What did you shoot today?

Had an okay round missed too many putts. Still walked away with a respectable 71. It was 83 degrees and a slight wind so it was nice day to play.

41 - 35 - 76. Struggled mightily out of the gate with 6 bogeys and 1 birdie in the first 7 holes. 4 birdies, 6 pars and 8 bogeys.

25 mph winds where fun today. 38/42=80 11 FIR 6 GIR and 31 putts. Driver was good and short game saved me from some blowup holes. Don't mind as it was fun to get out and be able to play.

We had about the same wind today. Certainly makes it more interesting.

[/QUOTE]
We had about the same wind today. Certainly makes it more interesting.

Same here. 16mph sustained gusting to 30mph. I hit full 8 iron into the wind on a 121 yard approach and was a bit short and a 6 iron from 217 and hit it over the green. :)

44/41-85 today. Gave up a few strokes, I actually felt like I could go lower, but happy to put together a solid round. 36 putts on awful crater greens, but hey it was only $30, the only course I could play on short notice, and 80° in November!
C3FD8B10-B0EB-4FEF-9D5A-BE1CC9E0A0ED.jpeg

63 on the little 6130 apartment course. Hit the new 21* X Forged UT off most par 4 & 5 tees (think I only hit driver 4 times) so I could hang back, add 500 yds or so, and work my new P7MCs into the greens. And man, did they do some work. I posted a bunch of vids in the live round thread, because I'm really dialed in right now, and those irons are a great match for it. Just casual fun with the wife and some strangers because I don't post rounds from there, but even taking it half seriously I got comments about my approach game. Think I had one miss over 18 feet. Going to resist the urge to put it to use in a match or two or go play some long ones right now. Want to stay cycled down a bit. Need a break and some hdcp relief. Going to head over to the new Taylormade thread though, because boy do I have some thoughts on those sticks.

Beautiful day, the course was moving at a pleasant pace, and the wife shot 53/48 with some bombs off the tee. I think she only missed a couple fairways. Couldn't putt today, but she played well, and had fun. Great little Sunday morning.

Last edited:
I should quit for the season after today. I shot the best round I have had in at least 10-12 years. I shot 69 from our white tees which is still 6600 yards. The weather was as good as it could possibly by especially for New England in November it was upper 60s with no wind which almost never happens. I opened with a 3 putt for bogey on 1 which. I almost never hit the green in 2 as it is a 450 yard par 4. I parred 2 then bogeyed 3 and proceeded to play the rest of the way in 4 under. I made birdies on 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 against 1 more bogey. I missed an 8 footer for birdie on 18 also.

It was the best day of iron play I have had all season. I have struggled missing my irons left all year. I few weeks ago I moved a bit closer to the ball and I flagged a bunch of irons today. All of my birdies were under 10 feet. I drove the ball well but I have been driving it well all year. I rolled the ball well but didn’t make anything goofy except for 1 10 foot par save.

What a fun day.

I should quit for the season after today. I shot the best round I have had in at least 10-12 years. I shot 69 from our white tees which is still 6600 yards. The weather was as good as it could possibly by especially for New England in November it was upper 60s with no wind which almost never happens. I opened with a 3 putt for bogey on 1 which. I almost never hit the green in 2 as it is a 450 yard par 4. I parred 2 then bogeyed 3 and proceeded to play the rest of the way in 4 under. I made birdies on 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 against 1 more bogey. I missed an 8 footer for birdie on 18 also.

It was the best day of iron play I have had all season. I have struggled missing my irons left all year. I few weeks ago I moved a bit closer to the ball and I flagged a bunch of irons today. All of my birdies were under 10 feet. I drove the ball well but I have been driving it well all year. I rolled the ball well but didn’t make anything goofy except for 1 10 foot par save.

What a fun day.
Heck of a round, man. Congrats.

Heck of a round, man. Congrats.

Thanks. It has been a long time since I have scored like that. With the exception of hitting a few irons close to the flag I didn’t do anything special except make the putts I needed and avoid doubles. Two of the bogeys I needed to get up and down to avoid a double one was a tap in after the chip and the other I made about a 10 footer. That was the longest putt I made all day.

92 with 39 putts. What could’ve been. :confused:

Had an ok game Saturday with a 94 - 45/49. What was weird was I would play Par and bogey for the most part, even got a nice birdie, yet still had some holes that cost me because of drops. I think I had two 7s and one 8 on the round.

Driver, irons, and putting were strong on the day, chipping was a little off though - not following through well. One of my drops was OOB left off a second shot with an easy iron from the middle of the fairway - yikes, not sure what even happened there. The others I just could not find the ball where it landed so had to drop.

