Same category of drugs. He has now had skin cancer. Lotta sun, but that is a side effect. (Have you seen his calf muscles in shorts? Yep.)

I will not tell ANYONE how far I could hit a ball on here, as you would NOT believe me anyway. But I had witnesses. Par 4's? Yep.
Made me into that hulk you see on your screen now with the B.A.D. Didn't have pain, could go all day. Yep. Just another form of steroids. Got huge.
They stopped working for me and damaged my body horribly. I have tendon tearing issues now. Watch for that with players. Brooksy??
Those are "steroid" injuries quite often,

This is doping. Right in front of your eyes. Call the commissioner. He knows. All to put golf courses out of business, ultimately.

Sick. :cautious:
So... Bryson is stealing his Dad's medication? And, on top of that, this sneaking pills out if his Dad's medicine cabinet is the reason for his recent success?

Now it makes total sense.

They need to expand performance enhancing drug testing to include the stuff athletes are really taking these days. Or just do away with it.

Bryson has access to these drugs RIGHT NOW, unfortunately, that his dad would use for kidney transplant. My eyes and ears absolutely LIT UP when I heard that in the post round interview, you best believe. Red flag of all red flags ever. Tour testing program is a JOKE.

I was on such drugs myself for 6 years for my Crohn's. They also use them for chemo/organ transplant and immune system suppression.
(Think about that right now in the context of Covid and ALL professional sports.)
Phil is on Enbrel for his arthritis. Same category of drugs. He has now had skin cancer. Lotta sun, but that is a side effect. (Have you seen his calf muscles in shorts? Yep.)

I will not tell ANYONE how far I could hit a ball on here, as you would NOT believe me anyway. But I had witnesses. Par 4's? Yep.
Made me into that hulk you see on your screen now with the B.A.D. Didn't have pain, could go all day. Yep. Just another form of steroids. Got huge.
They stopped working for me and damaged my body horribly. I have tendon tearing issues now. Watch for that with players. Brooksy??

This is doping. Right in front of your eyes. Call the commissioner. He knows. All to put golf courses out of business, ultimately.

Do you think you could keep your conspiracy theories to one or two threads but not every single active thread?

The amount of seriously hot takes in this sentence alone are worth double taking. Wowsa.

Facts?

The amount of seriously hot takes in this sentence alone are worth double taking. Wowsa.

Facts?
It's such a holistic view, and years of witness and a good smattering of golf biz background. Backing it up is entirely possible, but I should make it into a PHD Thesis if I'm gonna do it. ;) It would take so long.

I have had a particulare company make two attempts on my life for speaking my mind about the golf industry and another issue, and what I suspect they are doing in two different markets.

How's that? I'm nervous after posting this, but its the truth. My health is crap and my family is all dying, so I haven't much to lose at this point. Might as well tell the world. (And have them call me a kook in return, but whatever....)

I got sad when the tee sheets at my two fav courses got turned over to this entity. Its a real estate long play. BILLIONS.

doc.gif

I have so many thoughts on this. Might have to record a solo podcast unloading everything into 30 minutes.

It's such a holistic view, and years of witness and a good smattering of golf biz background. Backing it up is entirely possible, but I should make it into a PHD Thesis if I'm gonna do it. ;) It would take so long.

I have had a particulare company make two attempts on my life for speaking my mind about the golf industry and another issue, and what I suspect they are doing in two different markets.

How's that? I'm nervous after posting this, but its the truth. My health is crap and my family is all dying, so I haven't much to lose at this point. Might as well tell the world. (And have them call me a kook in return, but whatever....)

I got sad when the tee sheets at my two fav courses got turned over to this entity. Its a real estate long play. BILLIONS.

Oh, -another giphy. :ROFLMAO:
I seem surprisingly normal in person at least. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be very curious to see if Bryson's sponsors see a spike in their sales after this victory.

Made me into that hulk you see on your screen now ...
For the love of God and the sake of your own sanity: Stop
shake.gif

Bryson is no "hulk." My arms were nearly as big as his before the Wu Flu shut down the gyms. I'm 69 years old and have never touched a performance enhancing drug, beyond common OTC performance supplements (and relatively few of those), in my entire life.

For the love of God and the sake of your own sanity: Stop
shake.gif

Bryson is no "hulk." My arms were nearly as big as his before the Wu Flu shut down the gyms. I'm 69 years old and have never touched a performance enhancing drug, beyond common OTC performance supplements (and relatively few of those), in my entire life.
Large arms hit the ball how far?
Look at lanky arse Bubba Watson. Former long man on tour. For a few years no less.
Hanky Kehne was a bird compared to now.
John Daly, line 1.

Just saw Rory McIlroy talking about Bryson. Seems like sour grapes. I've lost some respect for him, Bryson didn't/doesn't have access to anything he doesn't. Ironic that everyone is fine with DJ getting gifted 10 points to win the FedEx and wouldn't have won if he hadn't gotten them but they're at a loss for words and act like they got they're ice cream cone taken from them when Bryson shakes things up and wins with hard work.

