Do you own a golf cart?

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s see who in THP owns a golf cart. It may be that you live on or near a golf course that allows you to bring your own cart. Maybe you live In a golf cart community.

Post a picture of you have them.

Negative. Although my buddy did just buy one for his father. That’s not local though.

Negative

regretfully I own one or co-own one in my house in Florida. While great for running around the community they are a pita to maintain. the batteries will fail from Florida summer heat even if not used. we only go down about 4 to 6 weeks a year so the ratio of maintenance to use is not good for me

We have a golf cart based on living in a golf cart community...the downside no golf course. You see some pretty decked out golf carts out there.

Here is our ride...
C98FE62F-F439-4ECF-AEC4-BFBE546BF65C.jpeg
2C01EA0E-5597-4295-90CD-148F2E310048.jpeg

regretfully I own one or co-own one in my house in Florida. While great for running around the community they are a pita to maintain. the batteries will fail from Florida summer heat even if not used. we only go down about 4 to 6 weeks a year so the ratio of maintenance to use is not good for me
Yeah that is what swayed my mother in law from getting one...the maintenance. I mean I would have kept it in my garage & had two of them. 😀

Just bought a golf cart on Christmas Eve last year. It's a 2012 Yamaha (gas). It already has LED front and rear lights with turn signals and a bluetooth speaker. I just ordered some side mirrors for it and a floor mat. I've already looked at lift kits and wheel/tires combo, just saving up my money for that. No pictures just yet. Once I get it all dressed up, I'll jump back on and do that.

I don't have one but my parents do. Most of the members at my club have their own cart and some couples even have two. Most of the people buying new ones have been paying the extra money to get the new lithium batteries that can go 4-5 rounds on a charge and are supposed to last 10 years with no maintenance. If they don't buy one of those then they usually buy a refurbished cart that a local place has. They get old carts from the courses and basically strip them down and put new everything in.

Nice dude!

This is my 2020 Yamaha Drive2 EFI (got it in late '19). 2nd pic is the stereo console I installed a couple of weeks ago.
be85641789a642a940ccda56fa873738.jpg
f49a9f4a8332a2c308159919bbf78822.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I haven't bought one because I don't live on my course and would have to trailer it back and forth - not worth the PITA involved. Factor in maintenance costs and I'd rather let the course eat the costs and I pay an extra $50/month in my membership for not having my own cart. One of my friends is going to have to replace his batteries and I think he said it's going to be around $1800 - and the heat out here kills batteries pretty quickly.

We have one (2018 Club Cart Onward), I usually drive to the pro shop, park and then walk the course. My wife's much more than I do. It's nice to have, especially with friends that live around the course. just ride through the neighborhood from our house.
I'm considering getting the lithium conversion.

I haven't bought one because I don't live on my course and would have to trailer it back and forth - not worth the PITA involved. Factor in maintenance costs and I'd rather let the course eat the costs and I pay an extra $50/month in my membership for not having my own cart. One of my friends is going to have to replace his batteries and I think he said it's going to be around $1800 - and the heat out here kills batteries pretty quickly.
I actually do trailer mine back and forth, and yes it's a lot of trouble sometimes. But, my cart is so much more comfortable and rides much better than the stock carts at my course. I can also be choosy about who rides with me, if anyone.

Here is my cart. This photo is 11 years old and taken at our previous house when we had to trailer it to any course. We now live 4 blocks from the clubhouse of my home course and can drive the cart there.

Black Beauty.jpg

I actually do trailer mine back and forth, and yes it's a lot of trouble sometimes. But, my cart is so much more comfortable and rides much better than the stock carts at my course. I can also be choosy about who rides with me, if anyone.
My course just got brand new carts last October, so they're still really nice and pretty plush. The guys in the pro shop are pretty good with the members, so I rarely ever have to have anybody else ride in my cart unless I choose to. I'd like it a lot less if I played with randos (which I don't) and had to pair up with them in the cart.

Since we are talking carts, I thought I'd relay a positive accessories experience I had recently. In late November, I ordered a set of Cart Buddies for my Yamaha. These are padded covers that go over the hip restraints. My wife and I like the look and they do make the ride more comfortable. I paid $80 for the set (it matches the stone color seats on my cart). The company pays the express shipping. The tracking showed the shipment to be in Montgomery, AL on December 1st. It did so again on every day up to the 8th, at which point I contacted the seller about it. Long story short, they sent another shipment along with a $20 refund for my trouble. The 2nd shipment got here in 3 days. Epilogue -- the original shipment finally arrived early last week and I contacted the seller, offering to ship back the set. They thanked me for my offer and told me to keep both sets. You could not ask for a more polite and attentive seller. Not only is their product very good, they understand customer service.

Last edited:
Yep....I have a 2015 Club Car DS IQ.
I live on a golf course and it's faster and easier getting to clubhouse for drinks, meals, etc than it is by taking my car. I also live at the top of a large hill w/ a small lake at the bottom so it's handy for running down trolling motor, battery, etc to fish. Owning a golf cart is 100% strictly a convenience. It is nice never taking my clubs off and not having to be sure I have all my "stuff' every time I golf. Other than the convenience they are a money pit and a huge waste of money. $900 for new batteries every 5 years or so. My club only charges $100 less for trail fees (using your own cart) than we do for paying for unlimited cart use from the club for the season.

Is it strange that one of my bucket list items is to own my own golf cart.....?

Is it strange that one of my bucket list items is to own my own golf cart.....?

Not at all, was on mine, too. I was lucky to find a friend who basically stopped playing and wanted to unload his cart for an affordable price. Plus, I can drive my cart around town (just not on the main highway that runs though town...which makes sense).

We have a gas Yamaha but it's not for the golf course - just cruising around the neighborhood and to the bars/restaurants at the local resorts. That and taking the trash to the end of the driveway. :)

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.41.46 PM.png

Back