Hybrid/Utility Shafts - What’s your flavor?

I'm going to try the Big Bertha B 21 4 and 5 hybrids this year. I will be playing the stock shafts as I've read good things about the stock shafts in the B 21 drivers, woods and hybrids.
Amazing , your post could actually be describing me, except that I would be using a Maverick Max driver. I also have five hybrids in my bag, and take advantage of how easy they are to hit. I also play the stock shaft regular in all of them, except for the seven and eight hybrid that are senior shafted. I am a believer on whatever creates the best opportunity to score is going to be in my bag.

I have a project x smoke black RDX in my current hybrid but it feels more harsh than the smoke black. might change back to just the smoke black.

I was on Callaway Pre-Owned one day and jumped on an Apex 19 with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 in it. I have not been disappointed with it.

When I first got a Utility Iron it came with a KBS C Taper Lite in it and it was a chore to get the ball in the air. I could hit a good shot with it about 30% of the time. I then had a Fujikura Pro 95 put in it and that thing is money. I love it during the summer when the ground is rock solid here in the desert.

I have a project x smoke black RDX in my current hybrid but it feels more harsh than the smoke black. might change back to just the smoke black.
That’s what I’ve got coming in the Tour Edge Exotics C721 hybo so this feedback definitely has my attention....and adds to my hesitance! Haha

That’s what I’ve got coming in the Tour Edge Exotics C721 hybo so this feedback definitely has my attention....and adds to my hesitance! Haha
The smoke black feels "softer" at the tip than the rdx. But I also don't think the rdx feels like the original hzrdus black. It's much more playable and less stout for lack of a better word. I think the smoke black is my favorite shaft of all time right now because the tip feels explosive without feeling twisty (i hope that makes sense) so I may be more critical of the rdx. I will say I'm VERY interested in what you think of it, as I dig your shaft reviews!

I was on Callaway Pre-Owned one day and jumped on an Apex 19 with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 in it. I have not been disappointed with it.

When I first got a Utility Iron it came with a KBS C Taper Lite in it and it was a chore to get the ball in the air. I could hit a good shot with it about 30% of the time. I then had a Fujikura Pro 95 put in it and that thing is money. I love it during the summer when the ground is rock solid here in the desert.

I am looking at putting the a AD-DI 95 or 105 in my Callaway CF21 Ut iron. Just curious on whether you go the driving iron shaft or the hybrid shaft. How do you think the AD DI played in relation to flex? Do you think there would be a big difference between the DI shaft and the hybrid shaft in terms of profile.

I am looking at putting the a AD-DI 95 or 105 in my Callaway CF21 Ut iron. Just curious on whether you go the driving iron shaft or the hybrid shaft. How do you think the AD DI played in relation to flex? Do you think there would be a big difference between the DI shaft and the hybrid shaft in terms of profile.
A quick look at their website shows the differences. I can't speak to Torque as I don't know what that number means

1613630006391.png

Hybrid shaft
1613630048191.png

Driving Iron shaft
1613630098152.png

I can't tell you what difference any of that is, the only thing I can tell you is that I have no problem swinging this club. What I mean by that is this does not feel like a piece of rebar. When I played a steel shaft in the driving iron it was a lot of work and I can honestly say the AD DI hybrid shaft (stiff) feels perfect for my swing speed (100-105 in driver). Tip diameter is different so that may end up being your deciding factor there.

A quick look at their website shows the differences. I can't speak to Torque as I don't know what that number means

View attachment 8994031

Hybrid shaft
View attachment 8994032

Driving Iron shaft
View attachment 8994033

I can't tell you what difference any of that is, the only thing I can tell you is that I have no problem swinging this club. What I mean by that is this does not feel like a piece of rebar. When I played a steel shaft in the driving iron it was a lot of work and I can honestly say the AD DI hybrid shaft (stiff) feels perfect for my swing speed (100-105 in driver). Tip diameter is different so that may end up being your deciding factor there.
Looks like the AD DI hybrid may be the go then, as I have a Callaway UT iron and the hosel is .370 so it should just slip straight on in.

I was using the Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve in my utility irons, just switched to the Tensei CK Pro White, and have the Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95 in the Srixon ZX I have coming.

I have the stock Catalyst in my Mavrik 3 hybrid and find it a little too wippy as have to slow down swing to keep in control, believe should have ordered in stiff instead of regular. Just ordered an Apex Pro with the MMT HB stiff shaft so will be fun to see how it performs vs. the Catalyst. Would luv to try a Ventus HB shaft but have a hard time paying almost as much for a shaft as I did for the entire club given many rounds I may not even hit it.

UST Mamiya V2 great hybrid shaft. Stable, low launching. A lot of performance for the money!
The only hybrid I have had success with thus far has a UST Proforce V2 Black regular flex shaft.
I game the Proforce V2 Black as well. I suspect it plays a tad weak to flex - I am a high-ish(?) speed player (recently had 3W swing speed measured at 108) and find the X very easy to launch. Not boardy whatsoever. It is also extremely stable. High bombs all day with great combo of medium spin off the tee and good stopping power off the deck. Definitely a strong option for the value shoppers out there!

I’m really wanting to try a Ventus and/or an Autoflex in my driving iron when it comes from Nat Cust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ventus Blue 10x in my new level 3 utility is amazing! Such a smooth feel and so stable. I like the utility shaft more than the wood shafts. Blue gave me a penetrating loft and easy to hit

A8A50256-4C6D-41A7-91DB-19CD31B8930E.jpegB11EBB39-5C4C-4699-96E9-371B934ACCA6.jpeg44FB0EAB-6EBA-4821-B153-E8672F3D0805.jpeg

I'm still loving the Project X smoke black in my U510; the low launch and spin are perfect for that club.

Shockingly getting on well with the HZRDUS RDX Black in my hybrid lately.

I’ve left the tensei ck orange in the super hybrito and have been really happy with it...do I dare tinker?

Also the VA Nemesys might be the most fun shaft I’ve ever swung. It’s so accurate and the high balance point is noticeable. Added weight to the PXG Proto hybrid head and watched speeds jump up 3mph

I need height and spin -- trying out the ACCRA FX 2.0 200 series in a SIM Max Hybrid. Enjoyed the results in my first range session.

Previous shafts in a PXG Hybrid was a Tensei CK Pro Red 70, in TE EXS 220 was the GD AD HY65

I have the Aldila phenom XS - 100g it’s old but I seriously can’t find anything better for me. If I see them on eBay I buy them.

Currently using the Smoke Black 90X but that GOST keeps teasing me. Debating between the 90 gram tour stiff or the 100 gram X.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'm changing out my stock recoil shaft in the one length speed zone hybrid. I'm putting in a Maltby pro series utility shaft and see how it goes. I know the pro series wood shaft are very stable and accurate, they are also quite stiff to flex IMO.

Also as a Nippon modus 3 120 player, I would sure like to try the Nippon hybrid gost shaft.

I’m thinking about putting a Nunchuk 370 hybrid shaft in an Adams pro 4 hybrid cut to 4 iron length....

I love the KBS xstiff 70/80 i put in play last year

Back