Bryson DeChambeau Thread

People are losing their stuff over his WFWF victory. My goodness, they act like he'll win the next 10 UOpens.

He had a great week, but people just love to overreact. Let him win the next 4 majors, and then maybe the sky will be falling.

Wolff bombed it past Bryson a couple times on Sunday. I don't know if he's doping or not but he seems like a decent enough guy, and only legends win a US Am like he did (at much smaller body type u might add).

Jack said he viewed his 2 us ams. As "mmajors", they are so hard to win. So in theory Bryson has 2 majors now.

fun to watch the dude - but if I was playing with him socially I'd have to stir him up about taking too bloody long....

People are losing their stuff over his WFWF victory.
Does having bought a hat like his qualify as "losing one's stuff?"
lol.gif

Seriously: I bought the hat, weeks ago, because I like the style. (And the young sales babes at the store said it looked smokin' on me, so there's that :D.) His swing interests me because, as I noted earlier: It makes sense to me.

lol.gif

Seriously: I bought the hat, weeks ago, because I like the style. (And the young sales babes at the store said it looked smokin' on me, so there's that :D.) His swing interests me because, as I noted earlier: It makes sense to me.
Competitor forum are acting like the sky is falling because someone bombed and gouged their way to a US Open title.

He still had to get the job done. He isn't going to win every major going forward but they act like he is.

I will say. There has been a real surge in single length in just the past week..

I have had a particulare company make two attempts on my life for speaking my mind about the golf industry and another issue, and what I suspect they are doing in two different markets.

I can't imagine this quote ever being topped for my remaining time as a member of this forum!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

lol.gif

He has said that he wears the cap as a tribute to Payne Stewart. I think that's pretty cool.

That is pretty cool. (Besides: I like the hat.)

A kind of insightful interview with Bryson here - he's definitely not a Patrick Reed IDGAF kind of person:

Another one with Bryson's thoughts about "Bryson-Proofing" a golf course:

Another take on BryBeaux proofing...cut and pasted from MSN

"In the wake of Bryson DeChambeau’s dismantling of Winged Foot at last month’s U.S. Open, the EIGCA isn’t the only acronym digging in against distance. So in true Bryson fashion, we attempted to reverse-engineer the problem and asked the bomber’s long-time swing coach, Mike Schy, how he would Bryson-proof a golf course.

Golf Central Podcast: Bryson DeChambeau's longtime coach Mike Schy provides insight into the U.S. Open champ
“I’ve thought through this and I think I have the answer,” Schy explained on this week’s Golf Central Podcast. “I believe the rough should be scaled so that the closer you get to the green the thicker the rough becomes. Let’s say 60 yards out the rough is 7 inches deep and as you go back [toward the tee] the rough is scaled [shorter].

“You could actually narrow the fairway just a little bit, scale the rough and that brings back all the old golf courses. The courses that are potentially becoming obsolete [to Tour players], like Pebble Beach.”

The USGA has tinkered with graduated rough for years but that was based on a horizontal concept, with thicker rough as you move away from the fairway. What Schy is suggesting is a vertical version of graduated rough that would, in theory, make long hitters like DeChambeau make choices off the tee.

In a world that seems to have a shortage of answers Schy’s idea is certainly interesting."

In the field next week! Excited that we’ll be across the street

300 yard Par 4? Hand me my irons
OK, that's ridiculous. But is it really? 2 things -- 1. you can see by the flagstick it was blowing pretty strong downwind and 2. Summerlin is at significant elevation (3000-4000?). So taking the wind & elevation into consideration he flew his 4 iron? 3 iron? about 235. It landed very front of the green (so 280), then take off 10% for elevation that 280 becomes 252. Then take off another 17ish for strong downwind and you get 235. Impressive yes, but not OMG he hit an iron 300 yds!!! ⛳

Vegas is only 2000ft of elevation (same as Edmonton where I live), which according to the link below will cause the ball to go 4% farther than at sea level. In my experience this is accurate. I think I recall Bryson saying his 4-iron (which is lofted like a 2-iron) goes 260-ish.

Except for stare down with photographer (who probably did take too many photos) he handled some adversity pretty well for a ho him top 10.

Matthew Fitzpatrick really laid into BAD as some of you probably know.

Paraphrasing but basically he said bombing and gouging doesn't require skill. :ROFLMAO:

But BAD has always been a mad scientist. Even on the greens he's always trying to better himself.

Dechambeau should just say eff it and do a drug test in front of everyone.

It was cool seeing his Driver at the Morgan Cup this past weekend. Didn’t hit it, but knowing my specs and seeing what the lofts on his driver were - 💯 certain it wouldn’t have gotten the ball off the ground with my swing haha

Except for stare down with photographer (who probably did take too many photos) he handled some adversity pretty well for a ho him top 10.
He looked like a dummy for that spat with the photographer.

Matthew Fitzpatrick really laid into BAD as some of you probably know.

Paraphrasing but basically he said bombing and gouging doesn't require skill. :ROFLMAO:

But BAD has always been a mad scientist. Even on the greens he's always trying to better himself.

Dechambeau should just say eff it and do a drug test in front of everyone.

i don't know fitzpatrick, only going off what he said, but he was missing a key element. bryson is absolutely performing a skill. he's hitting fairways with that speed. the slightest mishit, the slightest spin-axis tilt, the slightest miscue in timing, is WAY exacerbated for him at that speed. the fact that he can swing that hard and find a fairway is insane.

nobody complained about rory's length. i guess because he either stopped winning, or because he was nice to more people? i honestly don't know.

nobody complains about champ's legnth, or mullinax's length, or lovelady's length, or list's length, or finau's length. presumably because those guys don't win enough.

so it just seems to me that people don't like bryson as a person. that's totally fine, and there's a LOT of reasons to feel that way. but don't change the rules of golf because is a douche.

i don't know fitzpatrick, only going off what he said, but he was missing a key element. bryson is absolutely performing a skill. he's hitting fairways with that speed. the slightest mishit, the slightest spin-axis tilt, the slightest miscue in timing, is WAY exacerbated for him at that speed. the fact that he can swing that hard and find a fairway is insane.

nobody complained about rory's length. i guess because he either stopped winning, or because he was nice to more people? i honestly don't know.

nobody complains about champ's legnth, or mullinax's length, or lovelady's length, or list's length, or finau's length. presumably because those guys don't win enough.

so it just seems to me that people don't like bryson as a person. that's totally fine, and there's a LOT of reasons to feel that way. but don't change the rules of golf because is a douche.
It’s ******* hysterical watching this unfold. He beat Champ by .1 yards in distance this year and now all of the sudden distance is an issue. Getting bigger is an issue now too, despite both Rory, Brooks and Tiger doing it for years.

It’s like the way the media covers other subjects. They ignore facts

:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s ******* hysterical watching this unfold. He beat Champ by .1 yards in distance this year and now all of the sudden distance is an issue. Getting bigger is an issue now too, despite both Rory, Brooks and Tiger doing it for years.

It’s like the way the media covers other subjects. They ignore facts

Just saw an article that said BAD won’t be playing again until the Masters. He is taking time off to focus on speed training and dialing in his 48” driver for Augusta. I can’t wait to hear when the media latches on to that.

Last edited:
I don't think Fitzpatrick did himself any favours. It hasn't been well received here in the UK at all.
Personally I think Bryson has endeared himself to the general public by transforming his hard work into success.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Back