SWAG Putters Thread

I think I'll try for it but with how limited it is, I'm just assuming I will miss out lol

I would have to imagine the number of spots has increased for this year. Not sure if they will keep expanding in future years tho.
That’s what my feeling is. I’m expecting that there will be more spots this year than just those who don’t renew. But how many? I’m already getting the feeling that the secondary market is overheating a bit. The only way I could justify the cost of the COTM is if I move a few covers from it.

Is there any confirmation that the number of spots for the COTM stays constant? I’ll try to hop in this year but I’m just curious. It would be awesome if it’s a membership that stays at, say 100 spots.
Nope. They won’t say, and honesty, I don’t blame them. Would be cool to know though.

Nope. They won’t say, and honesty, I don’t blame them. Would be cool to know though.
It would be, kinda like an online country club of sorts. Imagine if you could sell your spot, kind of like an equity membership. That would be some next level stuff right there.

It would be, kinda like an online country club of sorts. Imagine if you could sell your spot, kind of like an equity membership. That would be some next level stuff right there.

im sure there were folks who had this year and sold there 2021spot for profit. Saw some fb posts about guys interesting in buying those up.

im sure there were folks who had this year and sold there 2021spot for profit. Saw some fb posts about guys interesting in buying those up.
I would have to imagine that doing so would be “unofficial”, right? I mean if I’m SWAG, I wouldn’t want Johnny Jones calling me up saying “hey I sold my spot to Bill Burns, invoice him” right?

Almost forgot to reply to the COTM email 👀
I am seriously on the fence if I should even attempt to sign up. Outside of the cost I’m not just that fast with their drops.

I am seriously on the fence if I should even attempt to sign up. Outside of the cost I’m not just that fast with their drops.
Shooters shoot.

I would have to imagine that doing so would be “unofficial”, right? I mean if I’m SWAG, I wouldn’t want Johnny Jones calling me up saying “hey I sold my spot to Bill Burns, invoice him” right?
They’re non transferable. It’s be through back channel agreements which is unsurprising.

Shooters shoot.

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you...I like collecting things, but if it comes down to flipping some and the demand for them goes down by increasing membership size, then...

Then I wonder how long will I be drawn to the excitement?

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you...I like collecting things, but if it comes down to flipping some and the demand for them goes down by increasing membership size, then...

Then I wonder how long will I be drawn to the excitement?
I can’t speak for you, but when I passed 25 covers, and only maybe 6 were getting in the bag, I decided I needed to be more selective.

I can’t speak for you, but when I passed 25 covers, and only maybe 6 were getting in the bag, I decided I needed to be more selective.

...and that is how I foresee me being. Especially with no longer having a basement to store ****. 😂

...and that is how I foresee me being. Especially with no longer having a basement to store ****. 😂
Well one thing I will say is that are all really well done and eye-catching. I get asked about two things in my office, despite them being far from the most expensive things in my office:

1. My swag covers. Everyone asks about them, where I get them and why I have so many.

2. The 1999 Alabama BMX 2nd place trophy I have on display which was arbitrarily given to me by the fellas at the Kinderlou gathering for having a great time. It’s so big and awesome.

I squealed.

220C2885-7E77-4853-B493-AF1F388FCBCA.jpeg5EA1E684-F177-402E-A55E-B0FD2014F66E.jpegC671B7A5-CBE6-445A-9136-DE11E19A9BDD.jpegA2C1CC6C-D50A-45EC-B367-AFDBB18743D1.jpeg

OH MY! That looks so good! And I don't like yellow all that much

I got into Swag at the beginning of this year. I
did some math and throughout the year I’ve owned (either for an hour or still have in my collection) almost 100 covers (plus two staff bags, ~10 pieces of metal, a tour putter and a Swagee putter) 😳

Needless to say I’ve flipped most of that and my collection now consists mostly of covers I game on the course (~20).

949AFF58-F05D-4218-A9AF-84FFDAF7129E.jpeg
STREET FIGHTER!

Back