Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

They did though. They improved it greatly. Forward roll tech, more face balance in speed.

Yet comfort and feel are a part too and people have been requesting this for a while.
Yup, the Microhinge Star is the best insert maybe ever for pure roll and consistency in direction and speed retention. But, comfort in sound/feel are huge for many.

i was downstairs looking at my 2009 White Hot Ice 2ball vs the pictures of the new model and made a few putts with it. Did not do a long side by side vs the newer inserts but gut feel is that the white hot feels better on a higher compression urethane ball. I putt most of the year with low compression balls and I think I prefer the harder inserts of the TT or maybe the prior generation for these marshmello like balls. i think the ball and putter face combo will affect our feel

Yup, the Microhinge Star is the best insert maybe ever for pure roll and consistency in direction and speed retention. But, comfort in sound/feel are huge for many.
Hard to believe so many pros would choose comfort in sound/feel over pure roll and consistency - but then again I guess when you're playing at that level, those things are pretty much baked into your putting game anyway, and the comfort/feel will just add to your confidence.

Hard to believe so many pros would choose comfort in sound/feel over pure roll and consistency - but then again I guess when you're playing at that level, those things are pretty much baked into your putting game anyway, and the comfort/feel will just add to your confidence.
It’s not saying the roll is bad though, because it isn’t at all, the rebound capability of the White Hot is what makes it so special, and why it’s never been replicated.

Curious to see how many folks will go standard steel shaft versus stroke lab shaft at the higher price point.

Curious to see how many folks will go standard steel shaft versus stroke lab shaft at the higher price point.
Having owned the Stroke Lab shaft in my current putter, I'd definitely pay the premium for it.

I would have to go with Stroke Lab in this. To me the SL shaft worked so much better with the Odyssey lineup vs the Toulon offerings. My distance control was outstanding with the Odyssey/SL combination.

Having owned the Stroke Lab shaft in my current putter, I'd definitely pay the premium for it.
Worth every single cent imo. Big believer in putter shaft tech.

Listen, I know I want Triple Track, but I was "checkout now" away from preordering an OG Stroke Lab #1.

You know SL is the right answer here :)
I can’t pinpoint the difference, but I putted better this year with the stroke lab shaft than I ever had before.

I can’t pinpoint the difference, but I putted better this year with the stroke lab shaft than I ever had before.
Same. I can't pinpoint why either, but it just works better for me than any other putter ever has. Can't tell you why I'm a believer, but I certainly am.

the prices surprise me but i'm looking forward to trying them... and i really want that new stroke lab shaft!

Even though I have been playing my Scotty Studio Select NP2 this last year, I still have original White Hot Rossie, a White Steel Rossie and an O-Works Red 7S that want to come out of retirement, I will probably get one of these new OGs when I can try out the new releases and give the NP2 a run for its current status...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

A Stoke Lab 2 Ball would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I’m still gaming my original White Hot #3 that I’ve been using since I got it for my 18th birthday just after it came out! I’ve had lessons since and shouldn’t be using that level of toe hang with my stroke, so looking forward to replacing it, with something almost identical!

I cannot wait to get my hands on these in a few days

Another great write up @Jman. I bought a knock off, clone, fake, or whatever else you want to call it two ball insert when I first started after using a real two ball white hot. His did feel way better than mine and it has long been removed from the bag. Dabbling with non insert faces since, I loved the article and I can actually see myself in the 1WS. I am in the boat with @PKorf with the looks of the OG moniker, but it would not be a deal breaker as I'm not looking at the bottom of the putter when using it.

These call to me. The first Odyssey putters in a minute I’ve truly been over the moon excited about.

Great write-up James. Been a long time since I have tried an insert putter and these really peak my interest. Love the looks of the #1WS and #5.

Great write-up James. Been a long time since I have tried an insert putter and these really peak my interest. Love the looks of the #1WS and #5.
That 5 shape is just so classic.

These call to me. The first Odyssey putters in a minute I’ve truly been over the moon excited about.
I’m just happy you can finally talk about these with more than just an emoji!

Back