LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

The THP post event blues begin to set in, but the best part is we get recaps to help us fill the gaps because as a spectator we only saw a piece of the awesomeness the guys experienced

Wow! What a whirlwind weekend of the likes I have never experienced before. Blessed and thankful to have been part of The Morgan Cup!

Want to take a moment to say Thank You to @JB , @GolferGal , @LittleRat , @Master Yagley and Rachel for an amazing weekend. I know you do so much more than what we see during the event and it is all very much appreciated.

Even though we are in challenging times, this break away from the world for these last few days and immersed in The Morgan Cup, it was a reset that I personally needed and was put on to perfection in my mind.

Our captain @jdtox is such a solid dude as many of you already know. The team bonded and encouraged each other from the time we were all chosen to be on Team Paradise and more importantly in The Morgan Cup. THANK YOU CAP! I am incredibly proud to have been part of Team Paradise that brought the cup back for you and Jose.

My teammates @KY Golfer , @oumagic , @MarMill8412 , @ToddJ027b , @Duffer Waldorf you dudes are brothers for life. Had a blast getting to know you all and cannot wait to tee it up again with you sometime very soon. Any day, any time.

@OITW and Team Hackers really enjoyed meeting and getting to know all of you. You all have very impressive games and I look forward to teeing it up with any of you sometime soon.

Thank you to @chefkritter and @j_sizzle9 for managing the task of keeping scores. Also to @JDax for the work he puts in leading up to the event with the odds and discussions of the event.

Lastly, I am blown away by all of THP following and cheering us on. Absolutely appreciate all the words of support and the virtual cheering us on. Thank you all for being invested in this event. I had followed other experiences/events in the year I have been active on THP and loved seeing what was going on. But, being here and in an actual event is just at another level. It is just unreal that a group of people, sometimes that are complete strangers aside from their personality on the internet, come together to meet up for some golf, some hanging out, and building life long bonds around this game that we all love and are passionate about.

I fly home tomorrow morning and it is bittersweet that I have to leave what we had this weekend and experiencing what it was like to be a Tour Player, and to return to the real world and work. But, happy to be returning home to my wife that was fine with me coming even though we are in the times we are in.

I am rambling and will wrap it up for now. More to come later to recap the weekend in some more detail.

Is it weird that all I did was watch and follow from home and I feel the letdown of it being over too?

Is it weird that all I did was watch and follow from home and I feel the letdown of it being over too?
Not weird at all dude, am right here with you.

One of the best MC moments... a desert rat (lower left in the pic) pops his head out of the canyon and says “is this your ball?!”
Most memorable shot is the one @jdtox mentioned above. I remember walking up to the ball and seeing how close it was to the bunker and shaking my head. Yags looks at me and says you got this shot. I’m thinking he is nuts and I’d rather actually be in the bunker lol.

I look over @Parrot and say I’ve got to make this to halve the hole since jdtox stuffed that wedge in there. I watch @MarMill8412 go mark the ball and it briefly crossed my mind to ask him to move the mark over some. I didn’t cause I thought it would look terrible especially if I didn’t sniff the hole.

Anyway, I remember making solid contact with my 58* MIM wedge and saying it’s got a chance, just cut inside that ball mark and it’s in. It does and falls in dead center of the cup! I let out a yell that the entire course heard I’m sure leaving many outside our group wondering who just hit a hole in one. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It was cool to come through in the clutch like that. Jeremy and Will collected themselves nicely as Will sank the putt for birdie and then closed us out on the 9th.

View attachment 8968862
@e1iterate - that was Ryder Cup-esk! 1982 US Open - Tom Watson on 17 at Pebble. Nothing short of amazing, had to make it and you did. Never to be forgotten.

Once everything calms down for all the participants, I'd love to hear everyone's favorite memory, as well as most memorable shot, from their MC experience.

Shot:
The Scene:
Alt Shot with @Jmk202 Hole 8 we were three down heading into 6 - we win 6 and push 7 dormie into 8 needed to win - heavy wind into us, Jake finds the short stuff from the tee 145 into the hole
The Shot:
Jake clubs me at 2 club wind, I pull Cobra Forged Tec 8i stuff it in there to gimme range and the Net 2

The Memories:
First - Morgan Cup Saturday night @KY Golfer pic is definitely worth a 1000 words (most of them slurred #amirite @jdtox 😂
Pizza and drinks with a great group of guys. Morgan Cup 2020!!!