Sometimes you have those aggravating situations where you and your buddy see the ball land and know exactly where it is, but get there and cannot locate it. I hit a super nice 5 wood about 230ish off the tee straight as an arrow on one hole and right in the fairway and the ball is nowhere to be found when we get there - so a drop it is. I saw some carts and have a suspicion it was picked up, yet who knows.

Course was super crowded and had a large amount of folks behind us so could not really spend a lot of time looking for balls that I knew were right there. Other than that the game was fairly stable and should have been probably high 80s for the score.

Shot 81, 83 on Saturday and shot an 81 on Sunday to end our outdoor season. Saturday's rounds were ok, greens were very bumpy and hard to read. Sunday's round was probably the best I hit my irons all year. Just couldn't get a putt to drop for birdie. Still a great way to end the year.

20201110_192220.jpg

Started with the overdraws today, and intermittently fought it throughout. Soft and breezy conditions, CPO, and some greens that were as tough as I've seen, made for some challenging shots, especially on recovery or from out of position. Ran into a few no win situations. Fun layout with a lot of elevation changes, really tight tee windows, and some blind approach shots. Felt pretty inconsistent t today with that draw. I definitely need to pick a shaft and go with it. Constantly trying to work shots in the wind with a mixed set of them was really challenging. Nice weather, 3:15 round, good company, and aside from being hit in the back with a ball from another hole, a decent day.

Last edited:
73 today and played in just over 2 hours. That’s a good day and it was 70 degrees in Michigan in November.

73 today and played in just over 2 hours. That’s a good day and it was 70 degrees in Michigan in November.
Great round!!!

41 - 35 - 76. Was a bit worn down as this was my 5th straight day and it showed on the many bad swings. 3 birdies, 8 pars and 7 bogeys.

41-43 with no warmup....game is a little off right now as I’m working on a few things after I had pga instructor do some swing analysis and spend some time with me. Trying to get a better impact position, avoid early extension and flipping which was robbing me of some distance. Now I’ve got some accuracy issues work in progress but isn’t it always?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53/43 - 96

Took the afternoon off to take advantage of a 68 degree day in November in upstate NY. At 64, I was the youngest in our group by 6, 10 and 10 years, and we had a great time, with nobody taking things too seriously. It 's been a long time since I was usually the longest driver in the group.

I couldn't get anything going at all on the front nine, and figured out what I was doing wrong on the 8th hole. Drives and irons were much better from there on in. I had only one decent chip/pitch the entire round, but lag putting saved me, with 18/14 - 32 putts. Made a 25 foot downhill curler on 18 to save par. If it doesn't go in, it's still rolling.

This round convinced me that I should be able to break 100 every time out, unless my game completely falls apart in every phase. That's a different expectation. It also convinced me that if I remember to hit certain checkpoints in my swing, I'll hit a pretty decent ball pretty consistently.

1605057223392.png

If this is my last outdoor round of 2020, I'm glad I went out playing the way I did with that 43 on the back. and my B- game overall.

Last edited:
37/45 for 82 today! Front nine was fantastic then got on the bogey train on the back and a few bad tee shots cost me some doubles. 1 birdie on the front though and just missed on another it lipped out. Brutal pace today at 4:45 so I just tried to roll with it and not let that bug me.

78. Was about 25 degrees colder than yesterday and tough winds.

83 (43-40) at Pinehurst #8. Greens were lightning fast, took me the entire front nine to finally get a feel for them (21 putts on front vs 16 on the back). 8/14 FIR and 8/18 GIR. One birdie and three doubles. Pleased overall with how I hit the ball. Pitching and chipping could’ve been a little better. Great day overall - always a treat to play #8.

After 1.5 hour frost delay shot a 94. Front nine was going great, then made the turn and I completely lost control of my driver. 43 front 51 back. Probably would of been better but was striking my irons really well which led 10 or so extra yards and flying greens.

Shot a 41/44-85 on a 6300ish yard par 70 layout. Not awful. Just had 5 holes that killed me. One ball OB lead to one of my triples. Had 3 doubles and one more triple to go with it.

43/39 for an 82. 7/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 27 putts including a zero putt, 8 one putts and 1 three putt (so you can tell I was scrambling like mad! :LOL:). It was a great day - we were playing as a twosome, got out just before a 10-man league, had the whole course wide open in front of us and finished in 2:50. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles. Narrowly missed another birdie on 10 when my putt from the fringe hit the flagstick, bounced out of the hole and left me with a 3 inch tap-in for par.

Back