LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

In case he’s confused I’m not in ANY of them.

@JB when did you steal Yags glasses and a hackers outfit though?
🤣🤣 I swear @MarMill8412 was sitting in that exact same spot on the wall next to his bag. Never saw him move. Of course immediately after I realized it was you I knew @JB would have a response 😂

Hey THP,

Just got here to Chicago and have a little time before I leave for Louisville. So on my flight I had some time to think about what just happened this past weekend and the last 10 months really. I’m sorry for the long winded post but anyone who has experienced a THP experience and especially the MC, knows there’s a lot of people to thank!!

As everyone knows, 2020 has been a pretty crappy and stressful time for most. The Morgan Cup was always a bright spot in my mind. Being the first member selected to Team Paradise was amazing. Yeah I had to wait a little while, but it was worth every single second and then some.

So first off, I can’t thank @JB @GolferGal @LittleRat @Master Yagley and Rachel enough for one of the best weekends of my life. What THP and CPG did for all of us thru a very difficult time in the world right now was give us a since of normalcy and far beyond. The fact that safety was at the forefront shows just how much they care for their members. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!

To my captain @jdtox. THANK YOU!! From day one of my selection you were there for everything. You showed us all what the Morgan Cup means to you, what THP means to you and last but not least what your team means to you. Yes it’s a competition you want to win, but not to the detriment of THP, CPG or Team Hackers. I’m beyond ecstatic for you that we were able to get this done and that you will be returning to captain Team Paradise in the 2021 Morgan Cup. You’re a class act my friend and I know we will be getting together as soon as possible.

To our assistant captain @LittleRat . THANK YOU!! Your knowledge and passion for the game of golf is unlike any other. The fact that you take the time out of your busy schedule to help some regular joe weekender’s as much as you did us just blows my mind. Hell everything about this blows my mind. Happy we all could even the score for you and get that Cup back in your hands.

To my other Team Paradise teammates @oumagic @vdubtx @ToddJ027b @MarMill8412 & @Duffer Waldorf . You are one helluva group of guys. Great golfers, but most importantly even better people. The 10 month journey was amazing but it won’t end here. We are now a family that will last forever. It was my honor to stand by your side and being home the 2020 Morgan Cup. Damn that sounds good doesn’t it. #TeamParadise4Life

To @OITW @Master Yagley and the rest of Team Hackers. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and sharing this journey we have taken. Even the butt kicking OU & I took from Yags and Baylr. We have joined the brotherhood and will be linked in the history of the Morgan Cup, not as winners or losers, but as lucky individuals who got to take part in what I consider the greatest golf experience a weekend golfer can partake. I look forward to the day I can tee it up with all of you again. It’s gonna happen.

To @JDax @chefkritter & @Canadan, thank you for all of your hard work on the odds and live streams for this experience. It was cool to share it with you as well. It’s not really my cup of tea but I had a blast. Now I look forward to following both of you in the very near future.

To the THP forum, the greatest forum in the world. Thank you for taking the time out of your lives to follow along with us for almost the last year. You guys killed it and I hope you feel the same about us. It was exciting to try and keep up with everything and I’m going to go thru the entire thread again very soon. Thanks for all of the support. It’s truly appreciated.

And last but most importantly I want to thank my Wife for pretty much forcing me to go. I had 99.9% convinced myself to back out of the Morgan Cup due to Covid and her health. I’m still to this moment not sure I should’ve went. I owe her massively because I couldn’t imagine missing out on the people and everything else the Morgan Cup has to offer. I can’t wait to get back home to my family and share the stories.

In closing....Do I want to be a Tour Player? You bet your @$$ I do and so should every single one of you.

Hey THP,

Just got here to Chicago and have a little time before I leave for Louisville. So on my flight I had some time to think about what just happened this past weekend and the last 10 months really. I’m sorry for the long winded post but anyone who has experienced a THP experience and especially the MC, knows there’s a lot of people to thank!!

As everyone knows, 2020 has been a pretty crappy and stressful time for most. The Morgan Cup was always a bright spot in my mind. Being the first member selected to Team Paradise was amazing. Yeah I had to wait a little while, but it was worth every single second and then some.

So first off, I can’t thank @JB @GolferGal @LittleRat @Master Yagley and Rachel enough for one of the best weekends of my life. What THP and CPG did for all of us thru a very difficult time in the world right now was give us a since of normalcy and far beyond. The fact that safety was at the forefront shows just how much they care for their members. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!

