Flightscope Mevo+ Review

Very interesting read so far! I am waiting on delivery of my mevo+. I bought it because I want to get back to having a respectable golf game; Father Time hasn’t let up. Truth is, I don’t go to the driving range very often anymore and I am hoping having a garage set up will be that difference.

I am sure the mevo+ will pick up my slower swing speed. My question is whether it will pick up really high swing speeds.

Can anyone tell me if the mevo+ Can pick up a ball speed of 175+??

Very interesting read so far! I am waiting on delivery of my mevo+. I bought it because I want to get back to having a respectable golf game; Father Time hasn’t let up. Truth is, I don’t go to the driving range very often anymore and I am hoping having a garage set up will be that difference.

I am sure the mevo+ will pick up my slower swing speed. My question is whether it will pick up really high swing speeds.

Can anyone tell me if the mevo+ Can pick up a ball speed of 175+??
I think if you want accurate numbers at 175+, you will have to go up in price. Mevo+ may pick it up, but I wouldn’t trust the numbers unless you were outdoors (and even then would have doubts)

What are your garage dimensions? Imho you need the room to be minimum 18’ long.

Garage dimensions not an issue. I have 22W x 22L x 12H. They suggest 8’ from mevo to ball. Would I be better off keeping that dimension and using the remainder to pick up ball flight, or increase distance from mevo to ball?

Garage dimensions not an issue. I have 22W x 22L x 12H. They suggest 8’ from mevo to ball. Would I be better off keeping that dimension and using the remainder to pick up ball flight, or increase distance from mevo to ball?

I have a Mevo+ on the way. From my research, the more ball flight the better.

I have a Mevo+ on the way. From my research, the more ball flight the better.

Exactly what KingsKraken said. If I were you, I would start out 7'6"-8' ball to Mevo+ and as much ball flight as possible. I think 12' of ball flight would work, giving yourself 1' net to wall.

BTW, I envy you having a 12' tall garage. Mine is barely 8'.

Tried today at short indoor, 11’ ball to net and 8’ mevo to ball. It didn’t pick up spin once on what were decently struck balls by my standards.

Going to email flightscope support tomorrow and see what they come back with. It’s frustrating because I’m already short, knocking off 15 or more yards is a killer

Pluses and minuses...

I took this to the course. Our match was over after 15, so I set this up for a short par 3 on 16 and for our drives on 18. Carry, ball flight, etc were spot on. 2 of the guys I play with swing driver at 100 mph (measured by the Mevo+), but I usually outdrive them due to having an optimized ball flight. After the round I showed them how managing their AoA could help them. I was at +4.6, one was even, the other at -2. I know the provided club data is limited (AoA, club speed) but I've been impressed with its accuracy and functionality. Outdoors with unrestricted flight, this device packs a punch.

With restricted flight, my setup doesn't allow that to happen. And here's my issue with the unit - it really helps if there is a flat & level surface ball to Mevo+. My backyard isn't even, and there are days when I just can't get it set up to read accurately. I guess some can look past a little less ball speed and high spin, but my OCD can't handle it. I tried it yesterday pm and played 18 on e6, but it wasn't a fun experience.

At this point, after 5-6 months, I feel comfortable recommending the unit but under certain conditions:

* You like the idea of the versatility for the range & on course.
* Having SOME club data is important
* You have a flat area device to unit w/ minimum 10' of ball flight (I would guess 15' should work optimally)

A couple of other pluses -
1- the hitting area is very generous.
2- No issues having to move the unit for lefties or righties

I am trying to get FS support to assist me with the issue I'm seeing, but am not optimstic it will be resolved to my satisfaction. Kind of in a pinch, bc I see value in having club data and love how it works outside w/ unrestricted flight. I would use it more if I felt it was close to as accurate into my backyard net though.

Thank you for taking the time to do the in depth review that you have done.

I myself am just in that initial phase of launch monitor search now and this info is very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to do the in depth review that you have done.

I myself am just in that initial phase of launch monitor search now and this info is very helpful.
Glad it could be of help. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. If I don’t know will ask around. There are some really good resources out there.

Glad it could be of help. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. If I don’t know will ask around. There are some really good resources out there.

I appreciate it. Getting analysis paralysis trying to figure out if i want/need shot data or if i want/need to spend the additional 1500, to see my shot shap and attempt to cure my defects. Might just grab one for the data aspect and spend the additional 1500 on lessons.

I really wish there was a decently accurate device for 300+ yard drives for enthusiasts not looking for a car priced piece of equipment. I'm going to have to shell out for GCQuad someday. *sigh*

Great review. I have the mevo and love it. I know others are not fond of it or have had issues but for what I have used it for I have been satisfied with it.

I really wanted to upgrade to the Mevo +. Was watching and waiting patiently for it to come out. For the price difference I am currently holding off. For some reason I thought this would be under 1k. Also seemed like no incentive for upgrade when they came out. Thought maybe they would offer a trade in bo or special for current Mevo owners.

