The Jordan Spieth Thread

I think he made good progress and his confidence should have taken a big boost from his results. Just hope he can continue improving as it is fun watching when he is in contention.

I think he made good progress and his confidence should have taken a big boost from his results. Just hope he can continue improving as it is fun watching when he is in contention.
I totally agree. The kid gets me pumped up.

If he could figure out his tee game I think he'd be darn close to the Spieth of old

If he could figure out his tee game I think he'd be darn close to the Spieth of old

Yes, can't figure that out. Wonder if Titleist will allow him to test other drivers ... Probably not. But why not try the TSi2 - he needs "FORGIVENESS" or squaring up the club.

Last edited:

It's such a weird situation. His iron game is still pretty good when he actually puts himself in a good position off the tee. Can't remember many players with such a huge discrepancy from a driver to an iron. Saturday was fun to watch. Sunday was tough.

Agreed. When every other shot after a wayward tee ball becomes a “must make” rather than a “can make”, that puts a lot of pressure on one’s game. I hope he’s back in form soon.
Golf needs him back at his best

It's such a weird situation. His iron game is still pretty good when he actually puts himself in a good position off the tee. Can't remember many players with such a huge discrepancy from a driver to an iron. Saturday was fun to watch. Sunday was tough.
I heard some stats where he was like 1st in approach and like 200 something off the tee. If he could even be top 50 in the other stats and top 5 in a couple, he'd be back to winning consistently again.

Looks like he's hitting it further than he used to. Probably feels like he has to to keep up.

His iron game was pretty darn good when he was in bad positions off the tee this weekend! He hit a few amazing recovery shots to save himself after bad drives, he looked like he was channeling Phil Mickelson from the Arizona desert waste areas.

Looks like he's hitting it further than he used to. Probably feels like he has to to keep up.
I bet he's not the only one feeling that way

tenor.gif

Off to a good start today!

-7 65 Day 1 at Pebble.

and did it playing smart and attacking when it made sense. Three more days of this goes a long way to help confidence

Maybe the bigger question now is:

What did Butch whisper to Jordan during their time together?

Maybe the bigger question now is:

What did Butch whisper to Jordan during their time together?

"You don't need to swing out of your shoes"

"Play to your strengths"

"Scrambling every hole adds unneeded stress"

He played great today. Hopefully he keeps it going!

Hoping his recent play is a sign of good things to come. Will be interesting if he can hold it together & notch another win this week.

Late to the party but I think OP has a case.

The most claring difference for me is that Spieth is genuine and interesting to hear from while DuVall is a bore. :sneaky:

Back