To my captain @jdtox. THANK YOU!! From day one of my selection you were there for everything. You showed us all what the Morgan Cup means to you, what THP means to you and last but not least what your team means to you. Yes it’s a competition you want to win, but not to the detriment of THP, CPG or Team Hackers. I’m beyond ecstatic for you that we were able to get this done and that you will be returning to captain Team Paradise in the 2021 Morgan Cup. You’re a class act my friend and I know we will be getting together as soon as possible.

To our assistant captain @LittleRat . THANK YOU!! Your knowledge and passion for the game of golf is unlike any other. The fact that you take the time out of your busy schedule to help some regular joe weekender’s as much as you did us just blows my mind. Hell everything about this blows my mind. Happy we all could even the score for you and get that Cup back in your hands.

To my other Team Paradise teammates @oumagic @vdubtx @ToddJ027b @MarMill8412 & @Duffer Waldorf . You are one helluva group of guys. Great golfers, but most importantly even better people. The 10 month journey was amazing but it won’t end here. We are now a family that will last forever. It was my honor to stand by your side and being home the 2020 Morgan Cup. Damn that sounds good doesn’t it. #TeamParadise4Life

To @OITW @Master Yagley and the rest of Team Hackers. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and sharing this journey we have taken. Even the butt kicking OU & I took from Yags and Baylr. We have joined the brotherhood and will be linked in the history of the Morgan Cup, not as winners or losers, but as lucky individuals who got to take part in what I consider the greatest golf experience a weekend golfer can partake. I look forward to the day I can tee it up with all of you again. It’s gonna happen.

To @JDax @chefkritter & @Canadan, thank you for all of your hard work on the odds and live streams for this experience. It was cool to share it with you as well. It’s not really my cup of tea but I had a blast. Now I look forward to following both of you in the very near future.

To the THP forum, the greatest forum in the world. Thank you for taking the time out of your lives to follow along with us for almost the last year. You guys killed it and I hope you feel the same about us. It was exciting to try and keep up with everything and I’m going to go thru the entire thread again very soon. Thanks for all of the support. It’s truly appreciated.

And last but most importantly I want to thank my Wife for pretty much forcing me to go. I had 99.9% convinced myself to back out of the Morgan Cup due to Covid and her health. I’m still to this moment not sure I should’ve went. I owe her massively because I couldn’t imagine missing out on the people and everything else the Morgan Cup has to offer. I can’t wait to get back home to my family and share the stories.

In closing....Do I want to be a Tour Player? You bet your @$$ I do and so should every single one of you.
You don’t have to want it anymore...you are a tour player.

Hey THP,

9F61CDCD-697B-437C-BA50-2F7B9B90E55C.gif
Well said... You were an awesome representative of the community... I’ll never forget “The Concession”...

Hey THP,

I’m so glad your wife made you go. You needed that my man. Now we gotta get together over some drinks so you can tell me all about it

Hey THP,

We should be thanking you and @e1iterate for providing us with a gesture that pretty much symbolizes everything good and right about this community. (y)

Hey THP,

To all who participated in the MC, supported the MC and contributed to this thread. Thanks for a great and entertaining 5 days of entertainment, or is it 6. ;) You all rock.

I just got home and love reading the recaps, but can’t bring myself to write anything down yet. I want to pretend we are all meeting up for pizza and drinks in a few and I will get back to reality tomorrow.

I just got home and love reading the recaps, but can’t bring myself to write anything down yet. I want to pretend we are all meeting up for pizza and drinks in a few and I will get back to reality tomorrow.
Nothing wrong with this thought process!

Reading about the teams has me remembering my event last year and excited for 2021! Each and everyone get it! Keep the live thread going when you remember a cool moment!

Team Paradise:

Congrats on the W boys, enjoy it, very well deserved, I know next year's Hackers will be champing at the bit to take it back.

@vdubtx we didn't get to tee it up on the course or spend too much time off it during the weekend, it was a whirlwind, but every time I saw you, you had a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye and it was glorious to see how much fun you were having. Glad to have met you and we'll definitely have to get a round in sometime if I make it to TX. You're also a wicked good dude for taking care of your aunt around the house when you come to Vegas.

