Meatloaf Yay or Nay

Do you like meatloaf

• Total voters
I like meatloaf a lot but rarely make it. Maybe I need to make it this weekend!

Trying an air fryer meatloaf tonight.
That was fantastic. I'll cook it in the air fryer from now on. It had a nice crunchy bark on the top and sides. Took about 20 minutes less time than cooking in the oven.

20210113_184507.jpg

Local BBQ joint here has a BBQ meatloaf sandwich on Texas toast with spicy slaw and pepperjack cheese. I love meatloaf but this is one of my favorites.

I came home from playing golf today and my wonderful wife made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes for dinner. I shared these pictures with some friends and they informed me that they do not like meatloaf.

View attachment 8978015

View attachment 8978013

Personally I like it but once or twice a year is enough. How about you?

If it's only once or twice a year, you don't really like it!

Yes meatloaf. Yes often.

Oh, yeah!

If it’s done right more frequently than once in a while.... but November to February only.... it’s winter comfort food

I can agree with this. It is one of the ultimate comfort foods, and we really need those in Winter.

meat loaf sucks

You were raised wrong, and your Mom dressed you funny!

This right here ^^^
I would eat it more but the daughter hates it.:banghead:

Why should you care about that? Just feed her crumbs, while you display every glistening forkful of meatloaf, dripping with brown gravy, before it disappears into your mouth! That's the way to go! I'm not into this PC, "hands off", way of raising kids! I think you have to smack them around at sometime!

It is very dependent on how its made, my Mother's we had once ot twice a month and it was great, it was always the same and just tasted good. My wife's Mother's I could not eat at all, my wife's is hit or miss with mostly to the good side.

She tends to try different things and some just don't work for me and I agree with all that fried in butter a bit the next day, then on white bread and for me with Ketchup is the best use of it.

I can understand this. My Mom's fried chicken was to die for. My Aunt's, not so much! My Mom's skin was crispy, my Aunt's was soggy. I preferred the more "al dente"!

Last edited:
Not a fan of meatloaf. My wife makes it once in a great while. I eat it because I love her and she's a good cook. It's good meatloaf, I just don't like the dish.

I really like it. For some reason we only eat it a few times a year but I like it! I can eat it hot or cold, by itself or in a sandwich

I saw a recipe for smoked meatloaf the other day and thought....I can do that.

Meatloaf makes an appearance a few times a year. Now and then after a successful deer hunt, too. Not too bad, but you keep your ketchup away from me. I will fight you...

Meatloaf makes an appearance a few times a year. Now and then after a successful deer hunt, too. Not too bad, but you keep your ketchup away from me. I will fight you...
On no! I have to have the ketchup!

How could you not like a GOOD meatloaf?!

Especially with bacon on it.
I can't believe I have never thought of adding BACON🥓🥓🥓 Thanks:drinks:

How are there 64 posts and no one posted this Giphy?

Just got caught up on this thread and was thinking the same thing. I was going to post it if I made it to the end and somehow no one had posted it.

Had meatloaf on Sunday, pretty good. Dont think I would ever choose it on a menu, though.

There seem to be two meatloaf camps. There are those weird meatloaf with brown gravy people. And then, there are the more sophisticated meatloaf with some version of tomato sauce on the exterior. At some point, war is inevitable.

I'm a big fan if it's a recipe I like but only eat it a few times a year. With all the steaks, smoked meats, and burgers I eat I don't need meatloaf in the regular rotation.

Didn't like it but then had Alton Browns recipe and love it now!

This is the only meatloaf I enjoy

I'm not a huge fan but over the last year, my wife developed a really good meatloaf.

Also, when downtown in NYC, every now and then I'd get some. Not at a diner nor fancy restaurant, more the random off the beaten path family run place. They always have the best meatloaf.

...and brown gravy is a must.

Just made a pork and wagyu beef meatloaf that is baking and excited to have it tonight

Just made a pork and wagyu beef meatloaf that is baking and excited to have it tonight

Good lord that sounds good 🤤🍽

What is the ratio pork to beef?

That sounds amazing.. meatloaf is one of my fav comfort foods/guilty pleasures. There is a place up at Tahoe that makes a wagyu beef meat loaf with a root beer glaze that is worth the trip to get it..

Back