Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Crazy update!

Friday...On Srixon Day in the THP Showcase, we will be giving a set of these irons away.
Holy moly!!! Friday just got turned up to 11 🔥🔥🔥

Not that I’m in the market for new irons or any new equipment, my last year bag has been putting up some solid scores this offseason

But these are high on the list as are the new Callaway offerings

as @Snickerdog said, I definitely need to try them I can see a fitting in my future
I'm not in the market, really, either. But I agree with @Snickerdog and if for any reason you do go hit irons, these should be in your list!! A great feeling iron that blends forgiveness in an incredible looking package.

Crazy update!

Friday...On Srixon Day in the THP Showcase, we will be giving a set of these irons away.
Maybe I should take Friday off!

Crazy update!

Great write up on these irons. I have never tried hitting a Srixon iron, but now you have me intrigued!
That's awesome! You should definitely give them a try if they have them available to hit someone near you.

Sounds like a set is being given away on Friday too, so make sure to tune in.

View attachment 8989207

View attachment 8989208

This is honestly making my night. By my count I've played 6 different gap wedges with my set while waiting for this one, because they weren't quite right. If I wasn't terribly, terribly broken from today (G'D SIMS), I would put it in play tomorrow. Feels like sweet relief.

Oh, and I hit it a bunch at the store btw. Numbers were spot on and ready to rock.

You devil. You know my feelings on a gap wedge of a certain makeup, and then you go posting this.

Thanks in advance ;)

Giving a set away on Friday during the THP Showcase

Crazy update!

WHAT? NO WAY ARE YOU KIDDING?

Man after watch the THP Live impromptu live session the Z5 & Z7 irons just made it on my radar. Damn they sound so pure!!!

I have made the switch from my Miura TC201 to the ZX7 with MMT 105TX. I don't get to play a lot and the ZX7 is the perfect size and forgiveness for what I'm lookin for. Paired with a slightly lighter than normal (for me) graphite shaft, I'm very much enjoying them. I don't see them coming out of the bag anytime soon.

I can't figure out why this recent months-old bump about tonight was put in the one without the @Jman review. Seems like thoughts and information is going to get spread 2 directions.

Giving a set away on Friday during the THP Showcase
How many rings on fire do I gotta jump a motorcycle through?!

Just watched the Instagram video and man, now I am rethinking my decision to go with the ZX7 in the 7i spot of my combo set. After seeing @Canadan annihilate golf balls with the ZX5 8i, it’s clear that the ZX5 is a heck of a golf club. I think I may be testing the forgiveness limits of the ZX7 7i.

You were digging them last night for sure. You also looked a little surprised on how forgiving the zx5's were on some of your off center strikes. :unsure:

Ohhhh zx7.....
You seemed pretty smitten with them last night. Maybe it was just the hot chicken talking, or maybe it's serendipity.

You were digging them last night for sure. You also looked a little surprised on how forgiving the zx5's were on some of your off center strikes. :unsure:

it seems a lot of people are saying the zx5 are amazing. not that the 7s are slouches, but that the 5s are automatic, forgiving and explosive. they also look fantastic for anyone who wants/needs that kind of performance but wants a mostly traditional look in the bag/at address.

When you’re streaming for loads of people live, any forgiveness is welcomed! I fully expected to miss a couple greens right with the zx5 but they kept me on line.

very nice complement to their design.

it seems a lot of people are saying the zx5 are amazing. not that the 7s are slouches, but that the 5s are automatic, forgiving and explosive. they also look fantastic for anyone who wants/needs that kind of performance but wants a mostly traditional look in the bag/at address.
I think a lot of people are overlooking the 7 as not forgiving enough, but I don't think that is the case. A bit more demanding yes, but very playable by anyone who is a decent ball striker.

I think a lot of people are overlooking the 7 as not forgiving enough, but I don't think that is the case. A bit more demanding yes, but very playable by anyone who is a decent ball striker.

I think @Canadan showed off a pretty good differential last night in the forgiveness during the live stream. They are a pretty demanding iron, which is okay as Srixon offers the ZX-5 to help a bit there.

You are right. Everything I have seen they are demanding as you mentioned, but offer more forgiveness when compared to other irons in the same category.

I will echo the points that the ZX5’s are awesome. I’m glad I went with the full set.

Back