@MarMill8412 was a fun time facing off with you and Jos in Shamble on Saturday, also great that THP finally brought another Asian to an experience. Even crazier that we were all in the same 4some for a round, what are the odds :LOL: (or @jdtox just got confused again :D)? You had us all rolling laughing, you definitely brought the laughs and an outgoing personality to a quieter paradise team. Your game is solid and consistent and you were definitely tough to play against, we won't tell Jos, but pretty sure you carried him for a few holes. Looking forward to getting to tee it up with you again - signed, sincerely, The Faster Asian

@Duffer Waldorf aka Duffer Stuffer, you were the loudest and most obnoxious member of team paradise, always cutting people off, dominating the conversation and as matter of fact being the loudest guy on the patio and with this group, that is a pretty tall task to accomplish! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Actually no, Duffer Stuff (I'm going to call you this forever) was quiet humble and damned if he wasn't the most consistent golfer I shared the course with the entire weekend, through 9 holes of Alt Shot, I think he had half of a bad shot (not looking at you @KY Golfer :love:) Super consistent and golfed his ball - he said his best shot was from the rocks on 4 - I think his best shot was a 70 yard sidehill lie with a wedge on 6 that he "Stuffed" in there to put the pressure on us. Absolute pleasure talking to you and getting to know you over the course of the weekend (when I could get a word in ;) ) Really glad your family was safe and avoided the hurricane and you were able to get out as well. Another one that I would tee it up any time with.

@oumagic we didn't get to tee it up this weekend, which was a bummer, since from the buildup, every post of mine was an affront to you and team paradise and I'm assuming you stopped counting because you ran out of bulletin board space. Glad you were able to recover and from your injury, seeing you applying the theragun post shot during singles showed the resolve and character you had to continue playing regardless of the pain. I'm hoping with your tournament winnings you can afford a new cell phone and thus improve your live updating :laughing: - Funny story for those of you who weren't there, after a late return from the Casino, myself and @KY Golfer stumbled upon two security guards going to their (KY & OU) room, because the door was propped open, we tried to get them to go in and mess with you and they said they would have any other year but this year... so missed opportunity and another thing to add to your board ha! Hopefully I can get down to AZ and tee it up with you guys in one of your get togethers, I won't play you for money though as my guy @phoffer said you're a sandbagger 🎤

@ToddJ027b I'm happy that @jdtox forced me into switching the pairings on Sunday and getting to enjoy the day with you (was still drunk for the first 8 holes, but you know still fun 🤪 I had so much fun watching you stripe iron after iron on Sunday - I mean I didn't and I'm sure my cartner didn't either LOL, but your iron play was incredible, also I got a kick watching you spin your shots back for most of the day, and then on 9 when you told me you play the XV because it's the perfect spin for you, had me 🤯 I want to know how much you rip the really spinny balls back. Your Sandy on 7 was freaking incredible. But I think the coolest thing and JB mentioned it before was seeing how blown away you were at the entire experience. Seeing you smile as big as you and just continually be amazed at the entire weekend. Glad you made it back safe (5 hours driving is no joke) and hopefully I can tee it up with you in Utah sometime, get Maxy and my guy @Tenputt in there and make it a party!

@KY Golfer you had the entire group well lubricated for dinner and beyond, Saturday and as you know well into Sunday AM. Was fantastic hanging out with you at the Casino, thanks for having my back and assisting me with basic addition during Blackjack, I made a good chunk of change back that I lost during craps earlier and on Friday lol. It would have been amazing if those security guys had done us a solid on @oumagic ha! Getting to face off with you and Duffer Stuffer during Alt Shot on Saturday was fun, if you like getting your ass whooped HAHAHA, your swing is fantastic and tempo perfect, tee to green you were lights out, definitely need to tee it up with you in KY or the Natti in the future. Also give your wife a hug and kiss from all of us for being the Saint that she is for "forcing" you to come because it definitely wouldn't have been the same if you had to back out.