View attachment 8968505

View attachment 8968715Feel so absolutely blessed to be on Team Hackers but an extra special shout-out to this man right here. After Saturday mornings round I was down on myself and felt defeated. @Master Yagley came to me and took the time to help me with my game and cheer me on. My team as a whole always had my back as I had my ups and downs and it was the time of my life to join the Morgan cup brotherhood. Can’t wait to enter next year!

Hey Max! You were a champ all weekend, thank you for being on Team Hackers and never giving up the fight. I have many wonderful moments with you to remember but two really stick out, both in Alt Shot;

#1 - your tee shot was... not spectacular 😁, then I slung a 7w from 235 out to a short sided, super nasty down hill stance, with a 2.4% chance (Vegas odds) of getting up & down lie 😳. @oumagic later confirmed their legitimately confident lock on being 1-up after #1... prior to your shot. You flopped it to 4 ft and the crowd went crazy!!! The putt goes in and you turn a certain 1-down to a 1-up... that was a huge shift in that match!

#4, par 5 - my drive leaves us 260 to the pin, 240 to carry the bunker in front of the green. There are guys on the green and you are waiting for them to clear. I am thinking... “really?”. You hit a hybrid that would make tour players blush. Super solid contact and a towering trajectory. We all thought it was going to clear the bunker and I am thinking “that’s gonna be a 5 ft eagle putt.“. It just misses clearing the bunker by 6”! I didn’t care where it ended up. It was glorious! - thanks for the memories Max!

Hey Max! You were a champ all weekend, thank you for being on Team Hackers and never giving up the fight. I have many wonderful moments with you to remember but two really stick out, both in Alt Shot;

#1 - your tee shot was... not spectacular 😁, then I slung a 7w from 235 out to a short sided, super nasty down hill stance, with a 2.4% chance (Vegas odds) of getting up & down lie 😳. @oumagic later confirmed their legitimately confident lock on being 1-up after #1... prior to your shot. You flopped it to 4 ft and the crowd went crazy!!! The putt goes in and you turn a certain 1-down to a 1-up... that was a huge shift in that match!

#4, par 5 - my drive leaves us 260 to the pin, 240 to carry the bunker in front of the green. There are guys on the green and you are waiting for them to clear. I am thinking... “really?”. You hit a hybrid that would make tour players blush. Super solid contact and a towering trajectory. We all thought it was going to clear the bunker and I am thinking “that’s gonna be a 5 ft eagle putt.“. It just misses clearing the bunker by 6”! I didn’t care where it ended up. It was glorious! - thanks for the memories Max!
You are my guy Yags! I'm looking you up next time I make it to California and I'm forcing you to play 18 with me! Our cart talks were so fun and I feel cheated that I only got to ride 9 holes with you! I want the full 18! #TeamHackers!

That's a big boy shot right there!

f**k yeah Max!!!

@baylrballa - Saturday’s Shamble was one of the greatest ham ‘n eggs of all time! I don’t remember specific shots as much as the feeling of knowing that no matter where I hit it we were gonna be ok. And that is one hell of a feeling on the golf course. Pressure off, green light baby! Seriously... that was a special round and you were a great partner. Thank you!

Looking back, everything seems to have happened in a flash. But, in the roughly 5,907,600 seconds between that August 4 selection post to saying goodbye to everyone Sunday afternoon, so many wonderful, fantastic, amazing things happened.

First, props and respect to Team Paradise. They played some great golf and were the better team this weekend.

Thanks to the forum for following along. Reading all of your comments throughout the experience added so much to it for me. I loved going back and reading your comments during the singles match.

Thanks to @j_sizzle9, @chefkritter and @JDax for all the score keeping and odds making!

As great as the Cobra equipment and Puma clothing and shoes are, the Morgan Cup is about its people and experiences within it. And, heaven knows, I met some terrific people and have formed what I hope are long-lasting friendships. I can't thank Cobra and Puma enough for treating us like tour pro royalty. Rachel, @Master Yagley, @LittleRat and all the folks at CPG we didn't get to meet, you have my appreciation and gratitude for an experience I will never forget. @GolferGal, thank you for all you do to make it happen. I knew the Morgan Cup was a special event but, having experienced it, it is so much more special than I could've ever imagined. I'm so grateful to you. @JB, I appreciate all you do and admire your love and passion for golf and THP. I'm thankful for all you do for us, even when you are telling us we have move faster!

