First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

The Pro’s are unreal. They are segment changing, every other hollow iron design before wishes they had thus profile and this sound/feel. Not to mention, they’re cannons.

This new Apex iteration totally does justice to the ones which came before. A good feel, and a lot of ease when it comes to use. Oh, and long too, quite long.

As for the DCB, there are a huge portion of golfers who if they are looking at Apex, should look this way. For me, they’re a profile like the ZX5, but they’re hotter and just super easy to hit.
Stahp.

Will today be the day that my local store gets these? I need to touch them...

Curious to your feedback when you get these in the bag.

Really cool that they designed with with AI

I like the Tungsten Energy Core for increased forgiveness.

I too would like to see it in hand and compare the shaping to the 19 to see how they improved that for better turf interaction.

Curious to your feedback when you get these in the bag.

Really cool that they designed with with AI

I like the Tungsten Energy Core for increased forgiveness.

I too would like to see it in hand and compare the shaping to the 19 to see how they improved that for better turf interaction.
I'll definitely get some in hand shots when I get them. I'll try to get some before as well. The Tungsten Energy Core and increased forgiveness over the previous gen is mind blowing to me. If anything, I expected them to be comparable or more demanding. This just sounds like fun.

@Jman i know you played the apex 19 combos and enjoyed them. If you end up going with the apex line would you consider combo’ing them again. I really wish the break was at either the 5 or 6 iron instead of the 7. I am leaning full pro’s but the idea of extra forgiveness in the 4 & 5 iron really appeal to me.
I'm with you there, if the combo set switched at the 5 or 6 I'd give that more of a look, but the 7i is where I still want a smaller iron.

The way I see it though, the Pro 21s are already a combo set unto themselves considering the 8-AW don't have the tungsten and hot face.

I'll definitely get some in hand shots when I get them. I'll try to get some before as well. The Tungsten Energy Core and increased forgiveness over the previous gen is mind blowing to me. If anything, I expected them to be comparable or more demanding. This just sounds like fun.

The stock ETS shaft has me wicked excited as well. winning combo right there

Any comments from Callaway on how much they will promote the combo and triple play sets? Or how popular they expect them to be?
Not sure on the promotion of them but during the presentation they were VERY excited to be offering these specific combos. They said they created them because they KNOW people will gravitate towards them. So I'm expecting them to be pretty darn popular

Not sure on the promotion of them but during the presentation they were VERY excited to be offering these specific combos. They said they created them because they KNOW people will gravitate towards them. So I'm expecting them to be pretty darn popular

Agreed. They invested in the custom tooling to make the combo option an 'off the shelf' concept instead of having to custom build every combo set specifically because they knew these would be popular and fit those of us ( me included ) that want the performance of the Apex in the upper irons with the performance/feel/control of the APex Pros in the shorter irons ( for hte Apex/Apex Pro combo set). Same idea with the Sweet Combo and Triple Play. Fundamentally their goal was to cover the widest profile of players possible to get forged heads in their hands with the most forgiving benefit to each skill level. And they were really excited that they felt they nailed that goal.

I am so bored with this damn knee, got a thing in the mail from Golf Galaxy for a special fitting with free balls and a discount of some sort. Of course I still can't walk and swinging a club is out of the question.....why did I not do this a month ago as planned...damnit I want to hit the Pros bad and I did combo the 19 Pros and ended up going back and getting the 7-4 irons in the pro anyway so I am just worried I would do the same thing again.

The break should be at the 7 iron IMO not the 8 but I understand why they did it, if I remember correctly I hit the 19 8 iron so well I just had to have the rest of them. It remains to be seen if i can find a place that has more than the 7 iron to hit when I heal up to see if I can use the pros all the way. I do like the stronger loft in the combo set and to get that in the standard pros it will mess with the bounce some but maybe not enough to notice

I'm still doubtful they will be a better fit for me than Mav Pro, but I find myself getting more and more interesting in hitting the new Pros. I like the look a lot.

Hit all three heads today. Went back and forth with some different shafts: elevate (95s, 115s, 115x), mmt 95x, and a steelfiber x. The regular apex, at least in 7i, is a workhorse. Solid, long and forgiving, it is a very nice club. I think a whole lot of us should start there. I liked the consistency, feel, and feedback with the pro and would need a little time finding the right shaft. It feels like a club I would like more and more over time. The DCB is too chunky for me, but holy heck does it provides loads of help on mishits. I hit a shot that should have been in the all time record books for terrible strike and the ball carried 180 yards just right of the center line.

I'm not a fan of the elevate shafts for my swing. The mmt was surprisingly nice even at a lower weight.

I'm not a fan of the elevate shafts for my swing. The mmt was surprisingly nice even at a lower weight.

Lighter weight in steel, will nearly always be lighter to flex.
Graphite weight and flex are fairly independent. Its why driver shafts have been able to go lighter and lighter at every level of play.

Lighter weight in steel, will nearly always be lighter to flex.
Graphite weight and flex are fairly independent. Its why driver shafts have been able to go lighter and lighter at every level of play.

This is good to know and for me to think about as I pick a new set. Thank you. 👍

So this is almost certain to happen. At this point thinking Pro Combo with the MMT 90s. :unsure:

Fitting coming up in a couple weeks!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow's THP Showdown coverage will be another fun time on Apex.

Back in the office tomorrow so will be able to catch live. Really looking forward to this one

Had a little fun with these this afternoon. Only had a few minutes before they closed but I’m in love! So good and so consistent. They concede nothing to the 19’s and gain a bit in ball speed and spin. I’ll have to get some numbers later but for now here a few shots.0E133A72-ACD2-4EB6-AF2D-6B935E7DE905.jpeg
904C5F36-0418-481B-8DEB-8A61B060B3D0.jpeg
224CEFE4-C116-4F86-8E67-85BFD01C527F.jpeg
5F719234-D8A3-4561-8F5B-8DEC7A79CF8B.jpeg
E5229890-FB61-4DB9-B3B1-4A6A7D18917A.jpeg

Today Live at 2pm ET these will be discussed heavily and tested.

The stock ETS shaft has me wicked excited as well. winning combo right there

The ETS shaft sounds interesting. I have 950GH in my A19s and I tend to miss left a bit with them and the Elevate 95 with ETS sounds like it might help that.

The ETS shaft sounds interesting. I have 950GH in my A19s and I tend to miss left a bit with them and the Elevate 95 with ETS sounds like it might help that.

If/when we get out this year I can bring a set w/ Elevate Tours in them and you can see how those feel and if the ETS would work for you

Back