What SIZE grip do you play?

Standard size grips, with the single layer of tape to hold it down.

Anything larger just feels strange to be honest.

mid-sized

Mid-size, two wraps in lower hand.

Undersized, with an extra wrap low or a grip with reduced taper.

I always find it so interesting at how individual grips are. Just goes to show what exactly we can feel.

I've tried mid size but it just leads to me steering the ball. Standard works best as I don't have large hands.

So get this. I recently ordered some standard grips that match my set on ebay. In 14 years I have never been mailed the wrong item but this place sent mid size grips. Cripes, I had to do a return and order more grips elsewhere. Then, in a garage accident I snapped my driver shaft. Bought a new one on ebay and it arrived with a midsize grip just like the one I shipped back! Now I have no matching grip to install.

Double cripes...:rolleyes:

I've played standard and midsize over the years with no real consistency. I had standard grips before I went to get fit but at the fitting all the grips had +3 wraps and felt really good. So that is what I've been playing for the past 2 years. During the Off Course podcast @Master Yagley said their testing showed that a bit of difference in grip size doesn't affect anything but I've been dealing with some tendonitis in the elbows for a few months and was wondering about going up to bigger grips to maybe relieve some tension.

What size grips do you play and anyone have any thoughts on if larger grips might help me out?
Standard plus 2 wraps

I always find it so interesting at how individual grips are. Just goes to show what exactly we can feel.

very individual indeed. an interesting stat would be how many guys are playing grips that are not sized properly. i believe it very possible to have a grip that feels good but is not opitimal or potentially even good.

Got a set of MCC +4 that I will install this winter.

Although my hands are small, I prefer a mid size grip as I feel the larger size in my hands give me more control and stability.

Standard size on everything except the putter and I play a SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 on it.

I use the Lamkin Sonar standard grip plus 1 wrap. Which are 0.600 in size.

very individual indeed. an interesting stat would be how many guys are playing grips that are not sized properly. i believe it very possible to have a grip that feels good but is not opitimal or potentially even good.
Yeah that’d be an interesting review! Haha curious if even those who feel like they like their grip are optimized too!

definitely can play midsize but i actually prefer golf pride's +4 in standard with only 1 wrap of tape.

I play mid-sized grips. Debating a change in brand but thats another story.

Midsize MCC Plus4. They just feel better in my hands. Might be that I played baseball for most of my life and I feel like I can control the club and club face better with slightly bigger grips.

Standard size on all clubs except the driver which has a jumbo grip to reduce the tendency I have for hooking the ball

Midsize MCC Plus4

Mid-size Winn Dritek wraps. Although I don't have particularly big hands, they are starting to get arthritic so the bigger grip helps.

I oscillate between standard and midsize, even going standard plus wraps on certain grips. Currently on standard. Don't think I'll be going back to full on midsize. May experiment with wraps but standard seems to be the ticket for me so far.

Jumbomax Tour Series S/O

Back