New England Members

Played the Captains today. It was a bit damp but for January it was awesome. It was super windy which made it seem a bit cooler but it was a great day. I didn’t start out with 3 birdies like @Kenomikes did but I did have 3 on the day. For January I hit the ball very well.

LOL. Birdied 2 of 4 today than that was it for a 5 over round in 35*. It’s 2 clubs add on irons. What a great last three days in January, 3 rounds unreal.

Any courses that are open this weekend that the group is aware of? I see Captains is open - but that is a 3 hour drive from the house in NH. Anywhere further north?

First round of 2021 in the books. Around 37 degrees but was beautiful with the sun out and no wind at Fall River CC. Forward tees were in place but hitting into real greens.

Attachments

• 62C2D8A8-6A8B-4073-9252-6167196DE1BC.jpeg
    62C2D8A8-6A8B-4073-9252-6167196DE1BC.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 8
Anybody else get out today? I played 9 holes at a 9 hole course that I haven’t played in over 25 years and froze my butt off.

Only good thing today was the price, damn was it cold out there.
7A656964-169A-4D93-B697-8D7B97E53AA3.jpeg

I drove past Old Marion and there were two cars in the parking lot. It was too cold for me.

Anybody else get out today? I played 9 holes at a 9 hole course that I haven’t played in over 25 years and froze my butt off.

View attachment 8990054

You are a tougher man than I

Yea I pulled in the lot and not a car there. Four of us played and no one else on the course at all until we came up 9 and I spotted a single heading down 1. Brutal.

You know it's not right when you don't even bother taking these off to putt.

81hPEECA+AL._AC_SX679_ (2).jpg

Yea I pulled in the lot and not a car there. Four of us played and no one else on the course at all until we came up 9 and I spotted a single heading down 1. Brutal.

Glad you got out, was confined to the house.

Happy to have three rounds under my belt in January

Got up to Oxford greens in CT a few days ago. Greens were pretty hard but real tees and real greens was fantastic to get out in January.

Anyone going to be playing some events in the new engalnd series? I am looking forward to it

Just a dusting!!!

Anyone going to be playing some events in the new engalnd series? I am looking forward to it

I've never done those but Monday's are tough for me.

View attachment 8990054
Got to like a place with an Honor Box!

My drinking club and striped bass fishing spot today in snow storm.

08156FE8-0626-4DCA-BF79-585C6619B314.jpeg

Some off season news:

Seems like things are finally happening at Stow:

https://www.stow-ma.gov/conservation-commission/events/135756

Supposedly the North course will be reduced to 9 holes and some changes to the South layout.

New ownership for the International:

Some off season news:

Seems like things are finally happening at Stow:

https://www.stow-ma.gov/conservation-commission/events/135756

Supposedly the North course will be reduced to 9 holes and some changes to the South layout.

New ownership for the International:

Stinks that it's the North that's losing 9 holes - I think it's the better layout overall. But I wonder if you could do a really nice 18 hole course with North/South.

Calling out to the Mass guys here. My brother and I have talked about doing a golf trip to the Cape in early/mid May this year. Then all of a sudden reality hit me this morning and I realized that &*^*ing COVID might flush that plan down the toilet. Are out of staters welcome in Massachusetts? Do you guys have any guesses as to whether we'd be able to do this in May? For reference, I'm traveling from Vermont and him from Connecticut.

Calling out to the Mass guys here. My brother and I have talked about doing a golf trip to the Cape in early/mid May this year. Then all of a sudden reality hit me this morning and I realized that &*^*ing COVID might flush that plan down the toilet. Are out of staters welcome in Massachusetts? Do you guys have any guesses as to whether we'd be able to do this in May? For reference, I'm traveling from Vermont and him from Connecticut.

I think you would be fine coming from inside of New England.

Stinks that it's the North that's losing 9 holes - I think it's the better layout overall. But I wonder if you could do a really nice 18 hole course with North/South.

I agree it is a bummer about the North course losing holes that was definitely the better track. I played the state 4 ball there at least 20 years ago and it hosted the US Publinx at one point. I played there last summer early in May and it was in terrible condition I didn't go back which was a shame. Stow used to be the premier public facility before all of the newer higher end clubs were built.

I'd call your resort of choice and validate with them. I know some people are not following any of the recommended guidelines but a resort has its license to operate hanging in the balance. I'd bet it is a non issue but could save you a long drive.

I think you would be fine coming from inside of New England.
Hope you're right! Was looking up the golf packages and they're really affordable. Hopefully in a couple months I'll be hitting you guys up for course recommendations 🙏

Back