several people mentioned they did not like dritac because the were soft and squishy impling they like a harder feeling grip.

20 years ago I recall that WINN's wrap style grips were criticized by players "too squishy". These days most of WINN's line is the DriTac, of which only one model is a wrap style.
I have not played enough rounds with the few clubs on which I have a DriTac grip to comment much , other than to say so far I like what the light weight of the grip does to the balance of the club (s). Also, my early impression is that the polymer material seems to promote for me light grip pressure, which is a good thing.

when I get a new glove out and have a generally young dritacs I feel like I can almost swing as hard as I want with no grip pressure and club is secure. I have issues with grip pressure in general which led to hands leading the downswing. Dritacs have helped me improve my full swing in past 5 years. I would not use anything else.

If I need to replace them after 6 months I simply celebrate I played that much golf. I can install a set for about $90 in about 90 minutes

I have to ask an honest question. on this board, who cares if the grips need to be replaced every 6 to 12?? Many on here appear to buy new clubs every year anyway.
if a grip helps with feel, does it matter how long they last? If so, why? The idea that someone simply likes a hard grip seems a more compelling reason.
When I wear a grip out in three weeks, it’s a problem.

Winn dri tec midsize. Used them exclusively since about 2007. But then in bulk off eBay and they last the same as a rubber grip. Rubber grips wear out just as quickly but don’t show the wear. You must change grips once per year if you play 30-40 rounds. Period. Never had a winn wear out before then. I underwent a rubber grip can look good for much longer but the life in them is gone long before they show it. Facts.
Issue is. I can’t swing anything but a winn dri tec at full speed. So fittings are an issue. I bring my own grips and have them blow them on the demo clubs or I’m screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Winn dry-tacs for the last few years, on 3 sets of irons. And I also wonder why they seem to degenerate so quickly. I would ask the golf shop for a more durable replacement, but they'll give me a puzzled look.

I can't fathom how that could happen no matter what I did to a set in 3 weeks but if you have that going on then I would feel the same.

[/QUOTE

3 weeks ? Maybe your grip pressure is a problem?

Nope, it’s not. But, I do play more golf than most so that plays into it. I think WINN are great for a segment out there for sure, I’ve put them on several guys at the courses I play clubs for them, though I think in general their durability has gotten worse over time, I know I’m just not the target audience. But I’ll admit, I wish I was, because they’re super comfy!

I'm a one and done WINN user and I'm probably not alone. They felt so good on the grip rack in the golf store compared to other offerings that I had to try them. Then discovered how quickly they wear out. A dozen rounds? Less than two dozen for sure. Overpriced crap given my grip characteristics.

I like Dri-Tacs and currently have the Dri-Tac wrap on all clubs. I tried them when I had my iron fitting about 2-3 years ago. I have noticed they seem less durable than the GolfPride and Lamkin grips I was used to at the time, but I play little enough that it's not much of an issue. I have had them re-gripped once.

I gamed Dri-Tac Wraps for a season and liked them. These were my first wrap style grips and I really liked what they did for my grip pressure. However a few grips did start to come apart at the seams after a year or so (~25 rounds and range sessions). I switched over to NDMC’s last summer and am going back to a rubber wrap for a different manufacturer now.

Back