The Official Banter Away Thread

Right there with you. About an hour post workout I realized I badly needed a Theragun session. It’s like magic!
I'm laying in bed and feel super relaxed after using it. That thing is made of magic.

What a Friday.
Three new releases.
New podcast.
And all just a few days before the THP Showcase.

These 35mph winds can eff off. I feel like @KEV is around somewhere.

Know the feeling. Was hoping to golf tomorrow, but the light blanket of snow might stop that.

Know the feeling. Was hoping to golf tomorrow, but the light blanket of snow might stop that.
We are missing the snow, should be around 35-37* at tee time tomorrow.

I.

Love.

Release.

Season.

I hate the winds, but I love kicking my smart mouthed HS boys tails in the wind since they don’t believe in learning to flight the ball right now haha

We are missing the snow, should be around 35-37* at tee time tomorrow.
Very jealous. Have been looking forward to Saturday all week. Haven't had a full round in a couple of weeks and the itch is getting pretty bad.

You have to love when you call a place and the automated system says you can hold or we can call you back in 1 hour 8 minutes to 1 hour 42 minutes.

Then you try to do their online chat instead and you are number 151 in the queue.

It’s funny how things work out. When Covid hit, my business was decimated. So, since I had downtime, I finally decoded to take my Professional Engineering exam and get licensed. Fast Forward to 9 months later snd I work for a company and in a job I absolutely love. I have a whole team of people reporting to me. And not only am I a licensed PE in MO, but my company just filled out all my application info to become registered in Indiana and Texas. Furthermore, I’m in daily ’Project warp speed” meetings Because our firm is doing a ton of the engineering around The vaccine. I was ready to give up this summer , change careers and move on. Now I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. Ironically all because of Covid.

You have to love when you call a place and the automated system says you can hold or we can call you back in 1 hour 8 minutes to 1 hour 42 minutes.

Then you try to do their online chat instead and you are number 151 in the queue.

My power went out late this morning. I texted the next door neighbor and hers was out as well. So, I called it in and was given a time for power restoration of between 1:00 and 1:30 PM. They also asked if I would receive a phone call from them to confirm that my power had been restored. I said yes. At precisely 1:14PM, my power was restored, and 2 minutes later I got the confirmatory phone call.

It’s funny how things work out. When Covid hit, my business was decimated. So, since I had downtime, I finally decoded to take my Professional Engineering exam and get licensed. Fast Forward to 9 months later snd I work for a company and in a job I absolutely love. I have a whole team of people reporting to me. And not only am I a licensed PE in MO, but my company just filled out all my application info to become registered in Indiana and Texas. Furthermore, I’m in daily ’Project warp speed” meetings Because our firm is doing a ton of the engineering around The vaccine. I was ready to give up this summer , change careers and move on. Now I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. Ironically all because of Covid.

Wow! Good for you! Glad to hear it's not all gloom and doom out there!

Got another big boy haircut today. Brave new world this 2021 :ROFLMAO:

I just learned I get penalized for hitting out of the rough and the sand in TGC2019 sim rounds on SkyTrak. That’s certainly helpful information to have!

Can't sleep, too excited for the meat sweats tomorrow..

I guess I should try, can always dream about bbq goodness I suppose

All this madness can have a silver living, glad you found yours @wubears71 ! Just hope the rest of the population struggling comes out of this alright too

We have some friends whose life s***s rainbows - at least that’s the way they portray themselves. I’m talking over the top, make me sick perfect world. They kind of don’t have a grasp on reality. Well then, one of our mutual friends was googling their business and found out their CFO was arrested by the FBI in 2019 for hacking into computer systems. Funny how they never mentioned that. It also explains why they decided to do their first months long RV trip spontaneously just after that happened.

My wife and her best friend thinks it’s hilarious because they also went to college with the CFO - all Notre Dame grads in 2002.

Unfortunately this reminds me of a very close friend of mine in the early 2010s. They were the same way - their lives were perfect - big house, expensive toys, $120k Mercedes, season tickets in a suite for the Dallas Cowboys, perfect daughter, etc. Fast forward 8 years later and they are divorced, broke and he is a raging alcoholic with no job. What did them in is that his business partner was also doing shady stuff and was also arrested. Of course I found out years later - I just assummed it was due to oil crashing.

What is my point... Take that perfect facing image with a grain of salt. The people that you think have the perfect lives struggle like the rest of us - sometimes much worse. So, don’t envy others. Be thankful for the relationships you have.

How’s your OnlyFans thing going?
Well, let’s just say it could be called “OnlyFan” it it would pretty much be the same for me.

Unfortunately this reminds me of a very close friend of mine in the early 2010s. They were the same way - their lives were perfect - big house, expensive toys, $120k Mercedes, season tickets in a suite for the Dallas Cowboys, perfect daughter, etc. Fast forward 8 years later and they are divorced, broke and he is a raging alcoholic with no job. What did them in is that his business partner was also doing shady stuff and was also arrested. Of course I found out years later - I just assummed it was due to oil crashing.

I'm sure being a cowboys fan is also largely to blame

Back