New PXG 0211 Iron Set

@Mach2 I ordered mine on 9/3, they're supposed to fo to assembly on 9/3 (Wednesday).
I'm not sure whether I did the right thing going with the MMT70 instead of the 60. If you don't mind me asking, what are your driver, 7 iron swing speeds and/or distances? I'm assuming you get a bit of a boost out there in the desert...
I'm 66 years old and play at sea level down here in Myrtle Beach. You learn very quickly after moving down here from up North to "take an extra club", lol. I get about 149 with my 7 iron and average just over 200 with driver. When up in NY, it's about 10 yards more with the 7, and 20 with the driver.
SC LEFTY. I'm 76 y.o., left knee replaced twice in 2010, right shoulder replaced 4 years ago. Driver SS is 80-83 and carry 200 with 225-230 total using a Ping G410 LST 9* and ALTA CB 55 gram senior shaft @ 44.5" length. Haven't hit the 0211's on the course yet but G700 31* 7 iron with SS of 62 carries 125 and total is 132-135. I use Callaway Supersoft ball. Here in Henderson were at 2200 ft. altitude, Las Vegas is around 1600-1800 ft.

Thanks very much for the quick reply @Mach2 , it's much appreciated.
I made one edit to that post after you replied. Typo on the 7 iron, 140, not 149 down here. I think I'll just stay with the 70, I'm not sure, but I think PXG will reshaft them once for free if I want to make a change.
Can't wait for these to come, waiting this long is making me over think way too much.

Good looking strikes! Love the profile of that wedge. Just ordered two PXG hybrids to go with the 0211's. Getting ahead of myself, but expecting to like the irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sons were ordered 09/07 (Labor Day) and they moved to final inspection today, exactly 2 weeks from when they would have received the order (09/08). Hopefully that means they ship today or tomorrow and arrive end of this week or early next week.

Mine are showing delivering Friday, FEDEX has them on the way.

So what's been the waiting period for everyone who recently ordered a set?

19 days from order receipt at PXG to home delivery

I ordered mine on 9/3. According to their site, the ESTIMATED build date is 9/23(tomorrow). Reading how quickly a lot of you are getting your clubs has me puzzled. It's been 3 weeks... I wonder if it's a "lefty" thing?
I'm going to make a call tomorrow to find out what's going on if it doesn't update by afternoon.

Pretty sure it was confirmed on the 10th or 11th, I will go check.
I just did the same. I ordered on the phone 9/3 the order was "received" on 9/8. I'm definitely calling tomorrow. I realize there is a lot going on right now, but....

SC LEFTY. I'm 76 y.o., left knee replaced twice in 2010, right shoulder replaced 4 years ago. Driver SS is 80-83 and carry 200 with 225-230 total using a Ping G410 LST 9* and ALTA CB 55 gram senior shaft @ 44.5" length. Haven't hit the 0211's on the course yet but G700 31* 7 iron with SS of 62 carries 125 and total is 132-135. I use Callaway Supersoft ball. Here in Henderson were at 2200 ft. altitude, Las Vegas is around 1600-1800 ft.

The distance you are getting out of 7 irons at 62 MPH is awesome, well done! You are getting everything you can out of it.

Dave

Mine are showing delivering Friday, FEDEX has them on the way.

My son’s order updated to shipped at 9pm today and show an expected delivery for this Friday, 09/25. 18 days total, 19 if you count the Labor Day holiday when I ordered them.

I had the lofts adjusted to match the PING power specs for the G410 irons.
Did PXG do this for you? (The website only gives an option for making all lofts weaker/stronger, but I've been wondering if they would vary the bends if contacted)

I plan on ordering 4-PW of the 0211's in the next few days, and I'm thinking I want to bend them 2 degrees weaker. I'm not looking for more distance, but I would definitely like to have consistent coverage at various yardages. And since I'm playing [and keeping] specialty wedges (gw, sw, lw) anyway, adding +2 degrees seems to create more consistent loft intervals.

Club
Current
0211+2
21​
24​
21.5​
23.5​
27​
24​
26​
30​
27​
29​
33​
31​
33​
37​
35​
37​
41​
40​
42​
P
45​
45​
47​
G
52*
52*
52*
S
56*
56*
56*
L
60*
60*
60*
* Vokey wedges (I'm keeping)

I'm curious though. Has anyone bent their 0211 weaker (+1 or +2)? I know that adds bounce, but I'm curious if it diminishes the feel or anything.

I plan on ordering 4-PW of the 0211's in the next few days, and I'm thinking I want to bend them 2 degrees weaker. I'm not looking for more distance, but I would definitely like to have consistent coverage at various yardages. And since I'm playing [and keeping] specialty wedges (gw, sw, lw) anyway, adding +2 degrees seems to create more consistent loft intervals.

