The Official Banter Away Thread

That will be nice.

Part of my deck had an angle and making that single pass cut to length was really satisfying. Are you going with the invisible board fasteners?
Yup going invisible fasteners. Really excited to get rid of our creaky eyesore deck! I’ve only replaced light fixtures, faucets, and vanities and installed some vinyl flooring so I’m hoping this will be a fun project.

You've earned a fun one after those!

We just watched the ISS fly over our house. My four-year-old has so many questions about space now. Her biggest one was whether or not the astronauts eat space rocks. I honestly have to say watching that was one of the neatest things I’ve ever seen when looking up at the stars.
It is really cool to see. Did you use a telescope or just naked eye?
Naked eye. My kids loved it.
It is an awesome thing to see.
For those unaware, the NASA app has a ISS sighting feature (or used to anyway) based on your location. It will tell you when and where to look for it to pass by. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Today is Wednesday! 🤯 What happened to Tuesday? 🥴

Working from home is going to be a bit tougher this morning - the wall is coming out for the new patio doors to be installed, so I am currently sat listening to drills etc whilst the brickwork gets taken out

Just cleaned the bathrooms, so the house smells like bleach! I like it, but I bet my wife fusses about it when she gets home!:ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Waiting for the sprinkler dude to come blow out the system. Faucet has to be shut off for the winter.
No more water to give my birds I adopted. They'll understand.

Just had potential buyers walking around the property and taking notes. Checking all the grain storage and facilities.

I have been driving pretty long this year, but astray. I am going to tinker with a shorter shaft for a bit. I pick up my 44.25 shaft with a new Callaway adapter on Saturday. Why 44.25? Complete guess after reading a few threads...

We are now railing-less, which means I’ve earned my SkyTrak time in the garage!
7A6BAC32-15B4-44FE-8B16-5221E0600499.jpeg
I have been driving pretty long this year, but astray. I am going to tinker with a shorter shaft for a bit. I pick up my 44.25 shaft with a new Callaway adapter on Saturday. Why 44.25? Complete guess after reading a few threads...
Complete guesses make the best experiments!

Waiting on my new irons to be delivered. This kinda sucks. Until it doesn’t. ;)

I..... I don't know what to make of this

Been a long week and still have to work tomorrow. Bright side, golf on Sunday.

Our dog will normally do her business at almost any place in our front yard. So I find it interesting that for the last three days, she’s left her steaming pile in exactly the same place - at the end of a line of three signs for local political candidates.

Our dog will normally do her business at almost any place in our front yard. So I find it interesting that for the last three days, she’s left her steaming pile in exactly the same place - at the end of a line of three signs for local political candidates.
Guess she isn't impressed with any of them. :LOL:

Yup going invisible fasteners. Really excited to get rid of our creaky eyesore deck! I’ve only replaced light fixtures, faucets, and vanities and installed some vinyl flooring so I’m hoping this will be a fun project.

You going with the glass railing? My wife loves watching the home fixing shows and that seems to be the rage. I just keep telling her, someone has to clean those all the time.

I cut mine twice - this is what I settled on and this has been my best driving season in as long as I can remember.

You going with the glass railing? My wife loves watching the home fixing shows and that seems to be the rage. I just keep telling her, someone has to clean those all the time.
Nope no railing! The railing was 40% of the overall quote and requires substantial effort to install, so I won the no railing battle. Our deck is only 18 feet, so I’m just laying 20 foot boards and trimming the ends. Should be quick and easy (famous last words, I know :LOL:).

Nope no railing! The railing was 40% of the overall quote and requires substantial effort to install, so I won the no railing battle. Our deck is only 18 feet, so I’m just laying 20 foot boards and trimming the ends. Should be quick and easy (famous last words, I know :LOL:).

When estimating the time to complete a DIY project, double the number and go up one unit of measure. So we allocate four weeks for a two day task.

When estimating the time to complete a DIY project, double the number and go up one unit of measure. So we allocate four weeks for a two day task.

So true and add a few bottles of your favorite beverage because you are going to need it.

Sounds about right. :LOL: I’m motivated to get this one done with two puppies that will severely inconvenience me while the work is in progress.

I have benn putting off the master bathroom rebuild for 2 years, but it is going to happen in Sept. unless I can find a real good excuse to stall again. It is going to be a pain and since I figure a solid week it will of course take 3 weeks and 27 trips to home depot.

Back