@LittleRat f**k YOU, 14-1 in #TheMorganCup "it's FINE" this freaking guys is the best from his sense of humor, quick wit (half of the fun of this experience is listening to him and @JB verbally eviscerate each other) Him and I have a history, as you know if you have watched the live stream, prior to 2020 he had Beaten Off In The Woods once, but lucky for him, and really showing how 2020 can go f**k itself for me, he got to Beat Off In The Woods not even twice in the year, but twice in the DAMN weekend!!! Probably why he was so chipper on Sunday after doing it once Friday and Saturday. Seriously though, the ultimate competitor is also the ultimate human, such a great guy, as most of the guys in the experience this year on either team will attest, he'll take your lunch money, but he'll also take the time to help guys either with their swing or dialing in there equipment, he did that for me all the way back in 2016 and he does it to this day( i guess if he's taking your lunch money you're really paying for the lessons/fittings :LOL::LOL::LOL:) Definitely look forward to teeing it up and trash talking him in the future.

Last but definitely not least, El Capitan de paraiso @jdtox he mentioned it in his recap, but when Jetblue screwed my flights and I was coming in early he did the only thing a friend would do and changed his and came in early too. We had a blast playing Reflection Bay which was a great way to kickoff his birthday weekend (Spoiler Alert, you all know how Sunday ended so I don't feel bad laying it down on him for his birthday, what are friends for:LOL::ROFLMAO:) What all of his guys have said and a few of the Hackers have said is 100% true of him, me coming into the Captain's role late in the year, he definitely was a great resource when I had a question or anything like that and I appreciate the many questions that he answered. J definitely embodies what it is to be a THPer, but more importantly is a fantastic person and I'm glad that I can call him a friend. Also how about that ham and egging the live stream!? Regular Laurel and Hardy/Abbot and Costello duo right there :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Congrats to you my friend, if I lost the cup, it couldn't have gone back to a better guy, enjoy the ride next year!

594A8FFC-390C-45AC-B3D9-EDDCEB47D1A7.jpeg

Team Paradise:

Congrats on the W boys, enjoy it, very well deserved, I know next year's Hackers will be champing at the bit to take it back.

@vdubtx we didn't get to tee it up on the course or spend too much time off it during the weekend, it was a whirlwind, but every time I saw you, you had a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye and it was glorious to see how much fun you were having. Glad to have met you and we'll definitely have to get a round in sometime if I make it to TX. You're also a wicked good dude for taking care of your aunt around the house when you come to Vegas.

@MarMill8412 was a fun time facing off with you and Jos in Shamble on Saturday, also great that THP finally brought another Asian to an experience. Even crazier that we were all in the same 4some for a round, what are the odds :LOL: (or @jdtox just got confused again :D)? You had us all rolling laughing, you definitely brought the laughs and an outgoing personality to a quieter paradise team. Your game is solid and consistent and you were definitely tough to play against, we won't tell Jos, but pretty sure you carried him for a few holes. Looking forward to getting to tee it up with you again - signed, sincerely, The Faster Asian

@Duffer Waldorf aka Duffer Stuffer, you were the loudest and most obnoxious member of team paradise, always cutting people off, dominating the conversation and as matter of fact being the loudest guy on the patio and with this group, that is a pretty tall task to accomplish! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Actually no, Duffer Stuff (I'm going to call you this forever) was quiet humble and damned if he wasn't the most consistent golfer I shared the course with the entire weekend, through 9 holes of Alt Shot, I think he had half of a bad shot (not looking at you @KY Golfer :love:) Super consistent and golfed his ball - he said his best shot was from the rocks on 4 - I think his best shot was a 70 yard sidehill lie with a wedge on 6 that he "Stuffed" in there to put the pressure on us. Absolute pleasure talking to you and getting to know you over the course of the weekend (when I could get a word in ;) ) Really glad your family was safe and avoided the hurricane and you were able to get out as well. Another one that I would tee it up any time with.

@oumagic we didn't get to tee it up this weekend, which was a bummer, since from the buildup, every post of mine was an affront to you and team paradise and I'm assuming you stopped counting because you ran out of bulletin board space. Glad you were able to recover and from your injury, seeing you applying the theragun post shot during singles showed the resolve and character you had to continue playing regardless of the pain. I'm hoping with your tournament winnings you can afford a new cell phone and thus improve your live updating :laughing: - Funny story for those of you who weren't there, after a late return from the Casino, myself and @KY Golfer stumbled upon two security guards going to their (KY & OU) room, because the door was propped open, we tried to get them to go in and mess with you and they said they would have any other year but this year... so missed opportunity and another thing to add to your board ha! Hopefully I can get down to AZ and tee it up with you guys in one of your get togethers, I won't play you for money though as my guy @phoffer said you're a sandbagger 🎤