Club
Current
0211+2
21​
24​
21.5​
23.5​
27​
24​
26​
30​
27​
29​
33​
31​
33​
37​
35​
37​
41​
40​
42​
P
45​
45​
47​
G
52*
52*
52*
S
56*
56*
56*
L
60*
60*
60*
* Vokey wedges (I'm keeping)

I'm curious though. Has anyone bent their 0211 weaker (+1 or +2)? I know that adds bounce, but I'm curious if it diminishes the feel or anything.

I have not, but it is interesting. I went a full club up distance wise and I dont need to hit a PW 150 or a 6i 190. Weaker loft may be the way to go.

PXG 0211 IRONS SPECS
ClubLoftLieLength (Inches)Bounceoffset (inches)
421.5°61°38⅞0.235"
524°61.5°38¼0.195"
627°62°37⅝0.165"
731°62.5°370.130"
835°63°36½10°0.095"
940°63.5°3611°0.070"
W45°64°35¾12°0.050"
G50°64°35½12°0.045"
S55°64°35¼12°0.034"
L60°64°3510°0.020"

In case you're interested in bounce, I prefer less bounce, but I get along with these just fine. Every once in a while I do get the lower grooves but it still maintain the distance fairly well.

Does it make sense that I dig more with these than the 790’s I had? Divots are much bigger now.

Did PXG do this for you? (The website only gives an option for making all lofts weaker/stronger, but I've been wondering if they would vary the bends if contacted)
Yes, I ordered on the phone. If you speak to one of their reps, you can have one or all irons adjusted however you like.
I went 1* strong on the 5-6, 2* on 7-AW.
Random thoughts...
I saw just above my post here @troyefl said he gained a full club, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that about these irons. Unless he was playing really weak lofted irons from a prior generation (10+ years ago?) that's unusual.
From the little I've seen, and all I've read, these play true to the stated loft, maybe a tad strong at most.
Take a look at the bounce these clubs already have on them... I'm not sure why anyone would want to weaken the loft and add more, but to each their own I guess.
I went stronger in loft to reduce the bounce a bit, and blend in distance wise with my hybrids. I'm also hoping to maybe pick up an extra 5 yards here at sea level.
We all hit like different wedge set ups... right now I'm planning on going from the set AW (adjusted to 48*) to a 54* and 58*. The 54* will be mainly a full swing club, so I may eventually change it to a 52* if that gaps out better for me.
EDIT
Just saw Troy came from Ping I irons, so yeah, the 0211-s are stronger lofted. A full club longer is still impressive though. I'd imagine he was fitted very well.

Last edited:
So I called PXG today, and there rep was very helpful. When he first looked up my order, he said they were showing "back ordered" for some reason, and asked me to hold on while he made a call to find out why.
When he got back to me, he said there was no reason for that, and he'd speak to his build team and have them start assembly today. He called me later to say that the clubs would ship on Friday.
After we spoke, I think I figured out what the problem was. I ordered the iron on 9/3 and on 9/10 I ordered a putter, which I canceled a few days later. The rep I ordered the putter from said he was putting it on the same order as the irons, to save me another $60 shipping fee. I have a feeling cancelling the putter screwed up the iron order somehow.
Anyway, I'm very impresse with PXG's customer service. Every one of the 3 I've spoken to has been great, and Ben went above and beyond this afternoon.

Last edited:
Went back to Legacy GC to play the 1st round with them. They had a tournament starting and would be no tee times for an hour and a half. Got a bucket and headed to the range, for the 3rd time. Still with the good, smooth swing. After hitting the pw, 9, 7 & 5 irons I have to say that to my eyes, the irons are going higher with a penetrating flight and are longer than the Ping G700 irons. What I really like is the impact sound is a solid thwack compared to the crack sound from the Pings.

I want to say again, these 0211 irons in no way feel and/or sound like a cast iron.

Went back to Legacy GC to play the 1st round with them. They had a tournament starting and would be no tee times for an hour and a half. Got a bucket and headed to the range, for the 3rd time. Still with the good, smooth swing. After hitting the pw, 9, 7 & 5 irons I have to say that to my eyes, the irons are going higher with a penetrating flight and are longer than the Ping G700 irons. What I really like is the impact sound is a solid thwack compared to the crack sound from the Pings.

I want to say again, these 0211 irons in no way feel and/or sound like a cast iron.
At $89 per club, these irons are the best deal in golf right now. How can you beat a set of PXG irons 5-AW with shafts like MMT and Elevate for $623?
Not to mention a 30 day return policy. Bob Parsons rocks!!! LOL
The sad thing is, so few people know about this deal and are spending hundreds more on other sets.

I ordered my set on 9/18/20 and following the order tracking it originally said items picked/in-assembly was going to be 10/3/20. Checking today (9/24/20), they are in assembly now. Pleasant surprise for me. Also, I am left handed.

So, I decided to get the PXG hybrids, to go with the 0211's (on which I'm still waiting). Anybody have experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are within 50 miles, supposed to deliver tomorrow but of course no actual time and someone has to sign for them. I understand the reason as a PXG box would not last long sitting by the front door if someone knew what they where looking at.

Back