My favorite for simplicity/elegance

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 6.26.42 AM.png

I've got one from Torrey Pines that has been in my bag since I played there in 2012.

This is what I have

s-l1600.jpg

Those look pretty awesome, but how does that hold up in your pocket? Seems like it would get all out of sorts from time to time

It's fine, just stays in there with the ball marker and tees until it is needed

I bought a birdicorn and lost it the first time I used it. Bought another one and did the same thing.

Right now I have this one, and it works great.

c6e17bb37aa2e79b509faf733ac2780d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one!!!! Is that a little brush on the end?

I have one. That I've been keeping in a special place, so the wife doesn't get her hands on it.

It is not in that special place right now.

She got it Snicks. She got it. :cry:
You said she may acquire it, I guess she did. At least its in good hands and not lost. ;)

I have a couple of Pitchfix (https://www.pitchfixusa.com/product/original-2-0-red/) tools with the switchblade pop out that I like because I don't stab myself as often reaching into my pocket. My favorite one has the RPI hockey logo on it (a friend played there and gave it to me).

I am equally competent with a tee but I like that the ball marker is on it also.

I think this is the only one left in my bag that I haven’t lost.
View attachment 8965203
Found one of those when I was 19 years old and it's still the one I use. 2 years ago I was in a league night and stepped in a hole and fell in the woods. It fell out of my pocket. I had basically written it off, but we finished near where I fell and I went back to the spot and it was hanging on a branch of a bush right above the hole. So I still have it.

IMG_20200925_110335.jpg

My gamer has been that vokey wedge look a like... It's a shame the finish is so awful!

I collect one from every course I play, so I have 40 or so.

20200925_101850.jpg

Me: WHERE is the divot tool that came a few weeks?

Her: It's by the key basket on your dresser.

Me: What? Why would it be there??

Her: The tape was really stuck to it so I cleaned it for you.

Me: Oh....

Her: You thought I took it, didn't you?

Me: .. Naw, I just.. I couldn't remember where I left it..

Her: Uh huh. So you're playing today? Is that smart with your back?

Me: Gotta go! Thank you! Love you!!....

I have it!! Thanks again, @Snickerdog !

View attachment 8965263

Me: WHERE is the divot tool that came a few weeks?

Her: It's by the key basket on your dresser.

Me: What? Why would it be there??

Her: The tape was really stuck to it so I cleaned it for you.

Me: Oh....

Her: You thought I took it, didn't you?

Me: .. Naw, I just.. I couldn't remember when I left it..

Her: Uh huh. So you're playing today? Is that smart with your back?

Me: Gotta go! Thank you! Love you!!....

I have it!! Thanks again, @Snickerdog !
She is awesome!!!!

Lot of nice ones, lets see some more.

I mostly use the one from The Old Course, nothing fancy but it works.

I think this is the only one left in my bag that I haven’t lost.
View attachment 8965203
If it is used the way I think it's designed to be used, that is a defective tool in the sense of repairing greens. It appears to me that that tool pivots lifting the turf upwards which actually kills the grass with that process. When you lift upward on turf you break all the roots and the grass dies. The proper way to repair a ball mark on the green is work all the grass inwards towards the center and then tamp it down. If I am mistaken by your intentions I apologize, but I would never use that tool you have displayed in this thread. Repairing ball marks correctly should be a prerequisite for anybody who steps on the course.

If it is used the way I think it's designed to be used, that is a defective tool in the sense of repairing greens. It appears to me that that tool pivots lifting the turf upwards which actually kills the grass with that process. When you lift upward on turf you break all the roots and the grass dies. The proper way to repair a ball mark on the green is work all the grass inwards towards the center and then tamp it down. If I am mistaken by your intentions I apologize, but I would never use that tool you have displayed in this thread. Repairing ball marks correctly should be a prerequisite for anybody who steps on the course.
It really does look like it’s intended to be used as a fulcrum to lift the ground up and break the roots, but fear not - that is not how I fix my ballmarks, which I very rarely make 😢 but it works just fine for fixing ones I find as well 👍

36A69EDD-E6E2-4C7E-BFF6-B3F29D2C58EF.jpeg

BTW, Folks get away with that crap MORE on Bluegrass greens, cuz they are RHYZOME growers (Roots grow sideways to fill bald spots ). Bent/Rye are different... Clump Grass....good luck after peeps dig a crater and don't fix it correctly.
Disgrace.

Sorry....

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
That champion dwarf Bermuda is next to impossible to make a dent in on a dry day as well. Very difficult to find a divot on those greens. My courses bent greens though are chewed up at the end of the day/until grrens crew rolls them and mows them again. It's crazy how different the grasses are in the regard.

Having grown up in Illinois I can relate to that, but need to get you a Packers divot tool. ;)
That would be nice of you...too bad that it would find the bottom of the pond on the second hole though.....

Back