Ordered a Odyssey Armlock from CPO and have played one round with it and rolled it at home a fair bit. One takeaway is that even if I don't end up playing this as my gamer it is very beneficial for your stroke with a normal putter as well to practice with the armlock. Teaches to take the hands out of it which is my problem (too wristy).
Completely agree - armlock is great for practice. Going from armlock to traditional really helps my traditional stroke.

i've used the armlock in store only but I recall that I set up on it such that that shaft leaned and I made a very end over end putt. Like topspin in tennis. I do this with my short putter but have to pay attention to my setup. was natural with the putter pressed up on my forearm.

I think getting custom fitted would make a big difference for an arm lock putter. I have an Odyssey arm lock that is 43” too long and it is too long and I don’t think the forward lean is quite right. I think getting custom fit would make a huge difference.

I’ve recently started using the Biomech Acculock ACE. Very different, but I’ve found it very effective. Mine is 43 inches, but I’m 6’4 and it’s designed to be used with a very upright posture and open stance. I’m pleased so far, but it’s only been in the bag for 2 rounds.

I armlock putt, it's helped me a ton since I never could find a usable short putter grip style that I could stick with. It always felt very shaky through my hands and I couldn't trust my shoulders to power the putts without constantly pushing (didn't matter what putter style I used).

Got out with mine for about 45 minutes today. Since this thing putts so strait I started using the alignment aid on the ball. That works wonders especially since I am standing a little further away from the ball and the perspective is off a bit on using the alignment aid to aim at the hole. Just get it lined up with the top of the ball and putt it the distance. I am leaving a lot of putts easily in gimme range. Bigger misses are only happening when I hit it too hard or too soft. I am also making almost everything inside of 4 feet. I am thinking just based on 2 days of practicing this might help me shave a stroke off my handicap and maybe more. I am looking forward to tracking this year.

The process is a bit mechanical, but if it works so what right?

The process is a bit mechanical, but if it works so what right?

It is the very mechanical setup that has helped me refine my putting. If I look at my putter setup from my start of golf to year 25, I had some good days but almost never back to back good putting rounds. My setup was just not specific enough in the old hunchback handsy stance I used to replicate. Now letting my shoulders move the putter with hands passive I can make the same stroke week after week.

Pretty much as long as you don't put your weight on the top of the club and anchor it you are safe to do so.

I have a 43" Ping CRAZ-E Putter, and a 42" Inch Tour Edge T Balance putter.

I use a similar grip to Langer, and it helps me so much tbh - I prefer being more upright than bending over a 30-35 inch putter! :)

You can sometimes get them cheap as they are not desirable and many belly/chin putters can easily be converted by removing the 2 piece putter grip for a long armlock one.

I have an armlock putter that I plan to use this year. I have only used it for a couple of rounds and will need more on course time to decide. For short putts it is a dream. Controlling distance for longer putts is a work in progress. I adjusted to the awkward feel quickly and use the armlock more in a Kuchar mode than full rigid Bryson.

I have a regular tendency to get overly tense and lose confidence putting. 3 and 4-putts from modest distances are very common in every round. @Muchmore18 saw this in our rounds. I’ll putt OK — never good — and then all the sudden I can’t make the most basic of short putts. I even get to a point where I am thinking lag putt from 5 feet. Yep. It is so bad that I wonder sometimes if people think I am doing it on purpose. Nope. Armlock gives me a repeatable setup and stroke. Even tense I make putts. That confidence is huge. If I can dial in distance control with longer range, armlock can be transformative for me.

i'd recommend watching the roll of the ball to see if it is bouncing or being driven into the ground on your long strokes where this can be observed. The shaft lean and such can be different with such a different hands passive setup. Lofts may need to be different vs a conventional setup. I use an armlock similar concept with a very short putter and was fitted into 1 degree of loft.

Back