Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, dad post so ignore if you’d like. You’ve been warned.

In 9 hours my kid tees off with a legit chance to win his conference (disclosure-MOAC in Ohio, but if you stalk him know I’m armed-and close by, lol).

If he plays to his potential he will win. However..... the kid didn’t practice this year, he has the best varsity scoring average but is 3 man and doesn’t even have a school bag.... Because his coach didn’t know if he was even playing. Somewhat my fault. I’m now a PT dad and I assumed he was going to golf practice.

Anyways, big morning tomorrow for a lot of reasons. This one is golf forum appropriate. I hope the twerp does well. If not I’m going to reclaim my damn putter... ha.

I hope he does well, but I hope more that he learns from the experience. Good luck to him and you.

Haha! Thanks @OldandStiff , lol.

You’re a good man, a much better golfer than me, even when I thought I was decent.

There’s a lot of tough times here right now, seeing you kicking ass on the course is inspiring. Keep it up and be the best you you can be!

Let us know how he does and good luck.

So cool & hope he does well.

Good luck!

Good luck to him!

Good luck to him (y)

I missed the first hole due to doctor stuff, but I think he had a 7 on a par 4. Ouch. I think he’s plus 6 through 4 now but not 100%.

So much for this day, lol

This is the course I had my biggest ever front vs back differential so maybe he’ll turn up the heat?

Not looking good so far though.

He has time to pick up the strokes.

Bleeding has stopped.... for now.

2 straight pars that could have been birdies. Greens fastest he’s seen, adjustment time. Looks.... like he’s made it.

Now 4 straight. Salvageable and in good position on 8. Freaking 7 though on 1. Oy vey.

No one is making putts. These greens are tough. Ouch.

Well my kid is making putts, thank god. 5 straight now. This is manageable.

Bleeding has stopped.... for now.

2 straight pars that could have been birdies. Greens fastest he’s seen, adjustment time. Looks.... like he’s made it.

Now 4 straight. Salvageable and in good position on 8. Freaking 7 though on 1. Oy vey.
Sometimes a rough start is exactly what you need to sharpen and maintain your focus. Sounds like he's putting up a fight now. (y)

good luck!!!

He’s made par 9/10 holes. Unfortunately the one he didn’t was another triple.

These greens are killing most of these kids. Slopes and rolling 12++.

I did my good deed of the year. I stripped down and waded teets deep into a creek to get a ball. I’m now soaked as there is only so much clothes taking off that’s permitted. It wasn’t even my kids ball, but it was a TP5x so the kid was grateful.

I’m now a hero, ha.

He’s made par 9/10 holes. Unfortunately the one he didn’t was another triple.

These greens are killing most of these kids. Slopes and rolling 12++.

I did my good deed of the year. I stripped down and waded teets deep into a creek to get a ball. I’m now soaked as there is only so much clothes taking off that’s permitted. It wasn’t even my kids ball, but it was a TP5x so the kid was grateful.

I’m now a hero, ha.

Not sure why you would go after one golf ball. Was the kid out of balls?

-1 on the back. Jeesh, 2 triples will kill your round. I know this well.

Not sure why? Why not? :geek::unsure:

I thought it was my kid. He was the only one with the HP to get there based on the round so far. My nuts were already in before I realized it wasn’t his so I might as well get it.

2 3 putt bogeys. Ugh. +7 through 17. Not going well.

8ftfor up and down par on 18. No.

+8. Not terrible for two triples. Cleans those up and he’s pretty good.

I guess it isn't worth it to me to strip down to my undies on the golf course for a golf ball.

It wasn’t for me. It was for a kid. For me? Not worth $4.00. For a kid? Totally worth it.

I’ll do it every time. For a kid.

It wasn’t for me. It was for a kid. For me? Not worth $4.00. For a kid? Totally worth it.

I’ll do it every time. For a kid.

You are a lot nicer than me. I would buy him a new ball but not swimming in a pond at a golf course for it.

Back