I'm so glad that I got to know my Paradise brothers. @jdtox, @Duffer Waldorf, @ToddJ027b, @MarMill8412, @oumagic and @LittleRat, it was a pleasure to compete with you. I appreciate your sportsmanship and fun-loving spirit. Mike and Todd were a buzzsaw in shamble. Alt-shot with Jeremy and Will was great in so many ways. Sean, I'll never forget our singles match. @KY Golfer and @vdubtx, I wish we had the chance to play. I hope to have the opportunity to tee it up with all of you sometime down the road.

@OITW and @Master Yagley, I wish we had found a way on Sunday to pull out the win for you. You have my admiration for your leadership and support. Y'all were always there with a kind word and encouragement. I loved playing alongside my man @maxw72 on Saturday. He is a great guy and seeing the smile and happiness in his eyes when he absolutely pummeled another 3 wood are great memories. Maxy, you got game! @e1iterate was a great alt shot partner. His chip in for bird to extend the match was magical. He called the shot and made it. Morgan Cup lore, right there. @Jmk202, my pleasure to cartner with you in singles. You propped me up and motivated me when I was playing badly. You kept me from beating myself up for starting so poorly. @H8tobogie, you are a great competitor. That shot on 18 was straight fire. You are clutch, my friend. I appreciated all the kind words and support. @baylrballa is a wild man. He's so damned funny. I want to tee it up with him sometime.

Hackers, you guys rock! A win would've been great but that would change what we experienced. I'm grateful for exactly how things turned out. It brought us together in a way a win might not have. Thank you for everything.

To all of you, I'd love for you to visit Oxford. You are welcome in my home. @KY Golfer and @H8tobogie, the Grove awaits!

Finally, to my teammates, Team Paradise, CPG, @JB and @GolferGal

Last edited:
Sitting at the airport reflecting a bit, don't think I've come down enough to sufficiently put it into words. You always wish you could play better, but I can't complain for the first time ever playing match play golf. Anyways that's so far down the list of what makes this event what it is.
Will try to remember what I can over the next few days and recap, for now back to Texas and dreaming of the next time I get to tee it up with any of those guys.

Man I don't know where to begin there was so much awesome this weekend.

So I guess I'll start with my good friend and fellow captain @OITW we have known each other for years but this year was different. We had been in touch plenty and when he told me his flight got changed to arrive Wednesday morning what else could I do but change mine to arrive around the same time? We played a round together before anyone else even arrived and had an absolute blast. Thanks for everything you planned and did this weekend (golf, hotel room, rental car) and even the dinner reservations that had us all confused on what to order haha!

If you followed the thread you already know I was flying as the solo member of Team Paradise until Jose showed up on Thursday afternoon. My morning round I played with @maxw72 and a course member named John which was a lot of fun. Getting to know Max a bit more was a pleasure he is such a good dude and little did I know that would be the theme for the weekend. When @LittleRat and @Master Yagley showed up we decided to play an all captains match at the Paiute Wolf course. Such a fun round of golf, I didn't play as well as I had earlier that day and Yags made me pay...literally haha

Thursday evening finally some members of Team Paradise showed up to dinner. Vegas had rules of no more than 6 at a table and no offense to Team Hackers but I had to sit with my guys since it was the first time I was meeting them. You just never know what you are going to get with personalities in a THP event of this size but this year was nothing but the best.

Friday morning practice round was where it started to become real and this year we did something different than years past, we played the practice round as a team. I don't know what everyone's thoughts were but I really loved that. It was a way to get to know the guys each a little better in a non competitive setting and going forward next year I plan to do that again. Now practice was over and the real event was to begin at dinner.

We returned to TPC Las Vegas and they had the Patio closed off and reserved for us which was very cool. We got to hang out hear some stories, exchange some gifts and of course announce the pairings which you all have seen.

Next up....the golf begins.

Once everything calms down for all the participants, I'd love to hear everyone's favorite memory, as well as most memorable shot, from their MC experience.

I think I can speak for all of the participants here when I say it is extremely difficult to pick just one memory or shot. There are so many shots and memories that I believe I will remember forever and there are such small things that were done and said that will keep me going to always improve and be better. Me personally I can start from day one where I was able to play with @jdtox at Paiute. Jdtox is probably one of the best things to come out of Michigan along with the late 90's Red Wing hockey. He is one of the most relaxed and laid back people I met and his knowledge and love for THP and its members is easy to see. There is no denying that TPC LV was Ron Artest and I was the fan who decided to chuck a beer from deep at the "Malice at the Palace", but jdtox was there to always chat with me and lift me up, even as the opposing teams captain.

