How do you fill your foursomes?

Seems like it is more geared toward leagues and outings rather than coordinating casual rounds among members. Is that accurate? Does your club use it for the daily tee time reservation system?

you are correct - we use the Course Web site for casual rounds - you pick the tee time , and then select members you want an invite email sent to, the reply is sent back to the system and also to the originator. Go to EchoFallsgolf.com and you might see this under Tee Times.

the Golf Genius program is great because it has a running tally of everyone who played thru the year, keeps stats for you , and during an event it has live scoring so you can see leaders as you progress thru the 18 holes. so you have an instant results when you finish your round.

Don't have a foursome......

Usually solo or me and the Mrs.

I used to be this way always solo or maybe a twosome if my son was around. I recently joined a club and love that I am building a network of golfers for regular games. To me that is one of the huge benefits of being a member sommewhere.

Send the texts on Wednesday for possible Fri/Sat/Sun round... have two groups... the committed and then back ups that enjoy a round. usually always fill.

Send the texts on Wednesday for possible Fri/Sat/Sun round... have two groups... the committed and then back ups that enjoy a round. usually always fill.

If you wait until Wednesday around here, you're not playing until mid-late afternoon on the weekends. Since COVID we've basically been setting our weekend tee times a full week in advance.

Any reason for doing this via email rather than group text? Also, how much time do you give people to respond?

Have there been any situations where you have taken heat from the club/other members because people committed and then pulled out without enough notice?
Email works a bit better as large (15+) group texts tend to get out of hand quickly. We make the tee times 48 hours in advance (max allowed) so everyone has from Tuesday to Wednesday night to commit. Yeah if we have an empty tee time it can ruffle some feathers, but doesn't happen often unless bad weather. Basically stop inviting people that claim a spot and don't come on a regular basis.

If you wait until Wednesday around here, you're not playing until mid-late afternoon on the weekends. Since COVID we've basically been setting our weekend tee times a full week in advance.

Somewhat true here as I have gotten burned at a few courses, but usually find a good spot via Golfnow or Groupgolfer.

Somewhat true here as I have gotten burned at a few courses, but usually find a good spot via Golfnow or Groupgolfer.

Yeah I've been lucky a few times but booking for four has been a chore here lately. COVID has unleashed all the golfers that are usually too busy doing other social activities on the weekends here. I'm happy to see the courses making money though.

Yeah I've been lucky a few times but booking for four has been a chore here lately. COVID has unleashed all the golfers that are usually too busy doing other social activities on the weekends here. I'm happy to see the courses making money though.
Most of time - I love being a solo... although some groups of 2 or 3 see me as being that guy and arent all that receptive... i dont care though i play my game and enjoy the round whether included or as the 4th man.

Back