I really wish there was a decently accurate device for 300+ yard drives for enthusiasts not looking for a car priced piece of equipment. I'm going to have to shell out for GCQuad someday. *sigh*
Just get older like me and don't hit it over 300, then you'll be ok. :unsure:

Great review. I have the mevo and love it. I know others are not fond of it or have had issues but for what I have used it for I have been satisfied with it.

I really wanted to upgrade to the Mevo +. Was watching and waiting patiently for it to come out. For the price difference I am currently holding off. For some reason I thought this would be under 1k. Also seemed like no incentive for upgrade when they came out. Thought maybe they would offer a trade in bo or special for current Mevo owners.
Thanks for the kind words and hopping onto the thread. I think the upgrade is only worth it if you are really into the sim aspect and/or the swing work you're doing requires AoA.

FS Support is asking me to call them to troubleshoot the device remotely, but it's been raining last couple of days and since my setup is outside I haven't had a chance. Hopefully tomorrow. I am seeing more posts on social media about people really enjoying their Mevo+, but for some rolling back to an older firmware version has helped.

I sold the unit today. Still if anyone has any questions I’d answer to the best of my ability.

I sold the unit today. Still if anyone has any questions I’d answer to the best of my ability.

Did you buy something else? Full Swing Kit or GC2?

Or waiting to see what else might come to the market in a year?

I saw your unit for sale obedt. Didn't put in a bid though.

I'm torn because I plan to mainly use it outside like you did. My backyard is fairly flat and I definitely have plenty of space outside.

Not as worried about the sim part because i don't have a good indoor setup. I just want accurate numbers in a net for practice.

Seems like all launch monitors struggle in this area.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'm torn because I plan to mainly use it outside like you did. My backyard is fairly flat and I definitely have plenty of space outside.

Not as worried about the sim part because i don't have a good indoor setup. I just want accurate numbers in a net for practice.

All radar based anyway...

Agree with @JB all radar based systems struggle with extreme limited flight. Camera based launch monitors (Foresight GC2 & Quad, Uneekor, Skytrak) need a few feet to take a few pictures of the golf ball and determine launch conditions.

All lower priced launch monitors are sacrificing something, so you won't get a GC Quad at the $2k price tag

Want to jump in to agree with JB and The Dave. Into a net, cannot go wrong with photometric untis. If you only want oudoor unrestricted flight, I honestly I really liked this product.

Some (maybe even most?) have had success with the Mevo+ into a net, with a flat surface extending from the unit minimum to the hitting area. I didn’t have that and honestly some days got good results but, maybe only about 60% of the time. Those other times I didn’t were very frustating. I started to use the unit less into my backyard and only for range trips. At the end, I got a better mat which sat a little higher than the previous one and I couldn’t get what I thought were great readings.

Given what they are going for online, it made a lot of sense to sell the unit.

Did you buy something else? Full Swing Kit or GC2?

Or waiting to see what else might come to the market in a year?

If I do get something in the future, it will be photometric. Have contacted a Foresight sales rep about a GC2 but nothing is imminent.

I’m not sure how the tech behind the Full Swing Kit is any different from the Mevo+. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that its guts are similar, with 2 tx and 4 rx operatingat the same frequency bands.

Last edited:
Some (maybe even most?) have had success with the Mevo+ into a net, with a flat surface extending from the unit minimum to the hitting area.

My setup will be a short flight into a net on a flat garage floor. My unit should be here any day now if the original shipping estimate is still good. My bigger worry is interference. I have a metal furnace and a chest freezer in one direction, and a garage door in the other.

I plan to add my results to this thread when I get everything setup.

Worst case, I’m sure I’ll have no trouble selling the Mevo+ for a good price. I’ll get my hands on a Skytrak and then list it for sale.

Anyone have photos of a garage set up with this?

BTW, the place I ordered my Mevo+ from had some on pre-order that were expected to ship between Feb 17-23. As of today, his website is showing In Stock on the Mevo+.

If anyone is looking to buy, here’s a chance to get one without the long wait or marked up secondary market price.

Disclaimer: I’ve never purchased from GungHo Golf before. Seems reputable or I wouldn’t have ordered myself. As always though, caveat emptor.

My setup will be a short flight into a net on a flat garage floor. My unit should be here any day now if the original shipping estimate is still good. My bigger worry is interference. I have a metal furnace and a chest freezer in one direction, and a garage door in the other.

I plan to add my results to this thread when I get everything setup.

Worst case, I’m sure I’ll have no trouble selling the Mevo+ for a good price. I’ll get my hands on a Skytrak and then list it for sale.
The flat surface is a great start. I think it may work best facing the garage door as opposed to the furnace & freezer. Please share your thoughts on how it goes!! Am very interested. And you're right about the good price. I wound up upgrading shipping for the buyer since the unit sold well above what I was expecting.

I tried my best to give the unit a fair shake and provide the forum some feedback on its functionality. In the end, into a net with my set-up, the inconsistencies in results wore on me. There are a lot of pluses in there too though.

Back