RIP Rush Limbaugh

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rush Limbaugh passed away today at the age of 70. He had been battling lung cancer for over a year. RIP Rush.

I used to listen to Rush when he was local here in the Sacramento area, some of the most entertaining radio ever. Once he went national I lost interest, the show was quite a bit different, and less interesting to me. Talented guy though, RIP.

RIP sir.

One of a kind. I think we can all agree cancer s***s. RIP.

Cancer sucks

Love him or hate him. He was an AM radio icon..

:censored:

RIP

I was a follower when I was younger. Even saw him live. Then my politics changed. Did not change the fact that he was an icon.

Back when I was driving all over the damn place I'd throw him on because when going in and out of radio signals, his show was one that always seemed to be carried by a local affiliate. Taking the politics out of what he said, what he accomplished and his presence on the airwaves is pretty astounding.

We don't even know if his subtype was related to smoking, but whatever.
Never said it was. I said I hope he finally gets his medal for smoking cigars. Something that he said he wanted.

The full context was he was alluding to that the amount of money he'd spent on cigars was astronomical. Money he was inferring that tobacco taxes go to help education and by proxy he'd donated enough (joking) to deserve a medal.

I've seen the above quote online from pundits and it's gross every time. You can disagree with a person's politics and not make gross comments about them while their family is mourning. ;) Rush had plenty of personal flaws regardless of his politics. No one deserves to be mocked and ridiculed in their death. For all his flaws, he donated millions to charity, which is more than I can say.

Cancer sucks, no one deserves it. Ask me how much cancer sucks. :(

The full context was he was alluding to that the amount of money he'd spent on cigars was astronomical. Money he was inferring that tobacco taxes go to help education and by proxy he'd donated enough (joking) to deserve a medal.

I've seen the above quote online from pundits and it's gross every time. You can disagree with a person's politics and not make gross comments about them while their family is mourning. ;) Rush had plenty of personal flaws regardless of his politics. No one deserves to be mocked and ridiculed in their death. For all his flaws, he donated millions to charity, which is more than I can say.

Cancer sucks, no one deserves it. Ask me how much cancer sucks. :(
Cancer sucks.

Many times I didn't agree with his stance on things or how he went about it - but I did find him entertaining. Cancer Sucks and a giant in talk show radio was lost today. RIP Rush.

Cancer Sucks.....RIP Rush

Bummer. I listened to him as much as I could. Didn't always agree with him, but still.......... Hopefully someone almost as good will take over for him. He can't be replaced.

Bummer. I listened to him as much as I could. Didn't always agree with him, but still.......... Hopefully someone almost as good will take over for him. He can't be replaced.
I always found him entertaining. I often wondered if some of the stuff he said was because he truly believed it or because he knew it would get good ratings.

Back