@ToddJ027b I'm happy that @jdtox forced me into switching the pairings on Sunday and getting to enjoy the day with you (was still drunk for the first 8 holes, but you know still fun 🤪 I had so much fun watching you stripe iron after iron on Sunday - I mean I didn't and I'm sure my cartner didn't either LOL, but your iron play was incredible, also I got a kick watching you spin your shots back for most of the day, and then on 9 when you told me you play the XV because it's the perfect spin for you, had me 🤯 I want to know how much you rip the really spinny balls back. Your Sandy on 7 was freaking incredible. But I think the coolest thing and JB mentioned it before was seeing how blown away you were at the entire experience. Seeing you smile as big as you and just continually be amazed at the entire weekend. Glad you made it back safe (5 hours driving is no joke) and hopefully I can tee it up with you in Utah sometime, get Maxy and my guy @Tenputt in there and make it a party!

@KY Golfer you had the entire group well lubricated for dinner and beyond, Saturday and as you know well into Sunday AM. Was fantastic hanging out with you at the Casino, thanks for having my back and assisting me with basic addition during Blackjack, I made a good chunk of change back that I lost during craps earlier and on Friday lol. It would have been amazing if those security guys had done us a solid on @oumagic ha! Getting to face off with you and Duffer Stuffer during Alt Shot on Saturday was fun, if you like getting your ass whooped HAHAHA, your swing is fantastic and tempo perfect, tee to green you were lights out, definitely need to tee it up with you in KY or the Natti in the future. Also give your wife a hug and kiss from all of us for being the Saint that she is for "forcing" you to come because it definitely wouldn't have been the same if you had to back out.

@LittleRat **** YOU, 14-1 in #TheMorganCup "it's FINE" this freaking guys is the best from his sense of humor, quick wit (half of the fun of this experience is listening to him and @JB verbally eviscerate each other) Him and I have a history, as you know if you have watched the live stream, prior to 2020 he had Beaten Off In The Woods once, but lucky for him, and really showing how 2020 can go **** itself for me, he got to Beat Off In The Woods not even twice in the year, but twice in the DAMN weekend!!! Probably why he was so chipper on Sunday after doing it once Friday and Saturday. Seriously though, the ultimate competitor is also the ultimate human, such a great guy, as most of the guys in the experience this year on either team will attest, he'll take your lunch money, but he'll also take the time to help guys either with their swing or dialing in there equipment, he did that for me all the way back in 2016 and he does it to this day( i guess if he's taking your lunch money you're really paying for the lessons/fittings :LOL::LOL::LOL:) Definitely look forward to teeing it up and trash talking him in the future.

Last but definitely not least, El Capitan de paraiso @jdtox he mentioned it in his recap, but when Jetblue screwed my flights and I was coming in early he did the only thing a friend would do and changed his and came in early too. We had a blast playing Reflection Bay which was a great way to kickoff his birthday weekend (Spoiler Alert, you all know how Sunday ended so I don't feel bad laying it down on him for his birthday, what are friends for:LOL::ROFLMAO:) What all of his guys have said and a few of the Hackers have said is 100% true of him, me coming into the Captain's role late in the year, he definitely was a great resource when I had a question or anything like that and I appreciate the many questions that he answered. J definitely embodies what it is to be a THPer, but more importantly is a fantastic person and I'm glad that I can call him a friend. Also how about that ham and egging the live stream!? Regular Laurel and Hardy/Abbot and Costello duo right there :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Congrats to you my friend, if I lost the cup, it couldn't have gone back to a better guy, enjoy the ride next year!
Lol thanks for throwing me under the bus Alex. @oumagic that's quite the opposite of the conversation. @OITW come on down here I'll take you for match play and we'll even go straight up

@LittleRat **** YOU, 14-1 in #TheMorganCup "it's FINE" this freaking guys is the best from his sense of humor, quick wit (half of the fun of this experience is listening to him and @JB verbally eviscerate each other) Him and I have a history, as you know if you have watched the live stream, prior to 2020 he had Beaten Off In The Woods once, but lucky for him, and really showing how 2020 can go **** itself for me, he got to Beat Off In The Woods not even twice in the year, but twice in the DAMN weekend!!! Probably why he was so chipper on Sunday after doing it once Friday and Saturday. Seriously though, the ultimate competitor is also the ultimate human, such a great guy, as most of the guys in the experience this year on either team will attest, he'll take your lunch money, but he'll also take the time to help guys either with their swing or dialing in there equipment, he did that for me all the way back in 2016 and he does it to this day( i guess if he's taking your lunch money you're really paying for the lessons/fittings :LOL::LOL::LOL:) Definitely look forward to teeing it up and trash talking him in the future.