We have absolute gold when it comes to a human being in @OITW . I have never met a person who no matter if he is playing out of his mind or whether he is playing like a 18 handicap, he is wanting to see you play your best and wants to cheer you on every step of the way (that all being said, I never saw him play like an 18 handicap, he is a stick). The passion that OITW has for golf and especially for Cobra/Puma is unheard of. He loves this game, he loves Cobra/Puma and he wants to see both the game of golf and these companies succeed.

When it comes to captains, I missed how it was assigned but whoever at THP picked these two to be captains did a heck of a job picking them.

When it comes to teammates I feel extremely lucky to have the team I had. @Parrot @H8tobogie @baylrballa @e1iterate @Jmk202 @Master Yagley I feel extremely lucky to share the course with you. @Parrot I know there were times during our Shamble you wanted to just grab me by the shoulders and tell me to get out of my own head but you didn't. You picked me up when I was down and you carried the load when I couldn't. @H8tobogie As my singles cartner you were exactly what I needed. You always reminded me to keep my head up and that I was always in it. When I was frustrated that I was not capitalizing on my pops (which I had a lot of them) you told me to forget about them and win without them! I was happy to buy you those two Heineken. @baylrballa I think you helped me more than you know. In our practice round you gave me a strategy and the confidence to go with that strategy, going 3W the whole time seems crazy but it worked for me and you gave me the confidence to do it. The fact that you were able to tell me to keep with that strategy after a "few" drinks as well gave me the extra push I needed to buy in. @e1iterate Being in a similar situation as I was with leaving a young family and seeing your love for your family and making it known that you miss them, made me feel as though it was okay that I was feeling the same way as yourself leaving my young family. Your quick 5 minute chipping technique you gave me in your room and the fist bumps every time I would see you went a long way. For what it is worth @e1iterate , Yags gave me the exact same chipping lesson the following day, so you are onto something my man. @Jmk202 you have a passion for this game, a passion that is rarely seen in these times. I know you love this game and you love to see people in general succeed, I can tell you love helping people to the point that you let them steal your athletic tape and when they realize that they have stolen it, you brush it off like it is no big deal :whistle:;). You are a great golfer, but more importantly a great human being. I believe I have already made it known that @Master Yagley absolutely saved me from shooting a course record at TPC LV, I didn't check but I think the course record for most strokes was definitely in play. I'll be honest I was a bit nervous when @OITW came up to me and told me you were at my bag and wanted to chat, so when I came out and you took me to the putting and chipping area I was almost as nervous as I was on the first teebox earlier that day. You calmed me down when I needed it, you answered all my Bryson and Rickie questions, and you gave me a peek into your life. You also gave me some great life advice to "not fall into the velvet trench". I would give back all my cobra/Puma gear, clubs, and still pay the Morgan Cup entry fee if it meant that I would still get the advice and golf lessons from you. Thank you for that!

I wish I could go through each and every Team Paradise player and let you know how important your kindness and friendship was, but I'm becoming a bit long winded and I have yet to even answer the original question. @ToddJ027b and @Duffer Waldorf It was an absolute pleasure to run into the buzzsaw that was you two as a pairing. @vdubtx I truly appreciated playing against you in the singles matchup as well as alt shot. You were extremely kind throughout the entire round even when I started to try and really apply pressure and somewhat quit talking, thinking it would help me focus. You were congratulatory on every good shot even if you found yourself in a bad position. I hope to come play in Texas with you and all the other Texans I met. @oumagic You are an awesome guy and though I did see that you thought you had the first hole won in our alt shot after you saw my first shot, I will forgive you for that, because I as well thought you did! One of the last shout-outs I want to give is to someone I think doesn't realize how much he helped my nerves and game on Sunday and that is @KY Golfer . After topping the first two shots on the teebox on Sunday singles, @KY Golfer came up to me, gave me the double fist bump and told me to calm down, relax, and forget about this first hole. I could have easily given up and it could have been over by hole 10 but every time I had a bad shot I would think "remember what @KY Golfer said, Relax and forget about this hole/shot". I think @vdubtx can blame @KY Golfer for me pushing our round and me battling back as much as I did because I had the KY Golfer's voice in my head the whole round telling me to "forget this shot and move on to the next one."

