I'm in the woods this time of year. Thinking of a different kind of slicing.

In Dallas, PA for the week.....Today was a romp around Greystone Mountain the 9 hole old Twin Oaks course. Haven't played there in a while. Just reopened for play a month ago. The greens were very nice. Roll beautiful and are in great shape..They looked fuzzy but they ran about 9/9.5.....Rest of course a work in progress. Play Huntsville Wednesday and Scranton Thursday....

In Dallas, PA for the week.....Today was a romp around Greystone Mountain the 9 hole old Twin Oaks course. Haven't played there in a while. Just reopened for play a month ago. The greens were very nice. Roll beautiful and are in great shape..They looked fuzzy but they ran about 9/9.5.....Rest of course a work in progress. Play Huntsville Wednesday and Scranton Thursday....
So I went back today with my son who doesn't play much, figured this would be a good place to bring him. As we exited the course the owner, Randy Mark was walking by. I know Randy pretty well....So we got to talking....They are aerating the fairways right now...big tines. A few new tee boxes are built out. As I said rough around the edges but the greens are in great shape. They have pulled out 250 trees and are set to pull out quite a few more. Greystone Mountain will never be a top course but by next summer it will be a nice place to play and the restaurant Backwoods is a special place.

Huntsville. Course great shape. Greens running at 12...They had an outing today and I was after it...Slow round. Pics of 2 and 11 tees and 12 green.

Attachments

• 20200930_163243.jpg
    20200930_163243.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200930_134041_HDR.jpg
    20200930_134041_HDR.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200930_155550.jpg
    20200930_155550.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
Playing Turtle Creek in Limerick this weekend. I’m not often in that area, has anyone played here?

Playing Turtle Creek in Limerick this weekend. I’m not often in that area, has anyone played here?
I have played it twice a couple of years ago. The course was fun but was in bad shape both times I played it. Have not played since.

Let us know how it is...good luck hit'em straight

Last edited:
Potential good deal for Golf at Kimberton...…….https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/b4gitem.action?id=342263785

Potential good deal for Golf at Kimberton...…….https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/b4gitem.action?id=342263785
When are you in town until?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Known for mediocre conditions and brutally slow pace of play. Hopefully your experience is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When are you in town until?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I had a quick in/out...Played Scranton with Mike Vasillo...18 time club champ and my good bud Brian Corbett. Had nice time at Huntsville. Believe as the pro there allowed me to bring guests...they are probably struggling a little. Probably not back in area until spring.

Played there twice this year, both times it was in good shape. Most holes have nice big fairways.

Found this on one of the fairways there a few years ago...
IMG_0553.jpg

Played there twice this year, both times it was in good shape. Most holes have nice big fairways.

Found this on one of the fairways there a few years ago...
View attachment 8969338
I have never seen that before on a golf course. Heavy rains or did a bird lose his catch?

I have never seen that before on a golf course. Heavy rains or did a bird lose his catch?
Must have been a bird, no water around. But it was a pretty big fish must of been an osprey or something.

I've seen some weird wildlife stuff on the golf course, one day at Blue Heron Pines we were on a par 3 and there were about 20 turtles on some rocks. We were all like look at all those turtles never seen so many; next thing we know a hawk swoops down and snags one and proceeds to fly away with it and drop it once it was high up. It swoops down again snags it is once again drops it once it was high in the air. Must have known it had to break the shell or something.

Another time we were at Atlantic City Country Club and a freakin fox stole a turkey sandwich out of my cart while we were putting out; it was like it knew to wait for us to goto the green before checking out the carts...

Turtle Creek was in good shape overall. Greens were punched and I had 40 putts (not an exaggeration), but I’d go back and try to exorcise those demons.

Struck gold on GroupGolfer this week and picked up 4 vouchers to each Crossgates and Chapel Hill. Two new courses for me.

Turtle Creek was in good shape overall. Greens were punched and I had 40 putts (not an exaggeration), but I’d go back and try to exorcise those demons.

Struck gold on GroupGolfer this week and picked up 4 vouchers to each Crossgates and Chapel Hill. Two new courses for me.

Snagged a Chapel Hill myself. Be careful off the first tee there is some crap down on the right in play.

Played Par Line golf course for the first (and hopefully last) time. Greens were bumpier than aerated greens! But it was $30 and I booked it on short notice 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully getting another round or two in this weekend while I can.

I have family in Bucks County. When COVID is over and I can travel again, I'll for sure be up in the area.

Would love to get a round or two in with some THPers.

Some great courses in Bucks County, just played Makefield Highlands this past weekend, love that course, wide open and a few short par 4s which make things interesting.

Some great courses in Bucks County, just played Makefield Highlands this past weekend, love that course, wide open and a few short par 4s which make things interesting.

Never heard of this place and it’s 10min from my parents and 2 from my brothers house. Will have to play next summer when we come up. Website pics look like a great place.

Anyone with big golf plans for 2021? I am planning to join a local course. Leaning towards Iron Valley in Lebanon right now.

Anyone with big golf plans for 2021? I am planning to join a local course. Leaning towards Iron Valley in Lebanon right now.
Nothing big as of yet. My parents need to use up some time share points so I plan to help them out with that with an extended weekend trip that is drivable, I'm hoping they can "transfer" them from their the Grande Vista in Florida timeshare to Marriott @ Grand Dunes or Marriott @ Hilton Head. If not I know they have "transferred" them to the Marriott in AC in the past so thats an option also.

I like Iron Valley a lot, I still remember the 1st time I played there and hit my tee shot on 1 a little left... thought it was OK but oh my what a crazy drop off but spectacular view!

I would love to get a group of THPers together this spring/summer if possible. Find a course people want to have a fun round or two and meet up.

Nothing big as of yet. My parents need to use up some time share points so I plan to help them out with that with an extended weekend trip that is drivable, I'm hoping they can "transfer" them from their the Grande Vista in Florida timeshare to Marriott @ Grand Dunes or Marriott @ Hilton Head. If not I know they have "transferred" them to the Marriott in AC in the past so thats an option also.

I like Iron Valley a lot, I still remember the 1st time I played there and hit my tee shot on 1 a little left... thought it was OK but oh my what a crazy drop off but spectacular view!
Oh yea first time I played there I put one well down the hill into Lebanon Valley :LOL:

Sounds like you’ve got some exciting golf planned this year!

I would love to get a group of THPers together this spring/summer if possible. Find a course people want to have a fun round or two and meet up.
Let’s do it!

Back