Who is the 1 in 14-1?

Death, Taxes, & The Little Rat at The Morgan Cup...

I almost took @Jmk202 up on it when he wanted to bet on himself in the odds thread at +320 bc he felt disrespected.... I told him that no disrespect, it’s just that he drew The Rat...

Who is the 1 in 14-1?

I almost took @Jmk202 up on it when he wanted to bet on himself in the odds thread at +320 bc he felt disrespected.... I told him that no disrespect, it’s just that he drew The Rat...
I believe it’s @Master Yagley

Lol thanks for throwing me under the bus Alex. @oumagic that's quite the opposite of the conversation. @OITW come on down here I'll take you for match play and we'll even go straight up

Who is the 1 in 14-1?

Great question.

I think J needed to chirp him more when he was down 🍆

I’m so glad your wife made you go. You needed that my man. Now we gotta get together over some drinks so you can tell me all about it

Hey THP,

I know i am on vacation out here in New Mexico and Arizona, but thank you for allowing me to follow long while making my wife and her friend Kelly think they are me center of attention. Squiring them around National Parks while reading the MC....we done gentlemen, well done!

Since none of the participants showed up to my imaginary party, I might as well jot some things down. Such a great weekend. Such good equipment. The best internet golfers (and even a few real ones) in the world.

It has been a long time since selection and Morgan Cup talk daily with the team will be sorely missed. Dealing with @OITW forum jabs will be missed less, but being honest, I will miss that too.

Many of our team had a lot of things going on this year and I am so glad that most got to make it despite circumstances that threatened attendance. We missed @jfrigo1003 but @Duffer Waldorf was a fantastic addition. I am appreciative that my team never once questioned why I was still going to play with a health issue and I am glad that I stuck with it when the doc had doubts. It literally was the best weekend of golf I have ever had. I consider the 2020 MC attendees as friends, and as good as the equipment is, having a drink and talking with friends is something to cherish.

I loved playing the practice round with teammates and I had fun that day getting to play with Jose. Friday night dinner was a blast and that is when the event felt real. The cool gear we received at dinner was more than I could take in. Crazy cool that this thing happens to normal people.

The Saturday match against Yagley/Baylr was tough. I was so nervous on the first tee that I hit a worm burner, but my partner @KY Golfer came through all day with some great drives. @Master Yagley and @baylrballa were just on fire; they shot -6 and we just didn’t make birdies to ever get into that match. The afternoon alt shot @vdubtx and I were more competitive, but again @Master Yagley and @maxw72 got off to a blistering start.

Singles Sunday deserves its own thread and I may do that at some point. That said, it was impressive how @Parrot came back in that match and took it to the 17th hole. Match play is so different than stroke play. Things I didn’t do well in the match on Saturday, I did better on Sunday and I had @LittleRat in the cart to coach me along in the strategy of match play to squeak out a victory.

The patio discussion at the end of the competition was maybe my favorite part. I loved everything about the weekend and words cannot express the fun I had on and off the course. I have thanked everyone in person except @GolferGal, so thanks again for this wonderful experience.

One last shoutout to my good friend @KY Golfer. You made the weekend special and thank your wife for making you go. Your family is in our prayers.

This actually happened to me. I played with and against some legends in the industry. I competed against fierce competitors and had a blast. Get your 2021 Albatross membership and maybe it will happen to you?
E9AEF8F2-D185-4046-A663-2EF4DFD583EE.jpeg

Saturday morning golf I got to play with my guy @vdubtx. I don't think he ever stopped smiling the entire weekend. Our round vs @Jmk202 and @H8tobogie was full of everything. We had some ups and downs but we never didn't have fun. What an absolute pleasure playing with you. I have a feeling after you get that driver swing dialed in your cap is going to drop next year. I was a little bummed we didn't secure that full point for you, if I had that last shot back I would have done it differently but I have to tip my cap to my guys Jake and Dade. We had a big lead early and you guys could have packed up shop but never did, kept fighting and clawed your way back to get that half point. That shot on 18 by @H8tobogie from the rough with people watching was so so good. Getting to know you guys over the weekend was fun, just flat out fun. I will at some point visit that big state of Texas and play a round with each of you guaranteed.