My final shoutout is to THP and Cobra/Puma for an absolutely amazing event. Everything was flawless, the gear is amazing, and the experience will never be forgotten. That being said a special shout out for @JB as I rolled up on the Saturday morning round first teebox, 3W in hand, I heard him give me crap about pulling the 3W, after I striped one down the fairway it took a lot for me not to turn to the camera and give you the stare down middle finger walk off the teebox. That being said when I pulled 3W again on the first of Sunday singles and I topped it not once but twice you kindly suggested I pick up my ball and concede the hole. You saying that didn't come across as "Max you have zero chance of winning this hole" but instead it came across as "Max I want you to have fun, move on and reset", that really meant a lot to me and went a long way. You did that to me on a later hole as well saying "it was exactly what you needed to do but you just caught an unlucky bounce", so thank you for giving me the constructive criticism and suggestions.

In closing, I'll answer the original question. Go check out the video on hole one in the alt shot....Spoiler alert, my most memorable shot wasn't the shot off the tee. ;)

Thank you again THP for one hell of a ride!

I think I can speak for all of the participants here when I say it is extremely difficult to pick just one memory or shot. There are so many shots and memories that I believe I will remember forever and there are such small things that were done and said that will keep me going to always improve and be better. Me personally I can start from day one where I was able to play with @jdtox at Paiute. Jdtox is probably one of the best things to come out of Michigan along with the late 90's Red Wing hockey. He is one of the most relaxed and laid back people I met and his knowledge and love for THP and its members is easy to see. There is no denying that TPC LV was Ron Artest and I was the fan who decided to chuck a beer from deep at the "Malice at the Palace", but jdtox was there to always chat with me and lift me up, even as the opposing teams captain.

We have absolute gold when it comes to a human being in @OITW . I have never met a person who no matter if he is playing out of his mind or whether he is playing like a 18 handicap, he is wanting to see you play your best and wants to cheer you on every step of the way (that all being said, I never saw him play like an 18 handicap, he is a stick). The passion that OITW has for golf and especially for Cobra/Puma is unheard of. He loves this game, he loves Cobra/Puma and he wants to see both the game of golf and these companies succeed.

When it comes to captains, I missed how it was assigned but whoever at THP picked these two to be captains did a heck of a job picking them.

When it comes to teammates I feel extremely lucky to have the team I had. @Parrot @H8tobogie @baylrballa @e1iterate @Jmk202 @Master Yagley I feel extremely lucky to share the course with you. @Parrot I know there were times during our Shamble you wanted to just grab me by the shoulders and tell me to get out of my own head but you didn't. You picked me up when I was down and you carried the load when I couldn't. @H8tobogie As my singles cartner you were exactly what I needed. You always reminded me to keep my head up and that I was always in it. When I was frustrated that I was not capitalizing on my pops (which I had a lot of them) you told me to forget about them and win without them! I was happy to buy you those two Heineken. @baylrballa I think you helped me more than you know. In our practice round you gave me a strategy and the confidence to go with that strategy, going 3W the whole time seems crazy but it worked for me and you gave me the confidence to do it. The fact that you were able to tell me to keep with that strategy after a "few" drinks as well gave me the extra push I needed to buy in. @e1iterate Being in a similar situation as I was with leaving a young family and seeing your love for your family and making it known that you miss them, made me feel as though it was okay that I was feeling the same way as yourself leaving my young family. Your quick 5 minute chipping technique you gave me in your room and the fist bumps every time I would see you went a long way. For what it is worth @e1iterate , Yags gave me the exact same chipping lesson the following day, so you are onto something my man. @Jmk202 you have a passion for this game, a passion that is rarely seen in these times. I know you love this game and you love to see people in general succeed, I can tell you love helping people to the point that you let them steal your athletic tape and when they realize that they have stolen it, you brush it off like it is no big deal :whistle:;). You are a great golfer, but more importantly a great human being. I believe I have already made it known that @Master Yagley absolutely saved me from shooting a course record at TPC LV, I didn't check but I think the course record for most strokes was definitely in play. I'll be honest I was a bit nervous when @OITW came up to me and told me you were at my bag and wanted to chat, so when I came out and you took me to the putting and chipping area I was almost as nervous as I was on the first teebox earlier that day. You calmed me down when I needed it, you answered all my Bryson and Rickie questions, and you gave me a peek into your life. You also gave me some great life advice to "not fall into the velvet trench". I would give back all my cobra/Puma gear, clubs, and still pay the Morgan Cup entry fee if it meant that I would still get the advice and golf lessons from you. Thank you for that!

