A couple more bottles to the collection for a Friday night. Loving the 4 roses single barrel! Not sure about the Craig small batch. Has a grassy note. Maybe that will appeal to a bunch of golfers 🤣
20210122_153811.jpg

A couple more bottles to the collection for a Friday night. Loving the 4 roses single barrel! Not sure about the Craig small batch. Has a grassy note. Maybe that will appeal to a bunch of golfers 🤣
View attachment 8989898

You can't go wrong with Elijah Craig.

New beverage for me tonight, Glengoyne 18. Kinda of a sherry bomb and not one I would normally buy. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad tasting at all. Looking forward to the second tasting. Skoll, people!!! alc.gif

20210126_223348.jpg

Do you know if it was the regular recipe or the wheated one? Sometimes their different "voyage" batches are a wheated recipe. I think Jefferson's Reserve is a decent drink and that the Ocean can be a marketing ploy. I'm not sure that the concept actually does much to change the whiskey at all. However, we just opened up a bottle of a Voyage 22 wheated recipe that was phenomenal. It was a state of Ohio barrel pick.
My thoughts are this had more to do with it being a store pick than it did with the boat ride :)

Started my Infinity Bottle this week and received my label today. 4oz of 7 different bourbons.
0128211245a.jpg

Had Jefferson’s Ocean last night at dinner. Was good, but not sure I’d go to it again over other choices. Anyone have experience with it that maybe I missed something?
It’s pretty good. Is it $80 good? No I don’t think so

-jFhOG6GMVuxPthQCxvWELsMG7IdOP1FyW922s4DeAea8GsKjoEsr8UQVpdbDlHHL3vFjMcJAwBYDKXnICO8BM8NGaghTVC1XamQ0WgIxbpS_df4KrIu2SnkpO8pP3l_COmyxssBufuwd_DWZRxe5lifRIBnXZTKjn14K3o3fLe64AvOD_PRTIJo-eoGBJE9RREvBY7RSs5JYz768Nhh6jeVI8wfk1vI2D99XTF5x3-WPjgEF3JyU8o8hzPNXqbOA3_qPowgAl2dE90go3Qt39F0h_nKYe9hdxZ9udJqc18K4u9GLdFkWyE9-Y6nGv6uLzZeFn-HOHhHY-kgbmrxT7NX8e4Ow6G6--kYXL2LKUHA3v6eV0O1vCO67giGwA93vsvzoU3Y1AD4c6qWcn7XW7S5hE1oeXGAuQ9GXd2yk_lMuVLbBGAMqZ2mBQEbeJgR2YpVfbFxLxslwRvvJAQnYZUNlOJoCB0d6hnIqB0G4alY8QtZahORAE4p968opeEspGabnifL1EEt1jW17FsBDuazqKn9tPL484elEzOnWpmxoGcDDw9bBsfBI0ZmYoyMqQ78hHN4ndGQ7Pv9JTt-b4oPsUtIc5obClfmLaK9palBhY1pZ386vCOH_AJhdth9YFiYHb-I-wr1RCzxOEGdKZUjwqeP611OqDL8P1EeaUmAEHk2DoyaNnlWWzm68Cw=w469-h625-no

My thoughts are this had more to do with it being a store pick than it did with the boat ride :)
I enjoy collecting and trying different barrel picks of different things. I have several different Buffalo Trace, Elijah Craig, Maker's Mark, and Russell's Reserve barrel picks. Of course the quality of the barrel pick relies on the palate of the person doing the picking. I've had good ones and I've had some not so good ones.

I have gone hard down the whiskey rabbit trail as of late, I've tried some great stuff and started a bit of a wish/try list really anything that's $100 per bottle or less, when I finish one I move on to the next one on the list!

I've been working on my Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select for a while, on the rocks.

Their Single Barrel Rye is really smooth, IMO.

JD.jpg

This has become one of my new favorites .... WhistlePig. Anyone else tried it?

WhistlePig.jpg

I have gone hard down the whiskey rabbit trail as of late, I've tried some great stuff and started a bit of a wish/try list really anything that's $100 per bottle or less, when I finish one I move on to the next one on the list!

Any recommendations on some recent ones? I usually stick to the same 2 or 3, but I'm looking to branch out some.

Got a bottle of jefferson last weekend. All i can say is wow. Fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on some recent ones? I usually stick to the same 2 or 3, but I'm looking to branch out some.
I had a bottle of jefferson reserve that was pretty good and at like $40 well worth the price. Also was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of a local distillery, Soldier Valley Spirits, that's a good one, cut spike, also local and then a Old Gran Dad 114 my buddy recommended, actually fairly ok on the rocks, but as a mix in an old fashioned or Manhattan, excellent!

Had Jefferson’s Ocean last night at dinner. Was good, but not sure I’d go to it again over other choices. Anyone have experience with it that maybe I missed something?
I like Costco had it on sale, might have to pick it up to experiment at like $65

New bottle, I like it!
It will go in the rotation.
20210203_191806.jpg

Ending dry January with some local rye, Yankee Distillers on the rocks.

Watched the Quentin Tarantino's movie tonight called, "The Man With The Iron Fists".
Beverage tonight was Royal Brackla 21. Awesome expression. Really enjoyed the drams.

20210206_225648.jpg

Needed a high proof boost for kick off. 8FF1691B-7EFA-4046-89ED-195C3CC15139.jpeg

Picked these 3 mixes up off amazon, not too bad!
IMG_6724.jpeg

As I was pulling bottles for the big game I noticed a couple things, one, my daughter, who's initials are BH, stole the label off my basil bottle!
IMG_6723.jpeg
Second, this and single barrel are still two of my favorites, always go back to the JD often! At the price point and versatility of drinking, they are both usually stocked in my bar.
IMG_6722.jpeg

Back