Choose Your UST Mamiya Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming up in short order is a special THP Experience with UST Mamiya and Ben Hogan where every participant coming gets new irons, wedges and putter along with a ton of other things. One part of this is choosing your shafts for your irons and the catalogue is OPEN. They can choose anything they want, minus the aesthetics.

What would you choose?

This thread can also be used by participants to ask questions and THPers can help them decide.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 11.52.37 AM.png

Really interested in the 110 or 125 protos and wedge proto shafts..

Likely the 125 protos and the proto wedge shafts.

I would swap out to 95 proto from 95's just to bring the ball flight down a bit.

the 780 ES was an awesome shaft in my hybrid, but I think i'd do the 110 prototype.

Based on my understanding I'd go with the 110 protos if I wasn't able to do a fitting.

I need more info on the top row regarding ball flight. I need highest ball flight option and most stability.

Any ideas which one fits the bill? Not versed in these offerings.

1600966849582.png

I've been hitting the ball so high I'd be going with the 110 Protos.

Recoil 95 Prototypes for me. My last fitting at Club Champion put me into Steelfiber i95s, and I'm pretty sure the Recoil 95 Protos would fit me at least as well, maybe even better.

I need more info on the top row regarding ball flight. I need highest ball flight option and most stability.

Any ideas which one fits the bill? Not versed in these offerings.

View attachment 8965097

Probably with most stability you would like at Proto 95

Based on those graphics, probably the 125s

i think i'd go recoil 110 in irons, and proto wedge in, um, wedges

This is gonna be some fun here.........early lean towards the recoil 95 & 95 proto shafts for me along with the wedge proto shafts to complete the equalizer wedges.....

Having some familiarity with UST I would go with this

Irons - Recoil 110
Wedges - wedge protos

putter would be flying blind.

Probably the ES SmacWrap for the vibration dampening and launch profile

I love my 95 Protos, but wouldn't mind testing out the 110 Protos. And for sure would try out the wedge protos.

I have the Proto 110s and the regular 110s. I like them both but the Proto does have a better flight for me. I have been very surprised at how much I like the regular 110s in my wedges.

I would want to try the 95 protos and the wedge shafts. I have never used anything but stock wedge shafts and would like to try them.

Irons - 125 proto
Wedges - Wedge Proto

Recoil 95 because I want the higher trajectory and then the Proto Wedge shafts.

Proto 125 in everything if I am fitting myself. I would switch to lighter shafts but I have had no luck doing so with steel.

Ever since getting the Recoil 95 Protos my irons have been nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine finding anything better for my game.
With the experience I've seen with the 95 Protos I'm all in for some wedge Protos! I think that would be killer!!

This thread has me wanting to go buy some protos...

To me weight is most important, I tried the 95 and had issues. So I am looking most likely at the 110, 125 may be too stout.

Last edited:
Back