Would this be an eagle?

Guy In Lyon

Reaction score
If I, or Tiger, were on a par 5 hole at Augusta, having hit two strikes and being somewhat close to the hole, were to hit the ball into the air and see an eagle, an actual eagle, grab the ball in mid-air and fly towards the green, dropping the ball into the hole.

Would this be an eagle? A birdie? Something else?

An eagle-assisted eagle.

Haha eagle courtesy of an eagle.

🦅

I assume the outside agency rule would apply, even though the ball is in mid flight.

Eagle squared (y)

“Double Eagle”:ROFLMAO:

I'm sure there is some weird ass rule about that.

The first time I played the course nearest my new home a Bald Eagle was standing in the middle of my landing area on the par 5 18th. Maybe it’s not such a unlikely scenario.

Well, there was that one time that seagull picked up that guy's ball on the green and flew off with it... then dropped it in the water.:ROFLMAO: It was in 1998 at the Players...

The first time I played the course nearest my new home a Bald Eagle was standing in the middle of my landing area on the par 5 18th. Maybe it’s not such a unlikely scenario.

I was the group ahead of you.

It thought that was the safest place to be.

In all probability, your chances of an eagle grabbing your ball and dropping it in the hole are probably greater than getting to play Augusta in the first place.

+1 for Eagle Squared

True. We have bald eagles all over the place up here anymore. All kinds of nesting pairs, all kinds of nests. There's a locally famous nest not far South of my buddies house. It's a party down there during nesting season. People pull off the road and get their cameras out, including pro photogs.

I was the group ahead of you.

It thought that was the safest place to be.

Reminds me of something that happened to my group of golfers way back in the day, when you were expected to mark your ball and stand aside on a par 3, to let the following group begin to walk up. We marked and dispersed around the perimeter of the green, and ran for our lives! After he second "run for our lives" shot, I said that we might be safer if we cluster right around the flagstick! It turned out to be true! Nobody in the following 4some came anywhere near to landing on the green!

How would one handle this scenario on Arccos?

Back