Why...just why?!?!

It would appear that the person driving the cart believed that where a ball can go, a cart can go.

Actual footage of @JDax ramming myself and @Jrt13 at the Ben Hogan event in Nashville.

Truth!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a good deterrent ..... just like a police car sitting on the side of the road without anyone in it. You always slow down, even though it's an empty car. Leave the cart there ... "Don't drive here" :oops:

But imagine if it worked out. Somewhere in his booze soaked brain he probably thought “if this goes like I think it will, I will be King of the Bros (first of his name)”. And that my friend is all the motivation one needs when Jack Daniels has been chirping you for 4 hours.

Played in a scramble with some buddies, it's been a while so I can't remember the course or what hole it was, but we were the B group on said hole which was the FIRST HOLE OF THE DAY. The entire hole played downhill pretty severely. The tee was elevated above and over a lake that then wrapped around the entire right side of the hole. The cart path was pretty steep downhill about 50 yards and made a 90 degree turn to go around the Lake. Group in front tee's off, the driver in the front cart was squealing brakes to keep from going in the lake and the driver in the back cart obviously wasn't paying attention because he Dukes of Hazarded straight into the Lake. I guess the steep downhill sign didn't help in this case. :oops:

The best part was the driver in the first cart riding back up to the tee box to tell us, "You guys should probably play thru". I lost it. :ROFLMAO:

Craziest thing I've been a part of regarding golf carts is me and my buddy were playing Scotland Run Golf Club a course we play about 10-15 times a year (so he has probably played it 100 times +). He was driving and on the the 10th hole we are driving down the cart path and it takes an almost 90 degree left turn then they had the entrance to the fairway (A right turn) right at the 90 degree left turn, well he tried to make that turn and ejected himself while driving from the golf cart, next thing I know I'm in the passenger seat alone heading towards the fairway... No idea how he did it, he doesn't drink lol.

I was making the walk up to the 12th green after getting dropped off and hitting in when I heard a crash. To protect the presumed guilty I’ll only say “playing partner”, well he crashed into a tree that he claimed jumped into him.

It broke the axle to the point that the passenger front tire was sticking out at a 45* angle.

We were 29 holes into the day and probably as many beers. We played the rest of the back nine gaining an interesting lesson in counter steering.

My ahem playing partner wasn’t willing to fess up to it and I damn sure wasn’t since I didn’t do it. It was unceremoniously left a short ways from the clubhouse.

I still feel guilty about that. Been about 20 years ago. I didn’t do it, I’d like to think if I had I’d have had the stones to walk in the clubhouse and face the music.

Back