I wish I could go through each and every Team Paradise player and let you know how important your kindness and friendship was, but I'm becoming a bit long winded and I have yet to even answer the original question. @ToddJ027b and @Duffer Waldorf It was an absolute pleasure to run into the buzzsaw that was you two as a pairing. @vdubtx I truly appreciated playing against you in the singles matchup as well as alt shot. You were extremely kind throughout the entire round even when I started to try and really apply pressure and somewhat quit talking, thinking it would help me focus. You were congratulatory on every good shot even if you found yourself in a bad position. I hope to come play in Texas with you and all the other Texans I met. @oumagic You are an awesome guy and though I did see that you thought you had the first hole won in our alt shot after you saw my first shot, I will forgive you for that, because I as well thought you did! One of the last shout-outs I want to give is to someone I think doesn't realize how much he helped my nerves and game on Sunday and that is @KY Golfer . After topping the first two shots on the teebox on Sunday singles, @KY Golfer came up to me, gave me the double fist bump and told me to calm down, relax, and forget about this first hole. I could have easily given up and it could have been over by hole 10 but every time I had a bad shot I would think "remember what @KY Golfer said, Relax and forget about this hole/shot". I think @vdubtx can blame @KY Golfer for me pushing our round and me battling back as much as I did because I had the KY Golfer's voice in my head the whole round telling me to "forget this shot and move on to the next one."

My final shoutout is to THP and Cobra/Puma for an absolutely amazing event. Everything was flawless, the gear is amazing, and the experience will never be forgotten. That being said a special shout out for @JB as I rolled up on the Saturday morning round first teebox, 3W in hand, I heard him give me crap about pulling the 3W, after I striped one down the fairway it took a lot for me not to turn to the camera and give you the stare down middle finger walk off the teebox. That being said when I pulled 3W again on the first of Sunday singles and I topped it not once but twice you kindly suggested I pick up my ball and concede the hole. You saying that didn't come across as "Max you have zero chance of winning this hole" but instead it came across as "Max I want you to have fun, move on and reset", that really meant a lot to me and went a long way. You did that to me on a later hole as well saying "it was exactly what you needed to do but you just caught an unlucky bounce", so thank you for giving me the constructive criticism and suggestions.

In closing, I'll answer the original question. Go check out the video on hole one in the alt shot....Spoiler alert, my most memorable shot wasn't the shot off the tee. ;)

Thank you again THP for one hell of a ride!

******* LOVE this GUY!!!

Watching you take it all in during the weekend is why this place is the best and it's The effing MORGAN CUP!!!!

Saturday morning golf I got to play with my guy @vdubtx. I don't think he ever stopped smiling the entire weekend. Our round vs @Jmk202 and @H8tobogie was full of everything. We had some ups and downs but we never didn't have fun. What an absolute pleasure playing with you. I have a feeling after you get that driver swing dialed in your cap is going to drop next year. I was a little bummed we didn't secure that full point for you, if I had that last shot back I would have done it differently but I have to tip my cap to my guys Jake and Dade. We had a big lead early and you guys could have packed up shop but never did, kept fighting and clawed your way back to get that half point. That shot on 18 by @H8tobogie from the rough with people watching was so so good. Getting to know you guys over the weekend was fun, just flat out fun. I will at some point visit that big state of Texas and play a round with each of you guaranteed.

Saturday afternoon alt shot with @Parrot and @e1iterate was a battle. My partner @MarMill8412 and I ham and egged it well. The match was full of ups and downs as well but I don't think anyone thought they were going to run away with it. By now you have already heard about the way that match ended but I would be remiss if I didn't mention our little chat we had with that 15 min delay on the tee at 7. That was something I won't forget and wanted you guys to know what that meant. To my boy Will, dude you are such a great dude, your jokes and your infectious laugh all weekend was so much fun to be around. For those that didn't catch it he was the guy who brought the badass rocks glass with the MC logo on it for the team. Every time I take a sip of bourbon from that glass I will remember this weekend (as long as its not from AZ 🤣)

If you haven't caught on by now EVERYONE and I mean that to a T was a fantastic human being. You guys made this weekend even more special than I could have imagined.

Next up pizza party and Sunday singles...

