Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

If PGATSS can figure out how to order 2 degrees flat, I will be ordering the ZX5's 6-AW with the Recoil 760 Smacwrap F2. Waiting.....

GC2 doesn't measure club speed, so smash factor is either am estimate or set by the store at 1.36

Must be an algorithm because the first shot was 1.33 and the few driver shots I hit were all 1.47.

If PGATSS can figure out how to order 2 degrees flat, I will be ordering the ZX5's 6-AW with the Recoil 760 Smacwrap F2. Waiting.....

I think they just need to call Srixon as I ordered my z765/565 irons 1.5* flat. It would also be easy to have the shop bend them once they arrive. I bought a Cleveland wedge last month from our local PGA SS and they bent it flat for me on the spot with no wait.

Still showing "pending, no delivery date available" this is so weird. Tried calling again and got "we are currently unavailable to take your call as we are further building our service skills." The other strange thing is my account has not been debited. Now I don't know what to think?

If they are concerned about delivering in snow, which is totally understandable, then they can just send @just8abug's set down to me in sunny south florida, and have my sent sent to him when there is less snow. Win-win.
Maybe they did. Let me know if you get something you didn't order. ;)

Maybe they did. Let me know if you get something you didn't order. ;)
I think we got the same order? I split mine at 7, standard LLL.

I’m not sure if there is a driver thread, but I was able to see the lineup today and I was super, super impressed. The 5 model looked nothing like I assumed it would.

Srixon is absolutely.....demanding......respect right now....

I’m not sure if there is a driver thread, but I was able to see the lineup today and I was super, super impressed. The 5 model looked nothing like I assumed it would.

Srixon is absolutely.....demanding......respect right now....

Glad to hear this! And i agree, Srixon are demanding respect everywhere in the bag. Wait till you hit that ZX5 driver... I'm going to go over to that thread and gush about it in a minute, but I hit it again today and had trouble putting it down. It is so darn user friendly its practically on autopilot. And fast. And good looking.

Still showing "pending, no delivery date available" this is so weird. Tried calling again and got "we are currently unavailable to take your call as we are further building our service skills." The other strange thing is my account has not been debited. Now I don't know what to think?
They just got a shipment of Recoils on the 3rd and are working on back orders.

and they said they don’t charge your card until they assemble/ship.

Last edited:
Looked again this morning at the tracking number. It says they are in the Omaha facility. Must have switched to ground transportation in Memphis on Thursday. Things are looking up once again (y)

Got my ZX5 irons ordered. Eta 3/31/2021,

Yeah it stinks for them, but I get it. I’m glad we got Noelle to even discuss it haha
Can’t use his likeness but they can see their irons won correct

LOCKDOWN here.

ZX7's back on ice.

Form slump here I come.

Was in PGATSS today. Didn’t hit any, but they sure did pass the cursory waggle test. Nice looking clubs. ZX5 would be my choice- I don’t think a combo set would be necessary.

I sure would be interested in attending a THP Srixon Experience this year. Would love to hear some teasers...

Awesome to see them doing so well. Those ZX7’s are very nice. I like the simplicity of the design.

Was in PGATSS today. Didn’t hit any, but they sure did pass the cursory waggle test. Nice looking clubs. ZX5 would be my choice- I don’t think a combo set would be necessary.

I sure would be interested in attending a THP Srixon Experience this year. Would love to hear some teasers...
It’s coming. Due to company structure we have to wait until they are cleared to travel before we throw out more details.

👀 🔥

414AEEFE-62C6-485D-90DB-B9DD95C97AA7.jpegF5A264B4-562B-48D4-B3B7-19D3107E7859.jpeg2DB7E299-B427-44CC-B961-B9EE45EA4E23.jpeg

I'm definitely going to have to head in for a snow induced 'gapping session' now.

Gapping session sounds like a great idea 💡! This morning I walked in the golf shop, bought these off the rack, and did just that 🔥🔥. Here is what I’ll be working with, ball is ZStar XV.

23A8BFBD-92EE-469E-B690-5DDAB3D09EEA.jpeg

EDIT: Adding in individual shot data. The cool thing about this data set is that very few shots were thrown out. I removed just 5 shots out of 28 total.... one shot with PW, 2 with 8i, and 2 with 4i were removed. 6i was mint, I kept all shots. I'm impressed.

ZX7 Gapping.png

Last edited:
Got my ZX5 irons ordered. Eta 3/31/2021,

You've inspired me to get my order in. I just talked to a buddy who is the head of the greens comittee at our club and they are shooting for an April 2nd opening, mother nature allowing.

I just sent this in to our pro. :)

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 11.24.52 AM.png

Last edited:
Back