Saturday afternoon alt shot with @Parrot and @e1iterate was a battle. My partner @MarMill8412 and I ham and egged it well. The match was full of ups and downs as well but I don't think anyone thought they were going to run away with it. By now you have already heard about the way that match ended but I would be remiss if I didn't mention our little chat we had with that 15 min delay on the tee at 7. That was something I won't forget and wanted you guys to know what that meant. To my boy Will, dude you are such a great dude, your jokes and your infectious laugh all weekend was so much fun to be around. For those that didn't catch it he was the guy who brought the badass rocks glass with the MC logo on it for the team. Every time I take a sip of bourbon from that glass I will remember this weekend (as long as its not from AZ 🤣)

If you haven't caught on by now EVERYONE and I mean that to a T was a fantastic human being. You guys made this weekend even more special than I could have imagined.

Next up pizza party and Sunday singles...
Cap, I thoroughly enjoyed playing with you. When you posted the matchups in our group chat, I was really excited that I was going to be paired up with you the first day. Knew there was a chance it might change, and glad it didn't. You can really put a hurt on a golf ball and I enjoyed watching your laser straight drives.

For my first time playing any kind of shamble/scramble etc you indulged my questions to be sure I knew all of the rules. When I did make good shots you were there with a fist bump and a smile. When I made a bad shot, there was always a fist bump and an encouraging word to get me back on track and on to the next shot. That is one thing I learned from another game that we both have in common with bowling, is that you can't dwell on the last shot, you can only be prepared for the next one.

Bad shots, good shots, I was still out there and having the time of my life with great company and teammates. While out on the most amazing course I had played in my short golf life, I just kept thinking to myself how lucky I was to be in the position I was in and to have fun and just do what I could to help the team. I had an absolute blast out there, no doubt about it.

The shamble match we were in with @H8tobogie and @Jmk202 will be one that I will not forget any time soon. Both of these guys are great people and have great games. I enjoyed the conversations and golf that was played that day for sure. They played incredibly well down the stretch to get the match tied back up on that final hole. That absolutely epic dagger shot from @H8tobogie out of the rough, wow, that was impressive. Hats off to you Dade on that shot 👊.

Since none of the participants showed up to my imaginary party, I might as well jot some things down. Such a great weekend. Such good equipment. The best internet golfers (and even a few real ones) in the world.

It has been a long time since selection and Morgan Cup talk daily with the team will be sorely missed. Dealing with @OITW forum jabs will be missed less, but being honest, I will miss that too.

Many of our team had a lot of things going on this year and I am so glad that most got to make it despite circumstances that threatened attendance. We missed @jfrigo1003 but @Duffer Waldorf was a fantastic addition. I am appreciative that my team never once questioned why I was still going to play with a health issue and I am glad that I stuck with it when the doc had doubts. It literally was the best weekend of golf I have ever had. I consider the 2020 MC attendees as friends, and as good as the equipment is, having a drink and talking with friends is something to cherish.

I loved playing the practice round with teammates and I had fun that day getting to play with Jose. Friday night dinner was a blast and that is when the event felt real. The cool gear we received at dinner was more than I could take in. Crazy cool that this thing happens to normal people.

The Saturday match against Yagley/Baylr was tough. I was so nervous on the first tee that I hit a worm burner, but my partner @KY Golfer came through all day with some great drives. @Master Yagley and @baylrballa were just on fire; they shot -6 and we just didn’t make birdies to ever get into that match. The afternoon alt shot @vdubtx and I were more competitive, but again @Master Yagley and @maxw72 got off to a blistering start.

Singles Sunday deserves its own thread and I may do that at some point. That said, it was impressive how @Parrot came back in that match and took it to the 17th hole. Match play is so different than stroke play. Things I didn’t do well in the match on Saturday, I did better on Sunday and I had @LittleRat in the cart to coach me along in the strategy of match play to squeak out a victory.

