Hybrid/Utility Shafts - What’s your flavor?

Go Atmos Black. It’s firm enough to make your shivers timber. But flexible enough to feel wobbly above 115 or so.

Ahhhh. To have those problems. I’m now trying to work a 105 swing with a forward press. I can’t bend my gear at current speeds. Stepped down in shaft flex. With the new swing it’s hitting it. Not very far, but nice flight. More important to me than anything. Nice flight equals my CHS being maximized. I’m hitting it further with good flight at 105 than bad flight at 115.

Again I go straight to the extremes. I’m not talking by a little. I either hit or miss, but the misses are huge. Golf is supposed to be fun. I have fun.
Oh, I’ve hit them all. The Atmos line just didn’t hold up for me like I wanted it to and the data showed it. Good news is, lots of fish in the sea ;)

A great hybo shaft for the money is the Aldila 2KXV. Very stable with a crisp kick to it. Of course, GD hybo shafts are legit and I really want to try the GHOST too. But it is hard to beat that 2KXV for only $45, IMO.

A great hybo shaft for the money is the Aldila 2KXV. Very stable with a crisp kick to it. Of course, GD hybo shafts are legit and I really want to try the GHOST too. But it is hard to beat that 2KXV for only $45, IMO.
The NV NXT Gen is legit as well. If you want a flat flyer, the Aldila green hybo variations are definitely still beasts.

Ive got a kbs prototype 95x tipped 1" in my 2 iron... absolutely love it!! Great flight, great feel, and low launch bombs with it

kbs prototype 105x in my 4 hybrid and its easily been the best combo ive ever hit in a hybrid. Very easy to control and pretty much no over draws or hooks anymore

ive hit the Nippon GOST about 4 times now and that thing is incredible! I really want to put one in both the utility and hybrid but its really not necessary.... when its time to upgrade (which shouldn't be for a few years but will probably happen in a few months lol) ill probably get them. I like things to match so once I got fit for the kbs td shaft in driver, I put one in the 3w so went with kbs also in utility and hybrid

Right now I have a tensei pro white 90tx in my 21* hybrid.

I like how easy it is to swing where it still feels together and doesn't have a massive kick to it. I like the small kick at impact. I love how it matches up with my irons and woods.

I've bounced around, but I have settled in on the KBS Hydrid shaft. I love the feel, weight and the launch it provides.

I put the Nippon Modus Hybrid GOST shaft in my 3H and I'm never looking back. Playing in X flex so around 100g. Super stable shaft. It lessens the left hook in my shots. I like the tech of combining graphite and steel. The feel is more steel than graphite to me. I can also see myself putting this in a utility.

I put the Nippon Modus Hybrid GOST shaft in my 3H and I'm never looking back. Playing in X flex so around 100g. Super stable shaft. It lessens the left hook in my shots. I like the tech of combining graphite and steel. The feel is more steel than graphite to me. I can also see myself putting this in a utility.
For me in hybrids and utilities it really is Ventus and GOST, and then everyone else.

I am using the KBS Prototype 95X per the recommendation from my fitter at ECPC. I like the shaft a lot. It is pretty rigid but I don't have any issues timing it. I can't really feel a definitive load/unload of it. Reminds me more of a steel shaft than any graphite shaft I have tried. Just seems to be really consistent for me.

The only hybrid I have had success with thus far has a UST Proforce V2 Black regular flex shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am using the same shafts in my 4&5u that I play in my irons. Steelfiber 110s. I did order a 2u but got it with the stock Recoil 95. Mostly because I got a steal of a deal and can change shafts if needed.

I’m sort of on the hunt here again. There are some I really want to try, but just can’t track down for a decent price. 😢

I just put a Accra FX 2.0 200 series in a SIM Max 4H. Only a one-time range thing before the Snowmegadon, but promising.

I just put a Accra FX 2.0 200 series in a SIM Max 4H. Only a one-time range thing before the Snowmegadon, but promising.
I’ve resisted grabbing a TZ hybrid shaft for literally years now. The FX is fun too though!

I’ve resisted grabbing a TZ hybrid shaft for literally years now. The FX is fun too though!

It seemed a reasonable price for a Made in Japan shaft - and Will Peoples does a great job with a THP promo code!

It seemed a reasonable price for a Made in Japan shaft - and Will Peoples does a great job with a THP promo code!
Big fan of Will for sure.

Giving this guy a go in the 4i/pseudoutility after pulling the catalyst.

PXL_20210207_014526818~2.jpg

I'm going to try the Big Bertha B 21 4 and 5 hybrids this year. I will be playing the stock shafts as I've read good things about the stock shafts in the B 21 drivers, woods and hybrids.

I liked Evenflow Black pretty well last season. Not sure what that translates into moving forward, maybe I will give Riptide a go in hybrid at some point.

I'm using the Tour AD DI 95 in my 4H. It holds up really well, but doesn't feel terrible. Only thing I don't care for is the bright orange.

ive got a VA Composites Nemesys on the way coming from Will Peoples!! really excited to try it out..... im a big fan of counter balanced shafts. Tensei Pro Orange works awesome in my driver and my p790 UDI

Hoping the Nemesys if everything Im hoping for so I can talk myself in to ordering a 3w shaft

Hybrids are the only place where I've been complacent with the stock offering. I've been lucky in that the stock offerings in the last two set of hybrids I've played have been pretty good. I will say that hybrid is a club I have to be extra smooth with to make sure I'm not hooking them off the planet, and shaft probably has something to do with that, but I've been able to make the stockers work for me so far.

I am interested in options though. Had to cancel my CC fitting due to weather, but fully plan on going back. Don't know if I'll have the swings in me to hit hybrids after going ham on driver and 3W though!

Back