Saturday morning golf I got to play with my guy @vdubtx. I don't think he ever stopped smiling the entire weekend. Our round vs @Jmk202 and @H8tobogie was full of everything. We had some ups and downs but we never didn't have fun. What an absolute pleasure playing with you. I have a feeling after you get that driver swing dialed in your cap is going to drop next year. I was a little bummed we didn't secure that full point for you, if I had that last shot back I would have done it differently but I have to tip my cap to my guys Jake and Dade. We had a big lead early and you guys could have packed up shop but never did, kept fighting and clawed your way back to get that half point. That shot on 18 by @H8tobogie from the rough with people watching was so so good. Getting to know you guys over the weekend was fun, just flat out fun. I will at some point visit that big state of Texas and play a round with each of you guaranteed.

Saturday afternoon alt shot with @Parrot and @e1iterate was a battle. My partner @MarMill8412 and I ham and egged it well. The match was full of ups and downs as well but I don't think anyone thought they were going to run away with it. By now you have already heard about the way that match ended but I would be remiss if I didn't mention our little chat we had with that 15 min delay on the tee at 7. That was something I won't forget and wanted you guys to know what that meant. To my boy Will, dude you are such a great dude, your jokes and your infectious laugh all weekend was so much fun to be around. For those that didn't catch it he was the guy who brought the badass rocks glass with the MC logo on it for the team. Every time I take a sip of bourbon from that glass I will remember this weekend (as long as its not from AZ 🤣)

If you haven't caught on by now EVERYONE and I mean that to a T was a fantastic human being. You guys made this weekend even more special than I could have imagined.

I'm loving these recaps and getting to re-live the experience with you cap!!

The Morgan Cup:

Thank you to everyone that was involved to set this all up. JB, Morgan, Yags, Jose, and Rachel all did a fantastic job organizing this event in a tumultuous time. Yags and Jose pushed for it to happen and I am so glad it did. CPG is a wonderful company and all the gear and apparel was on point. Really felt like Tour Pros out there even though not all shots were Tour Pro quality.

I won a Golden Ticket December 14. I knew if I ever won I would use it on The Morgan Cup. I announced my selection on Jan 1 and immediately got a PM from @KY Golfer and @jdtox of congratulations and welcome aboard! @OITW also sent a PM as well. From there on, as more teammates got selected we started a google hangout. We chatted most every day just seeing how things were going and what to expect. I believe it made our team connected and strong. It has been an incredible journey to be with you guys. Finally meeting in Las Vegas and hanging out is hard to put into words. I appreciate all the support and comradery we shared. I would play with you guys any time any where (unless wife says no...) but even then maybe try and sneak out! The banter and late night bourbon was something I will always remember. Don't sleep on the peanut butter whiskey.

@jdtox Thank you for being a great captain. I know it is not easy leading a group of people you have never met. You did it with style and grace. I am glad we were able to perform and get you back next year. You lead Team Paradise to victory! Forever we will be Morgan Cup champions!

@LittleRat you are an incredible person. Thank you for taking the time out to golf with all of us. Being so giving with your time and knowledge is unbelievable. We will have to play again so I can really hear the trash talker that you are.

@Master Yagley you are also an incredible person. Thank you for taking time to play golf with all of us. ISU got us this year but it should be a different game in Norman next year.

To my teammates. Thanks for a weekend to remember. Every single one of you is a solid dude. I could hang out and play golf with each of you every day. @KY Golfer my bourbon buddy. I will have some funny memories with you. "Isn't Jason Day from Australia" I will never forget. @vdubtx always great playing golf with you. It was great to ride with you during the singles match. @Duffer Waldorf it was great to meet you. Even though you came in late you gelled with the team so well! @ToddJ027b thanks for putting up with me as a roommate and shuttling me around to the hotel and liquor store. @oumagic the sooner magic really came out on Sunday. I am glad all that bulletin board material paid off! There is so much more I could say about each one of you! Post is getting a little long though...

Team Hackers. It was great to meet all of you guys. I enjoyed my time with each and every one of you. Didn't get to play with a couple of you guys but will hopefully remedy that at some point. The people is what makes this event so special. WE had 16 unbelievable dudes to spend a weekend of golf with. I know everyone says it but this is so much more than golf. Ill sign off for now. Recap of golf will come later!

You did take today off didn't you? :LOL: Crushing the recaps buddy.

AZ whiskey.... literally laughing right now just thinking about that. Poor @oumagic

Back