The patio discussion at the end of the competition was maybe my favorite part. I loved everything about the weekend and words cannot express the fun I had on and off the course. I have thanked everyone in person except @GolferGal, so thanks again for this wonderful experience.

One last shoutout to my good friend @KY Golfer. You made the weekend special and thank your wife for making you go. Your family is in our prayers.

This actually happened to me. I played with and against some legends in the industry. I competed against fierce competitors and had a blast. Get your 2021 Albatross membership and maybe it will happen to you?
View attachment 8969090

I can keep jabbing you daily... it will help me achieve the bold goal 😂 and give you motivation

Friday practice round was just amazing. From the time I walked up to the course and meeting all of my team mates for the first time, I never felt that we were strangers. Our time in the group chats the last 10 months made us gel from the very beginning when the teams were selected.

I got the chance to play with @oumagic , @ToddJ027b, and I knew I was in for a treat as I was getting the chance to play with Jose @LittleRat to round out our foursome. All of them are just really great people as well as great golfers. Always encouraging words and fist bumps throughout the day and some great conversations.

Watching @ToddJ027b just hit bomb after bomb whether it was on tee box or from fairway. Watching @oumagic hit his laser straight drives with a new shaft that I brought for him ;). Or watching Jose approach each and every hole with a plan of action of how to play it was incredible to watch. Watching Jose line up putts and walk the greens to read them was cool to see and learn from.

Jose had some great tips for me as we played and when I had found myself in some trouble. Whether it was off the tee, in some of that really fluffy rough, or trying to get myself out of sand. When I listened to his tips and put them into action, it simply works. He breaks things down into such a concise and easy to understand way I was able to implement them immediately.

Hey THP. I finally had some time to slow down and reflect on the weekend.

Let me start by saying that I have read every post event recap from years past, but coming out on the other side of this year’s event, I now understand the bonds that form among teams and the greatness that is the Morgan Cup. There is just nothing like it. While it is true that this event is so much more than winning, competition just isn’t the same without crowning a champion. With that said, big congrats to Team Paradise! You guys are great golfers and even better human beings! @jdtox – you rock my man! Loved competing against you and getting to know you over the weekend. @vdubtx , @LittleRat , @ToddJ027b, and @MarMill8412 – you guys are incredible competitors and were a pleasure to spend time with on the course! To those I did not get to play with… I still feel like we were all able to talk and get to know one another and I now consider each of you a friend. If any of you make it down to Austin, I would love to tee it up with any of you guys any time!

With everything happening in 2020, either THP or Cobra Puma Golf could have understandably pulled the plug on this event. The fact that they not only made this event happen, but went through the process of equipping another 5 players to make up for losses speaks to how passionate they are about THP and this event. Huge thank you to @JB, @GolferGal, @Master Yagley, @LittleRat, and Rachel for all they did to make us feel special and make this event a memory for a lifetime!

I also want to thank @JDax, @j_sizzle9, @chefkritter, and @Canadan for all you did to help make this event great for the THP community. And to those who jumped onto the live thread - your presence adds more than can know to the experience for us that are there.

Huge thanks to @OITW! You did a great job of stepping into the Captain role and keeping us focused, uplifted, and prepared throughout this long and uncertain year! I can say without a doubt that this event would not have been as special without all the hard work you put into this. I would play for you anytime!

@Master Yagley – you more than lived up to your legend! I really enjoyed getting to know you and cannot thank you enough for all you did for us with the equipment, the encouragement, and being a true friend and genuine person. Cobra Golf is lucky to have you… as is THP!

Finally, big thanks to all of Team Hackers! @maxw72 – you are a class act. I really enjoyed having you as my cartner on Sunday! I enjoyed watching you fight to the end in your match Sunday! @Jmk202 – you are my man! We were down 4 early in our shamble match and you kept grinding. I will never forget that shot you hit on the par 3 no 12 to get that birdie! @baylrballa – keeping with the theme for the weekend, we were down 3 early in our match and fought back to take them to the final hole and you gave us a chance by hitting an incredible shot from the desert to 18 feet. Hopefully we get to tee it up many more times! @Parrot – enjoyed playing The Wolf with you buddy and will hold you to a home and home golf/football weekend when our teams meet up! @e1iterate – I feel blessed to have gotten to know you! You are a fierce competitor and have a huge heart! As I said in Vegas, you all have a second home in Austin any time you want to visit!

Back