Just saw Rory McIlroy talking about Bryson. Seems like sour grapes. I've lost some respect for him, Bryson didn't/doesn't have access to anything he doesn't. Ironic that everyone is fine with DJ getting gifted 10 points to win the FedEx and wouldn't have won if he hadn't gotten them but they're at a loss for words and act like they got they're ice cream cone taken from them when Bryson shakes things up and wins with hard work.
I've lost some respect for Rory too, for a couple reasons:

1) He did the same thing Bryson did, before Bryson did. Rory turned into a gym rat, got in shape and put on some muscle, and became one of the longest drivers on Tour. I didn't hear him complaining about it then. I don't know if he's now butthurt because somebody else did it bigger and better than him, or if it's just #2 below.

2) Rory has become like a mouthpiece for the USGA/PGA Tour. It seems like they stick their hand up his backside and move it, and Rory parrots whatever their opinion is on any particular issue. He was the first person to come out against the idea of forming the new "alternate" golf tour that was being talked about, and now he's on the "roll it back" train.

Bonus #3) He's offered his opinions on a few current hot issues in the U.S. (not directly associated with golf, and beyond the scope of discussion here) that I strongly disagree with.

Last edited:
I think we're being alarmist overall and need to take a look at the whole body of work.

Look at Spieth. "Oh this young gun comes out and isn't afraid to fire at ANY pin!" ROY in 2013. 11 PGA Tour wins. 3 Majors. And nothing since 2017. Couldn't hit a fairway with a broad side of a barn (unsure what saying to use).

Look at Rory. "The next Tiger Woods!" 18 PGA Tour wins. 3 Majors. 2-time FedEx Cup Champion. No major wins since 2014. SIX years. Yeah, you won the FedEx Cup but no one is going to remember you for that.

Here's my point (trust me I have one).

As much science and tech that Bryson uses, golfers are human. One muscle pull. One torn oblique. Or even something mental (this is golf), and things can change real quick. Impressive so far but we're all human. It's his first major. Let's see what happens next.

I think you have it nailed here, he got big fast (well pretty fast), but he is young and when you are young you can put on weight and strength very fast and obviously he has naturally great hand to eye to be able to deliver that club to the ball with that speed.

When I was 27 years old I weighed 260 lbs and never took anything but food, a lot of food, creatine shakes, 1/2 dozen raw eggs before every workout and worked out 2-3 hrs per day. I was a pretty big guy for 6 ft, but I doubt I could have hit a ball any farther then than I can now (I was not a golfer at 27) but I did not then or now have the gift to square the face perfectly and hit that little ball in the center of the club.

I am not a fan of his, but I respect how he took apart a very tough setup where others could not. I agree with HipCheck, one bad move or lift out of line and he could be finished just when he is starting. My back and shoulders are ruined and pain is my alarm clock every morning, big is fun when you are young, but at 61 I am working out again to get below 200 lbs and it is anever ending battle...

His mental state is well know to be fragile and muscles don't help the space between your ears, Jordan Spieth is a prime example of a gifted golfer that is lost in very short time and he seemed to be more grounded than Godzilla ever hoped to be.

Jordan Spieth is a prime example of a gifted golfer that is lost in very short time and he seemed to be more grounded than Godzilla ever hoped to be.
Maybe Jordan should start training with Bryson. Couldn't hurt at this point.

Bryson had 7 straight top 10 finishes from the Genesis Invitational back in February all the way through his win at the Rocket Mortgage Classic in early July. Since then, outside of his T4 at the PGA Championship, he has one top 25 (at the Tour Championship) and hasn’t finished better than T30 in his other four events including two missed cuts.

He was seemingly in contention every week, but hasn’t really threatened of late. What gives? Is he just a little off or was he tiring from his new fitness routine?

for me, it was because he stopped hitting fairways and his putter went a little cold. which is why i didn’t give him a snowballs chance in hell at the us open. clearly i know nothing.

for me, it was because he stopped hitting fairways and his putter went a little cold. which is why i didn’t give him a snowballs chance in hell at the us open. clearly i know nothing.
I honestly don’t know what to think anymore. His performance last weekend was so impressive. I’m no Bryson fan, but it was definitely neat (interesting?) to see. He definitely makes me want to see what’s next!

And what am I supposed to interpret from "giphy?"
Are you interested? Following? Calling me crazy yet again? :ROFLMAO: Does KG need a time out?? :ROFLMAO:

I don't know. I am still trying to figure it out. Thought it could buy me some time! :LOL:

I’m just catching this on the back end so I’m going to admit that I’m missing some context on this in which I will read up on later. But if 2020 has a golf course mafia/Illuminati that is putting out hits on THP’ers and are treating golf courses like Thanos treats multiverses, AND they are using Bryson as some sort of terminator to destroy golf courses. This is where I’ll be getting off the train we call life.

Also, please consider selling this story to Netflix because I would absolutely tune in to this Ozark mixed with golf vibe.

He’s just like us.

Not having the caption “I like my cars luxurious, my jets private and my milk, chocolate.” is a miss.

6A5935DF-5B8C-405A-BDE1-F570E440E7AF.jpeg

Last edited:
He’s just like us:

“I like my cars luxurious, my jets private and my milk, chocolate.”

View attachment 8964771

i didn’t realize he was sponsored by bentley. i remember watching the tour championship coverage and they showed the players arriving in their cars. most guys were in beamers but bryson rolled up in a bentley. it made sense then and it makes sense now, but in very different ways haha

Back